Dismiss Notice
Happy Thanksgiving, Guest! If you're not too full after all that turkey, check out our latest ECF giveaway, courtesy of Smok :)

How do I take apart a disposable e-cig?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by cadcoke5, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cadcoke5

cadcoke5 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I don't smoke, and had never heart of e-cigarettes unil reciently. I recently purchased a disposable E-cig from the ecigarettes store, so that I could test out the idea of using an E-cig to make smoke effects for a puppet theater.

I have run the battery down in my two days of testing, and now I want to take it apart to check out the construction. However, I don't know how to take it apart. The atomizer seems to be press-fit into the metal body.

The on-off switch was a simple plastic cap that pulled off easily. It seems the battery is held inside by a plastic part that forms the on-off switch. I guess I can just get a set of pliers and try to pull the plastic that forms the switch off. But, I haven't a clue about dissecting the atomizer part.

I thought I would ask for recommendations here before I get aggressive with pulling things apart.

Joe Dunfee
  2. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Cad--the reccommendation is DO NOT DO IT. It is a disposable e-cig and is not meant to be taken apart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.