How did your nic level change, from ego to apv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
If you started with an entry-level pen style (like an ego) and moved on to vv/mech mods and rda/rtas, what were your nic levels before and after the switch?

I just made my transition today. I was fairly happy at 12mg with the Halo Triton kit, but I bought some 6mg for the VS rDNA 40 and Magma clone I just acquired - but I fear it may still be too high. Getting dizzy and headachey after just a handful of pulls (at only 7-10 watts!). I'll set my next juice order at 3mg, for sure. Just curious about what the rest of you switched to nic-wise when you got your first apv, and how it worked out for you.

Reactions: Chuck64

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
When I was using an Ego battery and Vivi Nova's I used 12mg of nicotine. When I switched to RDA's I dropped to 6mg. I'm sure I could easily drop to 4 or 3, but I guess I'm a bit of an odd ball that enjoys nic. Everyone is different, but it's not my goal to get to zero. I'm happy at 6 and plan to stay. I think most people do go to 3. All personal preference. Anything is better than a cigarette!

Reactions: DaveP

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Same as you.

With low end equipment I was at 18 then 12.

Once I started getting decent stuff 12 was making me sick. I'm at 6 now with an option for 3.

I should point out I like nic and what it does for me. I suppose I should quit someday but for now I'm gonna stay on it. So I think good vaping equipment makes zero nic a very real reality I have no current plans to go there. I do use 0nic sometimes when I think I'm over doing it. The nic level in my body is prolly close to the same over the last 40 years. If its proven that VG is bad for you I'm prolly in trouble. I've already found that PG is bad for me. Life isn't without risk.

Once in a while I have to fix other peoples stuff and test it with there 12mg juice. BARF!!! I can't believe I actually used to use that garbage. But then again I used to smoke to so you get used to anything I guess.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
When I started out I had what amounted to the basic starter kit, which I guess is what everyone starts out with, which I guess is why they call it a starter kit. I was vaping 18 mg juice. Three weeks in I went to a mech and genny, and oh gee I just could not handle 18 mg. I cut it back to 12 mg, and that seems to be my sweet spot.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
When I stated vaping I was using 18-20mg/ml juice in a 2ml Protank clearo and filling it 2-3x a day, we will call that 36 to 60 MG of nic per day. Now I vape 9-12 mg/ml juice in a Kayfun nano tank refilling 3-4x a day, or 27-48 mg per day.

So yeah consumption of nic is down around 25% in a year. Now the OTHER Smoking related chemicals have been reduced by 100%

FWIW.... I DO NOT believe my dependency has been reduce in one bit. If anything that has increased. I chain Vape much more than I every chain smoked. It's just that as I have increased the power and surface areas of the coils I vape off, My tolerance and has gone down.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
As I have gone up in "quality" of delivery system, I did not change my nic. Not sure why, just the way it is. But, I really don't chain-vape either.

On the porch or at the TV I may take 1-2 draws every 15 minutes. Often, just by sitting it down, I forget it. But I do like the flavor.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
Started on 24 then went into rdas and mechs, stayed at 24, lowered to 18 succeeds l decided to cut down and went to 12 but my ADHD kicked in so went back to 18 to level it out.. Been on 18 for more than a year and don't plan to go lower, I don't have cravings but I do need the nic for different reasons

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tagi

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
15 -20 ml a week is not a lot. I do 20 on ego's.

Hmmmm..............Not long ago I'd have thought 20 a week was high. Not any more though. Being of work with this injury and little else to do I hove realized I can easily go trough 15-20ml a day.
Fortunately I DIY so the cost is minimal.

Started out on Cig-a-like types(403s' and 510's) with refillable carts at 8mg. With my current setups I'm mostly vaping 3mg and do enjoy 1mg on occasion.
I may go ahead and make my next batch at 1mg and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread