help building

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom9606

Feb 24, 2015
England
I recently saw a mod on the internet called the barebones mod, its basically two strips of copper and a 510 connector, and it got me thinking of how cheap I could build a basic mech mod. My question is, would it be possible to disassemble an old ego style battery, and use the connector on that, or would I have to buy a new 510 connector of the internet?

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Personally, I'd recommend just buying a connector (they're only a couple bucks), but that's just my :2c: Or if you happen to have a thread adapter kicking around then that will work, too.
You certainly could use a connector from an old eGo, but if you do then use care when disassembling it as the battery is usually soldered directly to the electronics and you don't want to wind up literally playing with fire should something go wrong

If you're interested in building, you should check out this forum. There are a lot of good examples of simple homemade devices using plastic battery cases, plumbing parts, etc as the bodies of mods. And if you like to tinker it can be a fun experience, too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread