Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I will try it on all my PV's. Provari V1, robust and 14500 VV thing I have.

if you were asking about the provari v1 running a sub 1 ohm coil, i dont think it will, because of the 2.5 amp limit on the v-1, i believe you would need a resistance of about 1.2 ohms. now on the v-2 which has a 3.5 amp limit you can run a resistance down to 0.8 ohms.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
if you were asking about the provari v1 running a sub 1 ohm coil, i dont think it will, because of the 2.5 amp limit on the v-1, i believe you would need a resistance of about 1.2 ohms. now on the v-2 which has a 3.5 amp limit you can run a resistance down to 0.8 ohms.
sorry, you wanted the 2.1 ohm coil on the provari, no problems. it was another post about the 1 ohm coil, not yours.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
If i use a provari i can use it to get any ohm coil i want down to less than .1ohm . I just connect both ends of the unwound wire to my rba and slide it in and out of one of the terminals untill i get my ohmage. Than coil it on the ss wick cut wire just after where the screws were tightend connect the ends and i have my ohmage.

on a provari I have gotten it to .8ohms, but you can't go above 3volts (3.1 max)

my experience at least

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
WAY too much thinking goin on here....

why is everyone over complicating this...

Start off with 4/5 wraps...
TOO HOT - add a coil
TOO COOL - take out a coil
GOOD - dont touch it and continue vaping.

due to the fact that different tanks take different thickness of wicks, and no two wicks will be exact dia.
getting that coil to ohm out exactly to whatever ohms you want is more trouble than it needs to be.

just wrap it, have a vape and take away or add coils as your taste buds dictate.
cuz that is all you can actually do....

If you have a VV / VW than you have more room to play, but with VV/VW you can wrap a 3ohm and still have some fun.

i was stuck in a 1.8-2.0 ohm CE2 phase for a long time.... once i got into rebuildables, i tried really hard to stay in that range without satisfaction.
Only when i stopped caring about ohms, did i find my own sweet spot at 1.2 Ohms

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
wire and mesh is also subjective, we can only suggest what works for us.

i use 400 & 500 mesh depending on the atty it is going into.

I personally like 30ga. as it is thick enough to last a long time without popping like the 32ga.

i have 28ga. i like the hit it gives, but it takes way too long to heat up...

this is just my personal observation. YMMV

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I'm using 100% PG. Does that matter?
wire and mesh is also subjective, we can only suggest what works for us.

i use 400 & 500 mesh depending on the atty it is going into.

I personally like 30ga. as it is thick enough to last a long time without popping like the 32ga.

i have 28ga. i like the hit it gives, but it takes way too long to heat up...

this is just my personal observation. YMMV

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I'm using 100% PG. Does that matter?

not from my experience, I've only experienced wicking issues with high VG in my setups. And that is the general thought around ECF.
I see no problems if you are using PG e-liquid.

for reference i tend to stick to a 50PG-50VG mix.
I've experience slow wicking from overly tightened wicks.... High school has tough me many things, lol
but i may be doing something else that i havent been able to notice.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
A properly rolled 400 mesh wick will wick 100% PG or 100% VG as fast as you can vape. I am vaping 80/20% VG/PG in a solid rolled 500 mesh wick and it more than keeps up with my vaping demands

I used 30g 5/6 wrap @ 1.6 - 1.7Ω for a while and liked it. I just re-coiled a 32g 4/5 wrap @ 1.9Ω and like it. Both examples were in an AGA-T on a ZMax2 tested between 7 - 12watts.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i was stuck in a 1.8-2.0 ohm CE2 phase for a long time.... once i got into rebuildables, i tried really hard to stay in that range without satisfaction.
Only when i stopped caring about ohms, did i find my own sweet spot

I agree 100% when i started i tried to equate the vaping to what i had experience with already and it just really doesnt matter, the fun is playing and finding and tweaking.

for mesh i usually hit steam monkey or OKCvapes
for wire I go to RTDVAPOR if they are out then here:

Kanthal Wire - for lower prices order online through Pricedumper.com

temco usually has free shipping too.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
2013-02-08_11-14-28_736.jpg I just got 2 of these today. Should I take them apart and clean them? They look a little greezy??? Should I check the resistance first? I can't wait to vape these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread