How much vaping is too much vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I am vaping around 5 - 7 ml a day, unflavoured e-liquid, just NIC (4mg/ml), VG and DW (ratio around 80VG/20DW), just M2L method and above 1 Ohm coil, Kanthal wire, maximum 16 Watts.

Is this too much? How much is too much? 3ml/day? 5ml/day? 10ml/day? 30ml/day? What is your opinion.

I stopped smoking tobacco cigarettes 6 months ago with vaping, not even one cigarette smoked since then (before around 1,5 pack/day, West Silver). I reduced the nicotine from 24mg/ml to 4mg/ml but always vaped 5 - 7 ml (+-1ml) a day.
Vaping causes some lung irritation so less is better. I vape 7 ml per day. In a perfect world I'd vape half that.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I vape from the time i get up and throughout the day when i have time. These days i'm vaping about 14 hours a day. I used to smoke about the same as you rokyo87, 30 a day. I'm vaping about 5ml of 24mg juice every waking 24 hours. I calculated that i was using about 1.7 cubic mm of 24mg juice for each cigarette i would have smoked. But i miss calculated this because i wasn't vaping as much a day as i thought i was. After a few days of writing down what time and day i was refilling i worked out that i actually only vape 3ml each day. Which means that 1 cubic mm of 24mg juice equals 1 cigarette (for me it does anyway). I base this on how many cigarettes i used to smoke per day combined with how much vaping is needed to prevent me from smoking, including how many mg's of nicotine is also needed.

I use a low powered tube mod and a MTL tank, tight draws, 32awg, 5 wraps, 1.7ohm coil at 3.7v.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Do you have a source for this?
I experience it. However minimal. Age and health factors would influence things. The body is healing and rebuilding itself continuously. The younger you are the less damage from the past and stronger recuperation. What I experience might be less than living in a dry dusty place. I wouldnt recommend a singer or elite athelete take up vaping if they never smoked.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It seems to me that vaping unflavored is pretty much safe at nearly any level.
And you are, so I would say it doesn't matter how much you vape.

Once you add flavors into the mix, it becomes harder to say.

As for nicotine, if you don't feel sick, you're mostly good to go.
Unless you have preexisting conditions where you are not supposed to use caffeine.

If you are supposed to watch your caffeine intake...
That would likely apply to nicotine as well...

Reactions: beckdg

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It seems to me that vaping unflavored is pretty much safe at nearly any level.
And you are, so I would say it doesn't matter how much you vape.

Once you add flavors into the mix, it becomes harder to say.

As for nicotine, if you don't feel sick, you're mostly good to go.
Unless you have preexisting conditions where you are not supposed to use caffeine.

If you are supposed to watch your caffeine intake...
That would likely apply to nicotine as well...
I took the flavor issue to heart. With DIY I quickly discovered I need only a trivial amount of flavoring, as in 1.5% instead of 10%.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I am thinking I am vaping too much. Recently I switched from MTL to direct to lung vaping (just at 9W) and my juice consumption went from 5 ml to 10-12 ml. I am trying to address the situation (by not inhaling vapor at all during chain vaping). I am thinking 12 ml is too much, other people are thinking 30 ml is not enough. There are no hard data which can tell us what is too much (or even if there is such thing as too much), so the limit is set by our beliefs, not by science. As others already have said, the main thing is that any vaping style is much better than smoking anyway.

Vaping is much better than smoking, true.

The thing is, it's still only "harm reduction".

You are right about belief systems ruling because we don't have enough science yet.

My belief system is that putting 5ml of vapor thru your lungs daily is very different than putting 30ml thru.

Don't forget there is a vast number of "filtering systems" in the human body.......kidneys, liver, lungs, throats, not to mention the entire lymphatic system.....etc........all have to filter everything that we put in. JMHO. I prefer not to overload mine.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Vaping is much better than smoking, true.

The thing is, it's still only "harm reduction".

You are right about belief systems ruling because we don't have enough science yet.

My belief system is that putting 5ml of vapor thru your lungs daily is very different than putting 30ml thru.

Don't forget there is a vast number of "filtering systems" in the human body.......kidneys, liver, lungs, throats, etc........all have to filter everything that we put in. JMHO. I prefer not to overload mine.

I agree with you it's all about harm reduction, and no one can possibly give an absolute prediction on any long term health consequences. Still, it's hard to see those consequences ever being worse than cigarette use, regardless of the amount vaped. But you should choose to vape only what you want and in the amount of your own choice that you are satisfied offers you the best risk benefit ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread