Here's a pic of my polypropylene tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

freekshow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
This is a MUST read for all tank users.I have been contemplating turning delrin end caps(though I am afraid of ruining the drill press while doing so),going up to 1.125-1.25 i.d. tubing and keeping a xl carto length.
A question to throw out there,has anyone done a tank for the xxxxl(ego battery tube)sized dual cartos?I think it may be more of a pain than it would be worth due to the wasted space created by the ego skirt.

soul05

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
sf bay area
ive recently been building some tanks after being inspired by this thread. since mcmaster can only do a min order of 10ft for the 5/8 polypropylene, i still have enough material for about 80 more tanks. im still waiting on some thumb screws, but this is what ive got so far. ill probably give some to my coworkers who im trying to get to stop smoking analogs.
IMG_8919.jpg

i_is_surf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
USA
ive recently been building some tanks after being inspired by this thread. since mcmaster can only do a min order of 10ft for the 5/8 polypropylene, i still have enough material for about 80 more tanks. im still waiting on some thumb screws, but this is what ive got so far. ill probably give some to my coworkers who im trying to get to stop smoking analogs.
View attachment 177501

Did you use the grommets and o-rings from the links on this thread?

They look good!

soul05

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
sf bay area
thanks! i got the orange/red grommets that was linked before, but i found to be really tight. i might try them again later. they were from mcmaster-carr. the grommets in the pic are some i got from ebay with the same specs as the ones given in this thread. the o rings are from mcmaster carr as well. the white ones were some fda ones iirc, they work alright, but they are a bit too thin. the black o rings were a bit thicker and created a better seal. i used a hand drill to make the hole and tapped it with a 6/32 bit for a computer thumb screw. these metal ones were from my server, which is now side panel-less. im getting some black nylon thumb screws in the mail soon. all in all, this thread was a great help

soul05

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
sf bay area
I would totally pay money for one of these tanks that don't crack for an ego-c. Im not the most handy or have any tools but I would pay for parts and labor.

you can! there are various websites that sell them. valleyviewvapes has some for pretty cheap ranging from 8 to 11 dollars. vapedudes has texas tuff tanks for 8 dollars. there are a lot of options out there if youre not as handy as others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread