how do i build sub ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
First thing to do is learn about ohms law. This is the formula used to determine your builds amp draw. You will need to ensure that your build isn't drawing more amps then your battery can handle. This is a big key to safety.
Here's an online calculator for ohms law
Ohms Law Calculator

This next link will tell you how to arrive at your desired resistance, how many wraps, etc..
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Did I mention being sure your battery can handle the amp draw of your build? Must must must pay attention to that. It might be a good idea to practice your builds on a regulated mod until you have a firm grasp on ohms law, and have some practice under your belt building coils that end up how you wanted them :p, since a regulated mod has some built on safety to protect you from errors.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
+1 ^^^^^

There are a number of batteries out there with their listed ratings which are NOT CONTINUOUS amp draw. My sub-ohmming is generally 0.5ohm or higher. I have yet to push any of my mods above 25W, so I'm not drawing much more than 7A on any given battery. If my battery says it's a 20A CDR, I treat it like a 10A battery, and then still only built to about 50-75% of that.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I wish to put a finer point on it but USMCotaku is absolutely right. The fact that you asked this very good question says you have not done your homework yet. You need a good working knowledge of Ohms laws, Battery safety and you need to tools to do it. Failure to do this could result in you having a bad day. IF you mess up and exceed the limits of the battery best case the battery gets ruined. Worst case you mess up an atty and/or mod and maybe some skin as in burns. So do the smart thing and don't go climbing fools mountain only to fall off a cliff. The web site above will calculate resistance etc the length of wire needed then you use your ohm meter to check your work before firing it up. Then you can become a cloud chaser instead of a fellow in the burn ward. Ok I have fulfilled my promise to a friend and warned you. Hope you enjoy. Oh the reason for sub ohming is to get 2 or more coils fired up so you can get more vapor. Not just to get below 1 ohm total resistance.

Reactions: Coldrake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread