How long does the atomizer in a cartomizer last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
texas
i dunno about cheaper, but i have been using the same 6 cartos on and off for a few weeks just make sure they don't dry out, and clean them once in a while, i usually clean out 3 then use my other 3 while those are drying and rotate them every 7-10 days or so, no issues yet, i have burnt 1 out so far, but 7-9$ for 5 they last your moneys worth and are meant to be thrown away sooner or later

Last edited:

jthomas6

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Indiana
i dunno about cheaper, but i have been using the same 6 cartos on and off for a few weeks just make sure they don't dry out, and clean them once in a while, i usually clean out 3 then use my other 3 while those are drying and rotate them every 7-10 days or so, no issues yet, i have burnt 1 out so far, but 7-9$ for 5 they last your moneys worth and are meant to be thrown away sooner or later

What method do you use for cleaning the cartos?

mdocod

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Colorado
I just started about a week ago on the ecig thing and quickly took a preference to the cartos, mine are even low resistance and I've been using the same one almost all week since I started. Though I have been making a point to keeping it very wet most of the time usually to the point of gargling sounds coming from it for the first dozen hits or so after a refill. The regular tip can cause those "gargles" of hot eliquid to jump through the little hole and burn the lip, so I use a drip tip on the carto and that seems to work really nice. I haven't noticed a decline in performance on this carto or anything yet. Even if I only got a week on average per carto it's still very cost effective, but I suspect they could be good for months if properly cared for and cleaned. I seem to recall "dr vaper" on youtube saying that he has used and re-used and cleaned and re-cleaned cartos to where many of them truly have been used for months. I see a lot of people on youtube suggesting just dropping the carto in bioling water for a few minutes, then allowing to sit out and dry for a couple days before use. (Do not use this method on plastic cartos).

Eric

dreamer728

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
New England
For me the atty wasn't the failure point on the cartos - the thing would disintegrate before the atty started to die - developing holes in the side, the plastic casing holding everything together would come off, etc. A 5 pack lasted me about 3 weeks before they all pretty much fell apart. These are the XL eGo cartomizers, and the Ce2 ones as well.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I've been doing my daily vaping with the same CE2 carto since around Dec 29 or so. I keep it filled, I don't burn it dry, and the suction has been a little variable on it lately - sometimes it's really hard to draw on it. Usually that clears up when I refill it. I guess at some point I'll drop it in a tumbler of Everclear (grain alcohol) to soak and then run it through a cycle on the ultrasonic cleaner, but so far I haven't.

Annie Miller

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
TX USA
a caromizer can last me weeks before i decided the flavor is yuck no mater how I clean it, and never had one actually die (although I wish it would, hate throwing away something that still kinda works lol) but my mother-in-law can literally kill one in less than a week don't know why but she dose, hubby says its the liquid, but I use, or used the same liquid with no trouble.
she can also kill batteries and chargers faster than anyone Ive seen, yet she has only popped one atomizer in the 3 or 4 months since she started vaping and that was only cause he battery got stuck on and she did not realize it ...go figure

I will say this, she is much happier with cartomizers than carts, she hated fiddle farting with them all the time LOL

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Me too. Blew my first atty on about the fourth drag when I first started. Changed over to Carto's and never looked back. Been vapin one R5 XL Clearo for almost three weeks. Finally had to change to another, the first one started leaking. I've only had one atty-in-carto die on me ever. The kits I gave for Christmas presents all had atty's, cause the kits come with them. Soon as I can find an economical source for hypo's I'll load up a bunch of R5 XL's and give those I gave kits to an R5 XL Carto w/syringe, and show um what no messin vapin is like. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Maybe I am a light vaper compared to most. I have been vaping now for a shade over 1 month and have yet to kill an atomizer or carto. I mostly vape on cartos during the day. I either fill cartridges or drip with my atomizers while lounging in front of the computer or TV at night. My 510 batteries do not last a day. I go thru both batteries in a day. My eGo battery lasts me about 3-4 days before i need to charge it. I bring up batteries to give you an idea of how much I vape. I have only had to toss 1 carto due to the taste going bad (I was using RY4 in it). I clean my atomizers regularly (I use one for about 5 days at most before cleaning and switching to another). Whatever flavor carto I use lasts about 1 day before it needs a refill. I have been using cartos for about 3 weeks.

I have not had any melt or get holes in the plastic body of the cartomizer like I have read some experienced.

Last edited:

Christopherdav1d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Milford, CT
I had the same issues with the XL ego cartos to the point where I stopped using them. I would get this nasty burned plastic taste from the coil sometimes being to close to the sides. I had three where I filled them and got that taste from the beginning. I finally got tired of wasting sly that juice and stopped using them. I've actually found that the boge cartos work the best for me out of all of them. They last the longest and just hold up the best over all. Plus IMO have the best taste and least "filler" taste

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
KR-808-D1 Boge cartos seem to last; in general, around 3 and a half day, on average. Thats when super-heavily vaping 24/7 on them, and keeping them topped off constantly. Then they are 'crap'; need to be resurrected or disposed... The 510 LR cartos, on the other hand are good for 2 hours only! The 'ceramic' ones are good for ten minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread