How To Fill Tanks- A Video Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Thank you all for the kind words I truly want everyone to be successful with all aspects of their vaping experience. As I have noted before if you can keep the Carto dry on the initial filling, once you fill the tank and push the carto back into place, top it off with 10 drops avoiding the air wick tube, cover the base and give it a light dry hit until you feel a slight resistance, then stop. With two holes at the base, it's will fill quickly and saturate all the polyfill without flooding the carto.

If you do get juice in the carto on the initial filling, you will have to determine how much got in and if you need to top it off anymore. Only experience will be able to help you with that.

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
snow, your videos are getting down right hollywood - you are really getting the graphics and music down to a science. These should be on V4L website if they arent already. Seriously, thanks for all the info... im anxiously stalking the postman waiting for my 3 ml tanks. The one thing ive noticed with my 6ml tank that came with the 5v omg is that i fill it every day - think im vaping more.
one question though, are the v4l tanks that i just ordered (aside from the size, 3 vs 6 ml) different than the one that came with the omg 5v by smoketech- I am thinking that they are, as the one i have is a 510 connection. If I am just confusing everyone or if this is one of my brain on vacation moments, nevermind.....

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I actually address that at the end of the video. The Tanks are absolutely identical...so you can use the V4L Dual Vertical Coils or the any standard 510 Dual Coil (Horizontal) Cartomizers with the tank.

The length and diameter of the cartomizers are identical, the only difference is the connectors to the batteries. The 510 sports a Male fitting and the 808 has a female fitting.

Check this post out and note my reply #5.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/259459-noob-review-new-3-5ml-tank.html

:2cool:

Last edited:

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
My 3.5 ml. tank came today! I've got it filled and am vaping away! I did get juice everywhere, but think I'll do better next time. Beach Bum is definitely stronger in a tank-almost too strong. Wish I would have ordered two tanks right off the bat. I'd like Peacemaker Peppermint in another tank! I am going to have to pace myself tonight or I'll be in nic. trouble!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
There is definitely a learning curve to filling tanks, but I am getting concerned as each person chimes in about spilling juice.

If you don't mind me asking Jingles, was this a case where the juice was coming out of the connector or did the bottom cap get dislodged?

If it was coming out of the connector the only thing I can think of is that juice is got into the Carto while filling. Then a few additional added drops got added which flooded the air tube. After a dry hit pulling juice into the Carto the flooding worsened.

Add to that possibly having your finger over the DT opening while placing it back into the Carto triggered a siphon effect. Hence spilling juice everywhere.

So...if you happen to get juice in the top of the Carto during the initial fill of the tank...Do Not Put In Anymore! Place the tank in the upright position and just let it sit for a minute or two. With the battery connected, take a very light 1/2 second draw and stop..wait 5 seconds...this should be enough to prime the lower portion of the cartomizer.

Only add 10 drops if the polyfill material is dry after filling the tank, then cover the base and give it a very light dry hit for a 1/4 of a second, you should feel a little resistance which is the sign to stop.

When you put the DT on it's a good practice not to cover the opening.

Ok, Genuinefraud....after all this I expect you to have spill-free first filling....hehehehe

What I meant to ask was if the carto inside the tank on the one I got with the omg is the horizontal coil and not the new verticals that v4l just came out with

Yes it is Mmc 510 = Horizontal...............808 = Vertical

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread