How do you clean a Tank?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by oso, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oso

oso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey everyone,
    I just recently purchased a couple of Tanks from TotallyWicked and was wondering if you could tell me how to clean them? Is there a thread about this? Video?

Thanks so much!
    Oso

2. jjd

jjd Registered Supplier

I bought a kit and a five pack of the clear tanks to try it out. You can really tell that your tank needs cleaning if it's a clear one better than the ones that are all black. I take off the cap on the side that slides into the atomizer with my fingernail, then remove the cap (with the small hole in it) with the end of a paperclip. Then I remove the inner cap with the small hole in it (paperclip again). Running under hot water or shaking it around in 91% isopropyl alcohol if you want it really clean always does the trick. By the time I got to this point, I'm thinking that you are referring mainly to the atomizer. Did you mean the atomizer?

3. oso

oso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yeah I'm thinking about trying to somehow clean the atomizer part. I think I remember seeing a film on you tube that showed somebody taking the insides out with a pair of tweezers. I'd rather not go to all that trouble if possible.

I bout two about a month ago. One died about a week ago, and the other just doesn't seem to vape as well. I've gone back to dripping the 510LR. Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to clean it?

4. JustMeAgain

JustMeAgain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

: tank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.