How to re-build on the NEW Kangertech Vertical Coil head !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I could not find anyone that was showing how to get the new Kt. vertical coil apart. So I asked at the local vape shop and he said its mounted through the bottom some how.
The first one I destroyed and never got apart but a week later I figured it out.
IMG_0135.JPG
At this point I removed the positive post and rubber insulator. Than gutted the old coil and wicking.
With the round silicon seal removed from around the bottom of the coil I screwed the coil on the cheap coil building tool.
IMG_0139.JPG
With electrical tape over the plier teeth, I turned ever so slight and pulled at the same time.
IMG_0140.JPG
And this is what it looks like when separated.
I love the hobby of re-building and wicking but I don't really care for this new design.
I built a vertical coil in this one as I do with the old coil heads but this new design takes up a lot of space and my usual 4.8mm coil wrap & wick is a bit tight after fitting it in. The older heads have more room for a large diameter coil and wick.
IMG_0142.JPG
This is the masonry bit that I found works great for the coil in the old heads. Although I fitted this size coil and wick into the new coil head, the operation didn't go smoothly, and maybe a bit tighter than I would like.

Hope this helps with any ones curiosity about the new Kt. vertical coils.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I could not find anyone that was showing how to get the new Kt. vertical coil apart. So I asked at the local vape shop and he said its mounted through the bottom some how.
The first one I destroyed and never got apart but a week later I figured it out.
View attachment 476653 At this point I removed the positive post and rubber insulator. Than gutted the old coil and wicking.
With the round silicon seal removed from around the bottom of the coil I screwed the coil on the cheap coil building tool.
View attachment 476657 With electrical tape over the plier teeth, I turned ever so slight and pulled at the same time.
View attachment 476658 And this is what it looks like when separated.
I love the hobby of re-building and wicking but I don't really care for this new design.
I built a vertical coil in this one as I do with the old coil heads but this new design takes up a lot of space and my usual 4.8mm coil wrap & wick is a bit tight after fitting it in. The older heads have more room for a large diameter coil and wick.
View attachment 476659 This is the masonry bit that I found works great for the coil in the old heads. Although I fitted this size coil and wick into the new coil head, the operation didn't go smoothly, and maybe a bit tighter than I would like.

Hope this helps with any ones curiosity about the new Kt. vertical coils.
Thanks for sharing! I have managed to ruin one of these so far trying to take apart but will be using your method very soon. Could you possibly post some pics of your rebuild on it? Fairly green on vertical coil builds as I've only done like four on an rda. Interested to see/learn the build method on this.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Thanks for sharing! I have managed to ruin one of these so far trying to take apart but will be using your method very soon. Could you possibly post some pics of your rebuild on it? Fairly green on vertical coil builds as I've only done like four on an rda. Interested to see/learn the build method on this.

Hope this link gets you to another post I set up with pics on a vertical build in an Kangertech RBA.
Vertical coil / wick build on Kangertech RBA (Great for 20/80 juice) | E-Cigarette Forum

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Ohh, LilWhoiteClouder , these coil heads are a be atch to build a large diameter coil and wick it properly.
Check out this other post I just put out here. Hope this helps you.
Kangertech OCC ( Vertical coil build and wick ) | E-Cigarette Forum

Nuggit

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2014
Third rock from the sun
Thanks man, been debating on a subohm tank, just got the kanger with the occ's. I hate just buying new coils. Rather stock up and build em. Of course!
I had seen some posts with the horizontal ones where the top comes off, didn't realize the verts weren't built the same way. Lol glad you figured it out.
So, are the old, horizontal ones good for vert coils too. I'm trying to figure out which ones to stock up on.
Thanks man

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Thanks man, been debating on a subohm tank, just got the kanger with the occ's. I hate just buying new coils. Rather stock up and build em. Of course!
I had seen some posts with the horizontal ones where the top comes off, didn't realize the verts weren't built the same way. Lol glad you figured it out.
So, are the old, horizontal ones good for vert coils too. I'm trying to figure out which ones to stock up on.
Thanks man

High Nuggit,
You might like this post I put up.

This will show you about building vertical in the old OCC heads.. Their better than the new heads, more room.
Hope this helps you out

Nuggit

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2014
Third rock from the sun
Thanks man! TE="Gahh, post: 16272720, member: 138052"]High Nuggit,
You might like this post I put up.

This will show you about building vertical in the old OCC heads.. Their better than the new heads, more room.
Hope this helps you out[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Helped greatly. Sorry it took so long to thank you. I'm using the coil gizmo, so I don't have anything to screw the new coil version into to get them apart yet. But I'm digging the horizontal heads for putting verts in. I've ripped out like 4 of em without using them to rebuild! Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread