Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
I can actually get powder caoting in several textures including wrinkle and ornage peel. Which beckons the question - If you shoot some orange peel and it comes out smooth... are you ......?
That sounds like me. If I wanted an orange peel look, I would try to get the smoothest finish I could and orange peel i would get..

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Just a few pics from tonight

100_1986.jpg

100_1988.jpg

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Feel free to criticize the switch all you want. It's one of three parts in the entire unit that are not fabricated by me. The other two pieces being the battery spring and the atty connector.

Keeping fingers crossed that new switch works like I invision it.

If not, I am just going to take the whole pile of them that have consumed my garage and throw them all in the trash......... ya right - LOL!

Soooo, When you gonna switch your "Super Member" Title to "Manufacturer" :p. They look outstanding brother!! I would make fun of the switches too, however, the fact that I CAN'T do what you do keeps my sarcastic nature at bay :rolleyes:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Having been a machine tool setter for most of my life..I would love to have a decent lathe and milling machine to potter about with in my garage.....trouble is I haven't got a garage! .....lol.

It's a shame really, all those years of Engineering experience and nobody needs it any more in this country. Just useless skills now.

Last edited:

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
Having been a machine tool setter for most of my life..I would love to have a decent lathe and milling machine to potter about with in my garage.....trouble is I haven't got a garage! .....lol.

It's a shame really, all those years of Engineering experience and nobody needs it any more in this country. Just useless skills now.

Never "useless skills". Just because someone won't pay you for them right now doesn't mean you won't need them down the road. If nothing else to make rediculous mods when you get a garage some day.

If it will lift your spirits, pack a sleeping bad and fly across the pond. I will let you camp out in the garage with mine for a night or two. You can spin her handles and marvel at the minimal backlash... play with her infinite gearing, engage her auto feed, then turn down the lights and break out some oil for a nice rub down and...! HOLD ON! What do you think you are doing with my... Listen hear Captain Smooth with your fancy accent! Get your hands off my lathe! You... you.... GARAGE-WRECKER!

Bad idea on my part, I take back my offer!

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Never "useless skills". Just because someone won't pay you for them right now doesn't mean you won't need them down the road. If nothing else to make rediculous mods when you get a garage some day.

If it will lift your spirits, pack a sleeping bad and fly across the pond. I will let you camp out in the garage with mine for a night or two. You can spin her handles and marvel at the minimal backlash... play with her infinite gearing, engage her auto feed, then turn down the lights and break out some oil for a nice rub down and...! HOLD ON! What do you think you are doing with my... Listen hear Captain Smooth with your fancy accent! Get your hands off my lathe! You... you.... GARAGE-WRECKER!

Bad idea on my part, I take back my offer!

Lmao........too late ..I am on my way........get her warmed up for me!!! :):)

TroyO

Aug 24, 2009
Denver, CO USA
Very cool stuff on these mods!

I am so gonna have to get in on this modding thing, LOL.

Lathe wise, I have one of these...

Edit... errr well, no linkies yet but it's the model # 44859 on the www (dot) harborfreight (dot) com website, LOL. (8x12 precision bench lathe)

The 8x12 is another category from the mini-lathe some others posted. It's still small-ish but about 3x the weight and rigidity of the "Mini-Lathe". It's $549 retail, but you can get 20% off coupons a lot of the time which cuts it to $460. (if you want a link to a coupon, PM me... I'll probably have one.) It will do "Real work" albeit on a smaller scale.

Ohhh, and hello world! It's my first post on the forum, had my 510's for about 4 days, LOL.

TroyO

Aug 24, 2009
Denver, CO USA
This no link thing is somewhat limiting... LOL

www (dot) thecustomsabershop (dot) com has a bunch of bits and pieces parts that modders may find handy, including some pretty cool switches and other stuff that's used on custom lightsabers. (Yes, I am a certified dork.)

(Sorry about the double posting, I would have included it in the last post if I had thought of it before hitting submit.)

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Very cool stuff on these mods!

I am so gonna have to get in on this modding thing, LOL.

Lathe wise, I have one of these...

Edit... errr well, no linkies yet but it's the model # 44859 on the www (dot) harborfreight (dot) com website, LOL. (8x12 precision bench lathe)

The 8x12 is another category from the mini-lathe some others posted. It's still small-ish but about 3x the weight and rigidity of the "Mini-Lathe". It's $549 retail, but you can get 20% off coupons a lot of the time which cuts it to $460. (if you want a link to a coupon, PM me... I'll probably have one.) It will do "Real work" albeit on a smaller scale.

Ohhh, and hello world! It's my first post on the forum, had my 510's for about 4 days, LOL.

This no link thing is somewhat limiting... LOL

www (dot) thecustomsabershop (dot) com has a bunch of bits and pieces parts that modders may find handy, including some pretty cool switches and other stuff that's used on custom lightsabers. (Yes, I am a certified dork.)

(Sorry about the double posting, I would have included it in the last post if I had thought of it before hitting submit.)

Here:

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/34993-i-found-website-amazing-stuff-but.html

____

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread