Horde Mini / Magnum Squonker Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munk

Mar 16, 2016
You have probably seen this at some point, likely the smallest commercial squonk box available. You can also find it on Alibaba under a different name.

I wanted a small squonk and came across this item. I'm not a fan of the overall look, but what caught my attention were the innards. With a little filing and a new 3D printed outer case, it seemed like it could be a cheap-n-easy way to get a nice micro squonk box. I ordered this item and received it yesterday. My plan is to round the corners for a more comfortable grip, and so the bottle hole is form-fitted to the bottle itself. Here is what I have so far:

squonk1.jpg
squonk2.jpg

It's still in pretty rough condition, but it's enough for me to pull some measurements and start modeling the new outer sleeve. I'll probably go with steel for this one, and once I have that in hand, I can check the fit and do whatever additional filing/sanding it needed. I'll also need to figure out a new steel tip for this thing, but that might be a little tough given how it's currently setup.

In any case, hope you enjoy and will follow along to see the final product!

Munk

Mar 16, 2016
And the model is complete. The 360 view can been seen here, and below is a render of what it would look like with polished steel:

squonkmodel3.jpg

I added a vent slot for safety reasons, and modeled it off of the air flow slots on the sides of the rba so everything would mesh well aesthetically. This was the only spot on the squonker that would allow hot gasses to escape without scorching my hand, given its small size.

Any feedback/suggestions before I have it printed?

Munk

Mar 16, 2016
Just figured out how to do the mouth peice - put the o rings on the chimney and have a metal tube slip over that whole tip part. I have some o rings on order, so I'm going to hold off on having the sleeve printed until I get those and can measure what the inner diameter of the mouth piece should be (that way I can print the sleeve and mouth piece at the same time and save some $$).

Reactions: KentA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread