How many years you are a vaper and how much do you vape per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Smoked 35 years - always over a pack - 1.5-2 packs for most of it
Vaping (smoke-free) for 4 years
17-20ml/day @ 3mg for about the last year and a half

1st was 24mg x 3ml for about a month
next was 18mg x 3-4ml for about 1.5 years
then 12mg x 5-6ml about a year

I dropped from 12mg to 3mg easily because clouds bro

Looks like I've been maintaining about 50-70mg of nic per day the whole time

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I smoked for 40 years, 1.5 PAD for about the last 10 or so. In July I will have been vaping 5 years. A 30ml bottle of juice lasts me roughly 8 days, so approximately 3.75ml per day - 10mg nicotine, 70%pg/30%vg. I have some 0nic/90%vg in a dripper to play with, but that might only be a few puffs a week.

ETA: MTL, 1.5Ω, 12w (for the most part)

Last edited:

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I smoked about 15-20 cigarettes a day, I smoked for about 30 years (started smoking when I was about 12 years old).

I've been vaping about 5 years and about 20 to 30ml a day.

I usually chain vape. I know for sure if I smoked how I vape, my lungs would be full of tar now.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow, a lots of answers... Thank you. Smoking for 40 years... According to Tobacco Control you are all dead or some kind of medical phenomenon. You know what they say - even 1 cigarette can kill you. :)
I truly believe that genetics play a very big role in how smoking affects any one person. Tobacco Control is exactly that----they want to control smokers and now even we that vape. They will say ANYTHING to keep the general public worried.

If one has ever smoked and when they die, smoking is almost always blamed for the death. Doesn't matter how old the person is, the death is smoking related. Some random person has a heart attack and is a smoker or has smoked at some time in their life----- their charts say yep, smoking caused it.

You have got to understand----these folks DO NOT have our best interest as their top priority. They get paid the big bucks to keep the general public scared. Scared folks are controllable folks. Listen to your own body. Do you feel better now that you are vaping? Are you seeing positive improvement?

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I truly believe that genetics play a very big role in how smoking affects any one person. Tobacco Control is exactly that----they want to control smokers and now even we that vape. They will say ANYTHING to keep the general public worried.

If one has ever smoked and when they die, smoking is almost always blamed for the death. Doesn't matter how old the person is, the death is smoking related. Some random person has a heart attack and is a smoker or has smoked at some time in their life----- their charts say yep, smoking caused it.

You have got to understand----these folks DO NOT have our best interest as their top priority. They get paid the big bucks to keep the general public scared. Scared folks are controllable folks. Listen to your own body. Do you feel better now that you are vaping? Are you seeing positive improvement?

Yeah, I know how Tobacco Control works... :) In our country they say that vaping is not the answer to high rates of smoking (we have the highest smoking rates in EU) and that vaping is as harmful as smoking, maybe not short term but definitely long term... Almost every smoker in our country will say to you that he doesn't want to switch to e-cigarettes because we don't know enough about it, especially long term. Because that's what Tobacco Control and Department of Health said. In our contry we vapers are Big Tobacco front line warriors according to our Tobacco Control...

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
This is just an in my head, add up the nic use experience, and it looks like folks end up ~30-60 mg/day of nic, whether through 2 ml of 24 mg mtl, or 7 ml of 6 mg DTL. I'm sure there are plenty of outliers (there already are in this fake statistical analysis) but I can see the makings of a bell curve that most vapers fall within.

Maybe after some more experience is posted a run through with an actual calculator might be worthwhile.
There's a thread around here somewhere if a survey done on this, folks posted their total daily nic intake, ml a day and nic level with similar results as you've observed, think the typical range is up to 72 ml, with some going higher.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am just curious.

I am a vaper for about 1 year and 7 months, before 14 years smoker, 1,5 pack/day. I vape cca 6ml a day, 50/50, unflavoured, 6 mg/ml nicotine.
2 ml a day maybe 2 1/2 ml weekends. 28 to 36 mg nic salts diy juices MTL 8 -11W. Previously vaped 3 to 4 ml 18-24mg regular nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread