HUGE new raffle! TONS of prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
Everyone should buy at least one ticket.

It's not in my personal, immediate best interest to say that because it lowers my odds of winning, but in my long term interest, I believe it is a worthwhile cause. If the results are as good as we expect, it will be the first real weapon we have against those who want vaping banned. It won't be a panacea, but it could create a domino effect of real, unbiased studies and dialogue.

It might help wake up people with common sense to the potential "good" of vaping.

If the results aren't good, we need to know that too.

Even if you're not one who "supports causes" as a general rule, these are fantastic prizes. For less than the cost of a pack of analogs you have a chance at winning some great stuff. Think of it as buying a scratch off lottery ticket, except your odds are better to win something very cool. Five for $20 is a no brainer to me.

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
NVC will be auctioning off a mod at the raffle on Dec 9th. It is not the market yet… and you would be the first to have it if you win. Only one catch… you don’t get to know what it is until you win it!!! Please be prepared to bid on the item if you want it. Private bids can be accepted by email if you cannot attend the raffle. You must pay for the auction item the night of the raffle. Hope to see you there!

The link to the live raffle drawing and the auction will be up at LovetoVape.com tomorrow evening.

If you want to bid on this item by email... you can send an email to admin@vapersclub.com and include what forum you are on and your username and real name and how much you are willing to bid up to and we will have someone bidding for you up to your max amount.

Raffle tickets still available.You can buy tix here...

http://donate.vapersclub.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=56

Tickets are $5 each or 5 tickets for $20

Raffle will be held Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 8:00pm.

Thanks for supporting National Vapers Club and IVAQS research. Any money raised from the auction of this item will go to IVAQS research.

Last edited by a moderator:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I tried to post about his raffle in other threads and one of the moderator's killed them all. IVAQS is such a good cause, you'd think ECF would want as many people to be aware of it as possible, but it looks like that's not the case.

I can't think of anything more important at this point than establishing whether there is any reason that the vapor is any danger to others. It takes a lot of contributions to get to that $70k needed for the study and it would provide a great tool for fighting these indoor vaping bans that the anti groups will undoubtedly push now that they're not getting them E Cig banned from being sold.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
In my mind, IVAQS is Related to EVERY thread! I originally posted it in the News section and linked back to it from Health, General Discussion, Law I believe, and a I think the Newbie area. I don't know exactly because it was 1-1:30 in the morning.

If I had time, I would have put a link to it in every thread. It's really great that we won the appeal of the embargo on imports on Tuesday, but that is far from the finish line. From what I've seen, this will only inspire the anti's to step up their efforts to keep people from using these indoors with the assumption that they are dangerous to others (or to ourselves for that matter).

A study such as this funded by CONSUMERS since it's hard to get anyone to accept studies done by the industry itself since they are always questioned unless funded by BP. I didn't just post about the raffle either. I also brought up the direct contribution button at the http://www.ivaqs.com\ site itself as well as the link to the raffle.

I personally only visit a few threads of the many, many threads out there on ECF. I know there are many people out there that don't even know about this important study that only go to a couple of those threads. I've wondered why the money has come in so slow. My guess is that many don't even know about the effort and more may have, but need reminding as time goes on.

ANYWAY, Yes I'm with you on tickets. I really don't need any new equipment but the reason for the contribution is GREAT and if I get lucky and win something it's just an added benefit. I have an expanded thought about that theory I'll write about later, but I have to go.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I decided to get five more tickets as if I really need more equipment, but the cause is so good.

I want to see the results of the study and it will be a weapon against those trying to create bans.

I did notice there was an error in the drop down box. It's supposed to say "5 tickets for $20", but actually says "5 tickets for $15". No biggy, just thought I'd mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread