Horizon Krixus Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you have the spelling correct but I just ran across a new Horizon Artic V8 that handles upto 120w! VapeNW where I ordered the first Aspire Atlantis tanks from has it listed but out of stock suggesting they haven't arrived in the US. Your links were removed so I am going by name in the Bing search engine which generally provides adequate results for tanks!

The results are the exact same! The tank isn't quite available domestically and might be found either at fasttech or 3FVape two vendors in Hong Kong first. Keep tabs on the Albaba shopping site since new products always manage to appear there before anywhere else!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Krixus Tank by Horizon Tech is going to be a tank with a ceramic coil with tungsten inside it. Supposedly the coil will last 6 months and they include a spare. Only thing you have to change is the cotton. Sounds like the same kind of deal as the Altus by Guo. No clue what the price point on it will be, the Altus is $100+ though. Also have not see the Krixus for sale anywhere

Reactions: kg1
A couple of years ago it would have been a preorder item at this point. You don't see that too much now however with so much new stuff appearing every time you turn around. It's a fast turnover with vaping technologies being seen now as the industry has grown and become more competitive.

Reactions: kg1

kg1

Sep 21, 2015
I don't know if you have the spelling correct but I just ran across a new Horizon Artic V8 that handles upto 120w! VapeNW where I ordered the first Aspire Atlantis tanks from has it listed but out of stock suggesting they haven't arrived in the US. Your links were removed so I am going by name in the Bing search engine which generally provides adequate results for tanks!

The results are the exact same! The tank isn't quite available domestically and might be found either at Fasttech or 3FVape two vendors in Hong Kong first. Keep tabs on the Albaba shopping site since new products always manage to appear there before anywhere else!

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Thanks for looking. While I have you, what is your confidence level of authentic items FASTTECH?. Some prices seem unreasonably cheap.
Actually never bought from them. Too impatient to wait for shipping from China. I always buy stuff in the states personally, lots of folks but from FT though, maybe someone here can give a better idea about that for you.

sent using Tapatalk

Actually never bought from them. Too impatient to wait for shipping from China. I always buy stuff in the states personally, lots of folks but from FT though, maybe someone here can give a better idea about that for you.

sent using Tapatalk

That's the smart move sorry to say! But I have been on another FT complaint thread where someone waited 3.5 months and another the OP nearly two full months on orders! Anything with a battery is certainly out and I had been mentioning having run into a scam site you couldn't do anything about being in Hong Kong and not in the US where some still seem to slide! At least in the US however there's an Internet Crime Complaint bureau to complain to! Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

You will want to make a bookmark of that one if you live in the States for sure! It was ironic and not a good time for online shopping when a month after I got burned on a starter kit from a bogey in HK I ran into a pc parts vendor who tried scamming further by trying to make a $2.600 purchase overseas with the prepaid debit card! Sorry sucker but that isn't a card you can charge to but simply only take what is on it which that one did anyways! This is also why I tend to screen vendors that can be screened first since that bogey's link came from Bizrate or one of the regular otherwise normal shopping sites which is how I got stung! Some complaints about GearBest being heard lately as well.

But for the most part I simply gave up on waiting 3 weeks for shipping to allow things to be out for 3 weeks or longer and watch as the sales come up when deciding to take a look at what's new! When running across anything totally new but seen as Out of Stock you know it is not quite available but simply being promoted as a new product well ahead of the actual stocking up of vendors! It's when going back to see what deals are seen for gear that's been out for some time I run into deals on some of the latest stuff that has been given the time to appear rather then trying to rush blindly at each new thing! Some vendors may show things as discontinued even for things that haven't been out that long only since they simply won't be restocking them again.

Reactions: Tol
Besides questionable vendors you can also run into questionable brands as well! And those are not even carried by the average vape shop or online vendor either since these are more or less selling gimics in contrast to any of the regular brands of cig alikes. Found that out good when trying one of those $5 trials! The $4.99 was the initial shipping cost only but they still get the full price on everything! If you accept the trial that automatically signs you up for a membership where they can bill you at any time for stuff you didn't even order.

The hidden portion of the so called agreement is you buy so much within a certain time frame with two 5 packs of prefilled replacement cartridges priced at $80 for 10! The batteries which were like 500-600mah cig alikes went for $30! Plus you have the initial costs of the starter kit stretched over the first couple of months

As for the new Horizon tank with the fill hole being along the top and not underneath a top cover the drip tip fits into reminds me a lot of the Kanger Aerotanks and Aerotank mini were those tanks would leak if not in the exact correct position as far as the adjuster there. And the same is now also seen with the Aspire Triton 2 the fill drop marking and especially the marking for the vaping position once the tank is filled is now a bit awkward to even see unless held at a certain angle! The drop marking will then be easy to spot while the other is a pair of faint lines more or less where you have to feel for the very lightly felt nudge when in the right position.

With the Atlantis, Freemax Scylla and Starre tanks as well as the Sense Heracles you take the base off with the Heracles having a different oddity there. You have to turn the entire base right up to the glass portion of the tank or you only remove the bottom cover exposing the coil. Unlike other tanks the coil doesn't thread into the base itself as well as into the main vertical air tube but threads upward into the base instead on that one. Hardwares can urk you too!

dleister1981

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
Michigan USA
Thanks for looking. While I have you, what is your confidence level of authentic items FASTTECH?. Some prices seem unreasonably cheap.
100%, but if the real deal is a piece of crap, its still a piece of crap. now if fasttech clones a piece of crap they sometimes fix issues. i order alot from fasttech and trust them 100%. customer service tries to do the right thing. i normally get what they ship 10 days from ship date, longest was 14 days, as long as you splurge on the "good" usps delivery. if you use the free shipping yeah, its been 45days, but you should expect that for being a cheap .... that doesnt spring for 88 cent shipping

VapeNW is a good place for tanks I found! Another to keep tabs on would EvapeUS. Just ordered a second Cool Fire Plus 70w mod as well as the Freemax Starre Pro having tried the first Starre model out. Made up a new cover for one of the social networks with a fast look at how the collection of mods appears presently while you are not able to see the 10w iStick mini or second 40w model with temp control when rounding them all up!

9s6mhv.jpg

As you can see it's mostly the Atlantis tanks V1 and V2 Mega with only a few higher wattage capable tanks being the Freemax and Sense models for handling 50w or more while having several 50w, one 60w MVP, Luxyoun 150w wooden box, the SMOK BEC Pro on the far right next to the first Cool Fire IV 40w and 70w models with the Clouper ZNA 50 where the first Atlantis tank has a problem with part of the 510 threading and I had to bring the contact pin all the way after it went on the first time! I put the original Atlantis model on afterwards! :( Out of the 6 tanks ordered on separate occasions only that one gets tight about 1/2 way in!

The main task again however at this time is the wait for more tanks to appear that do actually handle the 50-70w thrown at them while the 100w or 120w max will see about 70-80w in actual use depending on the ejuice you toss in! That's another element I run into at times especially for anything containing menthol! The non menthol flavors usually take the higher wattages.

If you look on the top row right next to the Vamo Fire with the outer wood body you will notice the Dovpo E-LVT 30w mod which was the first thing I thought at the time I could run a sub ohm tank on. Actually the Innokin iTaste VTR will run one as well but only at the 15w max! which is the last on the top row without any tank by the way.

The Dovpo was what I ordered from FT on 11/18 and didn't see that in until 12/26/14 28 days later! That went for $53 and was marked down quit a bit when it got discontinued which is not any surprise. $35.92 E-LVT 2.0 7-30W Variable Wattage APV Mod - brown / power bank / LED flashlight at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The flashlight on that as well as the ICIG V9 50 also seen next to the Luxyoun 150w in the center top was another with a useless flashlight option that didn't last more then a couple of days! :nah:

Last edited:
I just ordered some Freemax Starre Pro tanks to go along with the latest Scylla already having had the Freeman Starre for a year now. There's an on/off switch on the top of those you have to make sure is set to the off position once you fill or refill that tank and put the top cover and wide bore drip tip back on. Otherwise the tank simply drains out at the base. The vape with those however has been up there! http://www.ecigsupply.com/FreeMax-Starre-Pro-Sub-Ohm-Tank_p_1235.html

kg1

Sep 21, 2015
I just ordered some Freemax Starre Pro tanks to go along with the latest Scylla already having had the Freeman Starre for a year now. There's an on/off switch on the top of those you have to make sure is set to the off position once you fill or refill that tank and put the top cover and wide bore drip tip back on. Otherwise the tank simply drains out at the base. The vape with those however has been up there! FreeMax Starre Pro Sub-Ohm Tank
Thanks, the Dolphin looks more user friendly, but I have had good experiences with Horizon Arctics. I think many m0re of these ceramic coil tanks will be increasing soon. Appreciate the reply.

Thanks, the Dolphin looks more user friendly, but I have had good experiences with Horizon Arctics. I think many m0re of these ceramic coil tanks will be increasing soon. Appreciate the reply.

Well that's good to know! I was looking over the Artic V8 and was contemplating trying the latest out. I may still be going for it but wanted to get a couple of the black not chrome or stainless color Starre Pros. I will say the ceramic coils work out quite well.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Ordered the Krixus when 350zmo pointed to them from VaporDNA. It's at my local Post Office for delivery today. Should be fun to play with as soon as I get me hands on it.

I guess I will have to start out in Wattage mode until I can get home tonight & update on of my DNA200's for Tungston.

Reactions: 350ZMO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread