Helping the Homeless (dont know where to post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
i am a pastor (a vaping biker pastor, but i do own a lil white collar. Heh)

I have been vaping past few months around all my friends who live outside AKA homeless folks.. many of these homeless are vets and just families that have landed on hard time due to economy.

I run the addiction recovery part as well as do one on one counseling. I visit camps, give rides to doctor appointments etc.. a lil bit of everything without banging them in the head with a bible..

So, here is my problem. Many of these people smoke those really cruddy lil cigars that smell like funky underwear. they cost a buck or two a pack and have to be the most unhealthy thing i have ever tried to smoke.

A few of these vets have been asking about vaping. i have given a few my stash of apollo disposables and they loved it. one guy made i last for a week. i told hime he was sucking filler and threw it out, he said it tasted better than the clippers and buts he picked up off ground around shopping centers. (that is a common practice,picking up butts folks throw on ground, collect as many as u can, then re-roll)

I am trying to figure out the best way i can help these guys and gals.. if i had some cheep way to help a few i would keep them supplied with juice.

I cant use the donations that come in because most christians would have a fit if we helped the homeless smoke.. i wont even go there what i went thru being a pastor. to me smoking is not sinful but paying 10 bucks a pack is..

Any ideas? i have some 50 DC cartos i will part with if need be.. im fairly new to vaping even tho i have a stash as big as some of the old timers. its a great hobby and distraction to me and i am enjoying it..

i am on the up and up. here is a link of what I do.

Matthews Hope

i also have a few blogs and web pages..

most of my vids unedited my vids in raw form

(this one is of kevin the earthworm GUY funny story)

(this one is a memorial of a vet dirty dan that died i preached at)

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
thanks for all the reply's.. i can and do some DIY.. but the juice is really not a problem. i have four guys i can supply a base nic juice of a 555 or a basik DK.

its the initial batteries. i am thinking one 650mah ego for each guy. i need to KISS (keep it simple) as they recharge at the parks and my shelter.

so, just mega carto single coil.. they last a few weeks with a good juice...

i dont mind doing this its the initial set of batts and chargers..

i will give up one each of mine as well as the gas station metros i have from when i tried vaping.. but the threads are not compat with the 510..

maybe the egoT is the way to go.. IDK.. just think on it a bit.. ill set one guy/gal up a month either way..

my first guy is grizzly Addams (eric) he has leukemia, a bad heart, as well as two other cancers and staying in a charity run converted room for homeless cancer patients..

nice guy.. a bit scared that he is most probably facing eternity.. ill link to his facebook if he says OK. i always keep their integrity in mind,, they are my friends and not projects.

i am their pastor and its the same ads when i had a brick and mortar building with pretty pulpit..LOL just a bit different..

i will do pics and vids .. should start a blog called vagabond vapor..

be blessed

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
What about teaching them how to drip? Attys might go a bit further than cartos as far as lifespan goes. If they're not going to be switching flavors a whole lot, it might be a good way to go. I can personally donate some drip tips. I vape ce2's and only have one atty to my name, sadly. I'll see what I can do to get some ordered for you if you think it might be a good plan. Please let me know.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Its easier to get items donated if you keep it basic.Like say 510 threaded stuff. Then you can keep a box of items and they can come to you when something is needed. They can try different things and more people would be willing to help if they could donate from their own supply without purchasing specific items. Just my opinion.

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
BrotherFrankie,

As a friend of Bills and the daughter of a vet who died from lung cancer your post has touched me. My friends and I have started our own little vape group and we place orders to the health cabin about once every month or two to stock up on our basic supplies. I will be making an order next week and would be willing to order some extras to send on to you. If you are interested in that send me a pm and let me know what you are thinking you will need. I will spread the word to my vaping friends ( 15 and growng, all with very close ties to what you are doing) and see what we can gather up. Just let us know what you need. We would be honored to be of service.

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
oh Dripping while living outside is not an easy thing. u have no idea what its like in the camps..

no water, no elec, tents, fire ants, racoons, snakes, gators.. ,...

i have a mess dripping at home..LOL

it needs to be kept simple like carts.. they can fill 2 a day or ill have prefilled for them. i hit camps every few days..

i am starting with three of my friends who live outside and see how it goes..

i will post pics so u guys get an idea of who, what and where.. its not pretty.. i have spent the night out there in 100 weather.. was ate up.. we do alot at Matthews Hope as well as "the Gathering".. Christians in general dont like to support addictions and i am putting myself out on a limb by doing this in public. LOL

Wont be the first time im an outlaw preacher.. but im not using the ministry name or money.. this is just me, a man who loves God and these folks who live outside..

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
i am deeply touched by those that are reaching out to our friends who live outside.. i responded to all PM's.. i will set up something for donations i suppose. I like the passing on our own stuff better but never say no to $$..

I am who i say i am.. i have been doing this a long time..

I even bring these guys to my home to detox them from benzo's, booze, opiates... my wife is a nurse who started a clinic in haiti and works in an ER here in florida..

i am an old school addict. I have recovered the life God intended for me and share what i have.. I do not beat anyone over the head with a bible or preaching unless they ask. I just love and give a hand up, not a hand out.. I have many friends who live outside who would jump in front of a bullet for me, or you..

Frankie..

My email.. (if not allowed to post this i did not know) MrFrankGallo@gmail.com

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
I have a group of people going in with me to order some supplies from the health cabin to donate to BrotherFrankie. I am going to place the order the week of the 16th. If anyone would like to join in with us, please PM me and let me know. I am not too sure the best way to go about this as far as money goes as I am new and do not have a PP account. I guess I will go look into that now. If anyone has suggestions or would like to join us please just let me know!

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
wow is all i can say...

just so ya know.. i was in tears yesterday at mathews hope (our shelter) we are building a shower trailer with three showers and a washer dryer to bring out to homeless camps. we needed vehicles to pull this monster.. someone donated a dually pickup in awesome shape just for that.

then someone donated an 04 lincoln navigator to use to take our homeless friends to doctors, the VA, whatever... i usaully use the motorcycle and that gets old in the rain..LOL..,

we have served over 700 homeless folks. every tuesday we serve between 50-100 three meals, laundry, bikes, documents, full medical, shower, Video watching in Air conditioned room, counseling, u name it..

on thurdays i do an addiction group, a bible study and am getting ready to start a GED course. we have a professional head hunter that gives a resume/job interview class. we supply dress clothes and prep for joB interviews..

this vaping thing is a lil side thing because i got tired of these people picking up buts from street or smoking those nasty ... clippers..

Thanks folks, i am amazed and humbled..

i opened my facebook pics i hope this works..

What I do

another one

i vid or album... LOL

have a great night folks.. i hope the links give u an idea of what my wife and i have committed our life to..

Last edited:

Nikinic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
Utah
Ok everyone my paypal account is set and ready to go. We have already received our first donation of $60. It makes my heart swell to know that people want to help. I have been in contacted with Brother Frankie and will be working with him to figure out everything that we need to order. If you would like to donate please PM and I will send you the email address. I will keep this post updated with the currently info and how much we have collected.

PS To the mods, can I post the email address here? It was set up for our vape group so it is not a private email address. I am new so I do not want to break any rules:)

BrotherFrankie

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
WinterGarden Fl
thursday i will post a pic and bio of our first recipient of an e cigg,, grizzly adams AKA eric.,. he has cancer.. i need permission from him.

next guy is Mr Green. (he designed the parking garage at universal studios and the control tower at Orlando International airport) and is now living outside due to the economy.

these guys are family men who landed on hard times..

that parking garage was cutting edge and the only one in the world like it at he time..

these men are not drunks, not druggies.. they are american heros, veterans and family men with kids..

they just happen to live outside.. if ya bend a knee, say a prayer..

Be blessed folks. i am humbled..

geekswife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Bartlesville, OK
What an amazing opportunity for the vaping community to really show some love! I'm sharing this with everyone I can think of who may be able to assist.. you are truly a man of God, BrotherFrankie. These are beautiful people who have fallen on hard times. We've all been there, to some degree. I watched the videos you shared.. you are the real deal. PM me your address, I have a full eGo kit I can send your way for now. I'll see what else I can drum up over the next few weeks, as well.

Love & prayers headed your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread