Status
Not open for further replies.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Cigs range from .7mg to 1.5mg per cig. Would need a brand name to give you the exacts...but doesnt really matter, the absorption rate for vaping is slower then for smoking.
There really isnt a you smoked xyz..you need 2.5mls' of 18mg liquid.
It just doesnt convert that way.

eliquid is given in ml's...there are 24mg in each ml of eliquid....or 2.4% nicotine. (or 16mg per ml,...1.6% nic ect ect ect)

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
You really just have to try some and get the feel for it. You can tell if your taking in more or less than when you smoked.
At least I could. I was either craving more --- or had a .....in headache.

I smoked a pack of camel lights a day and I have settled on 18mg juice and do about 3ml per day.
So I think a pack of camel lights was about 21mg per pack and I am doing 54 mg vaping .... not worried about it though.

I think if you keep your vaping at or under what you smoked you will just keep craving cancer sticks and go back to them.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
0.9mg per cig... Just did the math two seconds ago being lazy and copy pasting...

"24mg eliquid that isnt Per puff..thats per ml. Time wise about 3drops of eliquid is equal to one cig.
There are roughly 30 drops per milliliter divide 24 by 30 Equals.......... .8mg per "cig time"

So 24mg would be about right for you. You can always lower or raise your nic levels. If you are getting a headache...lower it. To many cravings raise it.

thxhouse

Feb 8, 2011
new jersey
It really depends on how you smoke as well. If you just take short puffs or deep inhalations it makes a big difference. Camel lights should have 5mg /cig PER WEIGHT. how much is absorbed will depend on how you smoke. I you want the same nicotine levels, I would advise to get lower mg/ml, like 18 or 14. If you get cravings you can always smoke it more :d

I personally find 24mg to be fairly even (not too much not too little) but i smoked camel wides for the past year.

JamesGang

Jan 30, 2011
S.C.
Here's the link to the NZ Ruyan cartridge study report.

http://healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartridgeReport21-Oct-08.pdf

Conclusion. Based on the manufacturer’s information, the composition of the cartridge liquid is not hazardous to health, if used as intended.

I've read that the amount of nicotine absorbed by vaping is approximately 10% of what is absorbed by smoking. This is mainly due to the differences in the size of particulates in smoke vs. the nicotine in vapor droplets.

* Smoke particle size : 0.1 to 1 micron; PG mist droplet size : 1 to 5 micron.

This basically means the lungs have more capacity to absorb substances in smoke rather than vapor.

But could also be due to the amount of nicotine that is released in smoking vs. vaporizing.

This could explain why many vapors have a desire to vape more than they smoked. And another good reason to use a smoke juice with an adequate nicotine level if using as a substitute for smoking or in an effort to quit smoking.

In my case, and as a former pack a day smoker, the difference between 8-11mg e-liquid and 18-24mg is significant. The 8-11mg has me vaping all the time. The 18-24mg leaves me relatively satisfied and vaping about as much as I smoked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread