How to clean an Ego-C atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
If there's a large buildup of gunk on the coil, the wick may indeed be "welded" to it. I agree that soaking it first may help but eventually, you're likely to pull the wick out. I've seen videos of how to re-wick it, but I've never tried it myself. It's a bit of a gamble either way. Every time you take it apart you risk damaging it so you don't want to do it more than you have to. On the other hand, the longer you wait, the more likely the wick is going to get stuck to the coil. My solution: got a stardust and chucked the attys.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
I suppose i could soak it first, but that would be yet another step in the process :)
I realize people have diferent opinions and ways of doint things, and thats why there are many diferent ways of doing them, my criteria is that
whenever there aree diferent aproaches to doing something, allways pick the easiest, simplest one, as long as it gets the job done.

I guess what im looking for, is the absolute simplest way to clean this things. So far, the easiest way ibe seen is the way described in the manual, witch is basically take off the tank, dry burn the atti a few times till you see it "glow", and blow thru it.
So i guess i asked the wrong question. The right one would be:
¿Is there any reason, why i should not do it just like the manual sais?

Malduk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Croatia
I suppose i could soak it first, but that would be yet another step in the process :)
I realize people have diferent opinions and ways of doint things, and thats why there are many diferent ways of doing them, my criteria is that
whenever there aree diferent aproaches to doing something, allways pick the easiest, simplest one, as long as it gets the job done.

I guess what im looking for, is the absolute simplest way to clean this things. So far, the easiest way ibe seen is the way described in the manual, witch is basically take off the tank, dry burn the atti a few times till you see it "glow", and blow thru it.
So i guess i asked the wrong question. The right one would be:
¿Is there any reason, why i should not do it just like the manual sais?

My only advice would be - don't form an opinion before you actually try it ;)
I mean, dryburning is something you do while changing channels on the tv. Soaking is tossing an atty in a cup while getting a sandwich from the kitchen. Its not something hard, that you have to commit to. At the end of the day, commit as much time to the device as you want. You don't have to clean anything ever, at all. Just toss it away when it stops working.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Agree. When it stops working properly, drop it into a cup of water and use a fresh atty. Next day take it out and put it aside to dry. It's not really that much trouble.

There's no reason not to dry burn it while it's assembled other than it's easier to see what's going on. If it works, great. If you're not happy with the results, take it apart and try it.

lemonsurvey

Moved On
Mar 21, 2012
TX
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread