Help needed with figuring out a recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Hi All. Has anyone ever vaped the "V2 Platinum Sahara e-liquid" from v2.com? That was my very first juice to have and I was addicted to it. It was my ADV for a number of months until I was no longer able to get more of it. Last time I had some of that juice was no less than 7 years ago.

I'm wondering whether anyone has ever figured out its recipe. It says on the website that it's on higher PG but I believe the proper percentage of flavoring should give the same taste results considering higher VG in case of using DTL tanks/RDAs.

The most common flavoring brand where I live is TPA/TFA. I welcome all recipes that provide that same taste, and appreciate it whether those who figured out the recipe can advise me with TPA/TFA alternatives in case non-TPA/TFA flavorings are included.

Many thanks in advance! :)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
A description might help as a lot of us don't buy many pre-made liquids.
This is from the website:

"Mild and exotic, Sahara harnesses the distinct taste of Turkish tobacco for a flavor that delivers the sun-cured sweetness of the Orient. This e-liquid contains tobacco flavor, but does not contain tobacco."

I'm not familiar with TFA tobaccos except for one, hopefully someone can help.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Thanks @glasseye.

There are also FA flavors available. I started off with trying FA desert ship as a single flavor to get a better understanding of what a Turkish tobacco flavor would taste like and whether that flavor is part of the Sahara juice, but can't really tell if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChelsB

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi @ChelsB, hi @IDJoel :) maybe you guys can help me out with this? Would really appreciate it :)

Hi back at ya @Bigdaddi!:D

I am afraid I am not going to be able to offer anything useful to your quest; as I am pretty inexperienced with tobacco concentrates in general, and I am completely unfamiliar with the specific e-liquid you are trying to imitate.:(

The only turkish I have used at all, was TFA's Turkish, and that was only as an accent note vs. as a primary note. I have never seen any true "tobacco" connoisseurs speak very highly of TFA's offerings.
I am thinking @Beamslider's suggestion of looking to the chinese offerings is smart. I have seen many speak highly of Hangsen's tobaccos, as @dobroeutro mentioned. That is if you can find access to them in your country.:blush:

It might be worth inquiring on the threads that @dobroeutro provided links to also. The first one in particular has lots of very knowledgeable tobacco fans participating on it. You might get lucky, and find someone who knows the V@ product, and can offer some suitable candidates.
Wish I had something more for you.:toast:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Hi All. Has anyone ever vaped the "V2 Platinum Sahara E-Liquid" from v2.com?

Based on a couple of things I know, and a hunch, I'd definitely at least try out Dekang Desert Ship. That would be my first guess as the main (and likely only) note. Failing that, I'd try out Hangsen's Desert Ship as well, but DeKang would be my first guess.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Based on a couple of things I know, and a hunch, I'd definitely at least try out Dekang Desert Ship. That would be my first guess as the main (and likely only) note. Failing that, I'd try out Hangsen's Desert Ship as well, but DeKang would be my first guess.

Please tell me both are nothing like FlavorArt Desert Ship. The FA one was actually the first flavor ever I got when I started DIY and it's nothing like V2 Sahara juice.

May I ask what the couple of things you know are?

Reactions: IDJoel

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Please tell me both are nothing like FlavorArt Desert Ship. The FA one was actually the first flavor ever I got when I started DIY and it's nothing like V2 Sahara juice.

May I ask what the couple of things you know are?

I tried the V2 "system" along with their cartridges containing their juice, when I first started vaping, including their regular Sahara (no familiarity with the 'Platinum,' I'm afraid.) I didn't like their system or their flavors, tbh, so I switched to an Ego almost immediately.

I was pretty broke at the time though, and it took me a while to figure out I didn't like cheap tobacco flavors, so I tried a fair number of them, often kind of off-brand synthetic tobaccos (and at least a couple of times DeKang branded tobaccos.)

The off-brands mainly had kind of the same underlying notes I didn't like in the DeKang, and I'm inclined to think that a really large percentage of the off-brand market back then was re-branded DeKang. I think they were pretty dominant for a while.

I'm pretty sure V2 did just get their juice/flavoring from a Chinese maker, and DeKang seems like by far the most likely culprit- I think they really did produce an enormous amount of the inexpensive juice/juice flavorings back then. And, IIRC, V2's Sahara had some of that same taste to it... that was quite a few years ago though, so I can't be sure. But my hunch is DeKang.

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
I tried the V2 "system" along with their cartridges containing their juice, when I first started vaping, including their regular Sahara (no familiarity with the 'Platinum,' I'm afraid.) I didn't like their system or their flavors, tbh, so I switched to an Ego almost immediately.

I was pretty broke at the time though, and it took me a while to figure out I didn't like cheap tobacco flavors, so I tried a fair number of them, often kind of off-brand synthetic tobaccos (and at least a couple of times DeKang branded tobaccos.)

The off-brands mainly had kind of the same underlying notes I didn't like in the DeKang, and I'm inclined to think that a really large percentage of the off-brand market back then was re-branded DeKang. I think they were pretty dominant for a while.

I'm pretty sure V2 did just get their juice/flavoring from a Chinese maker, and DeKang seems like by far the most likely culprit- I think they really did produce an enormous amount of the inexpensive juice/juice flavorings back then. And, IIRC, V2's Sahara had some of that same taste to it... that was quite a few years ago though, so I can't be sure. But my hunch is DeKang.

Yeah I didn't like their system as well - ended up vaping their Sahara juice in an eGo.

I'll take your advice and see if I can get my hands on some Dekang flavoring where I am now.

Many thanks for your help! :)

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'll take your advice and see if I can get my hands on some Dekang flavoring where I am now.

Many thanks for your help! :)

Why aren't you able to get it anymore? Is it a matter of import restrictions? 'Cause I note that, to my surprise, V2 is still a going concern, and they still sell that juice.

Reactions: IDJoel

FrostyMtl

Apr 2, 2014
Montréal
I started my vaping journey with V2 products as well.

I copied the following from my notes which were taken in turn from a forum; probably here.

"V2 uses mostly Hangsen.
Sahara is made with HS Turkish flavor - exactly the same.
Their Congress flavor is the same as Congress from HS. As to V2 Red, I am having trouble deciding which HS flavor they use. Probably US Red.
"

I apologize since I cannot attribute the comment to anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigdaddi

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
I started my vaping journey with V2 products as well.

I copied the following from my notes which were taken in turn from a forum; probably here.

"V2 uses mostly Hangsen.
Sahara is made with HS Turkish flavor - exactly the same.
Their Congress flavor is the same as Congress from HS. As to V2 Red, I am having trouble deciding which HS flavor they use. Probably US Red.
"

I apologize since I cannot attribute the comment to anyone.
Thanks for that, FrostyMtl. I remember seeing that in a thread somewhere too when I looked for more information about it. It sure is helpful to keep that note in this thread as well in case I wanted to get back to it. Thanks again :)

Bigdaddi

Mar 19, 2017
Nasr City, Cairo - Egypt
Your welcome Bigdaddi!
I think that the most important thing is that that note encouraged me to buy those three Hangsen flavors, plus 20 or so more, that I then mixed to create eLiquid that was even better than V2's.
Wish I can order some to be delivered to Egypt, but customs usually bust such shipments and don't let them through, not legally with no hassle anyway.

I presume you're a MTL user, right? Still mixing that Sahara-like flavor? Ever tried in on a DTL? If yes, how was it? I really miss that flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread