Not open for further replies.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hello fellow Vapers!

As many of you already know, there is a documentary in the works titled WE ARE VAPERS. The movie is being made by a bunch of really great people who are donating their time and talent to bring attention to the vaping movement, but in order to get the movie into production, they need to raise $20,000 THIS SATURDAY MARCH 31st at 11:59pm. They are almost to their goal, but as of tonight, they are still short by $4,370.

A group of our proactive friends to the north came up with a truly wonderful raffle idea to get the rest of the money raised -
I know most of us on this forum have spent quite a bit of money on vaping because it is not only fun and tasty(!), but it is also saving our lives.

This is an opportunity for all of us to contribute to raising awareness of vaping as a viable alternative to stinkies, AND have the chance to win the mod of your choice

A big thank you to the mods for allowing me to post this - please see the below, and contact me (CheekyMonkey) or Gary (Motivaper) via PM for the email address to send the money to via paypal, and follow up with an email so that your name can be added to the hat :)

An ONLINE RAFFLE for
ANY MOD YOU WANT What’s on YOUR wish list...
Provari? Provari Mini? Darwin? GG?
Epipe? Custom made wood mod
?

You win - you tell me what you want -
it’ll be delivered to your front door!

Here’s how it’ll work…
Tickets $10 each, or 3 for $25
Just send an PM to MOTIVAPER or CHEEKYMONKEY for the email address to send your name and # of tickets, and send the appropriate amount via paypal to the same email.
(the email address is not being posted here to save Gary from spambot overload)
Gary will put your names into a box when payment and email are sent, and just like we do at Vapemeets, we’ll do a
Drawing on Saturday, March 31st at 10pm!

Fellow Vapers, I know many of us have donated already, but let’s each find another $10 for a cause of SUCH timely importance to us!

Gary (aka Motivaper)​

If the goal of $20,000 is not met by Saturday at 11:59pm, all monies raised will be donated to CASAA - also a great organization, but lets get this movie made and show the world what vaping is really all about!

I will be checking PM's throughout the next 3 days, and will respond with Gary's email address ASAP so that you can get your name in and WIN THAT MOD while supporting a great cause! :vapor:
Happy Vaping,
Cheeky

****THIS RAFFLE IS OPEN TO ALL VAPERS OF LEGAL VAPING AGE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD***********

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
USA
Well, the movie sounds good, and I'm all for donating/buying a raffle ticket, but.........

Am I reading this right in that it takes $20K to get the movie produced, and there is approx $4K left until the $20K is reached. If the $4K isn't raised by the 31st the filmmakers just say "Frack it" and give all the cash to CASAA and scrap the movie idea?

Why the 31st?
What would force the project to have such a dire go/no-go moment if $4K is not raised in 3 days?

I am not able to make much sense of this at all.

Last edited:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hi Bullwinkle -
From what I can tell, the 20K is a minimum amount they need for expenses that cannot be avoided like film, lodging, plane tickets, etc. - it's a volunteer only project, and I believe the 20K is the minimum this film can be made for without sacrificing quality & content. From what I can tell, it looks like if they don't hit the 20K mark, they simply won't have enough funds to get the movie made, and would therefore donate the money to CASAA.

My guess is that if they hit $19,950 they won't just throw up their hands & say "well frack it all! We can't do it!", but I haven't had the opportunity to talk to anyone directly involved with production, so your guess is as good as mine.

You might be able to get more information or ask the question directly by going to:
We Are Vapers -- Indiegogo or
We Are Vapers | An Exploration into the World of Harm Reduction | We Are Vapers

Regarding the deadline, it may have something to do with filming at VapeBash in Illinois this weekend, but again, that's just a guess.

Sorry I can't give you any definitive answers Bullwinkle.

Off topic, thank you for using the word "frack" - I haven't heard it used outside of my house before :)

***EDITED TO ADD: All proceeds from the film will go to CASAA - so any money left after the movie is made as well as any money made from the film (if picked up by HBO, wins an award, becomes the biggest hit of the century, etc ;) ), every penny goes to CASAA - this is a non profit venture :)

Last edited:

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Well, the movie sounds good, and I'm all for donating/buying a raffle ticket, but.........Am I reading this right in that it takes $20K to get the movie produced, and there is approx $4K left until the $20K is reached. If the $4K isn't raised by the 31st the filmmakers just say "Frack it" and give all the cash to CASAA and scrap the movie idea?Why the 31st? What would force the project to have such a dire go/no-go moment if $4K is not raised in 3 days?I am not able to make much sense of this at all.

Hi Billwinkle,
No the movie won't be scrapped if the $20K isn't there. Linc has contingency plans for various levels of donations. He feels he needs $20K and lots of volunteer help to fulfill his complete vision for the film, but the film will still be made with less money. It's just that corners will be cut. I for one don't want corners cut telling our story. The anti-nicotine people certainly aren't cutting corners. As for the cut off date, I believe that's how indigogo works. I'm sure you could still donate money after Saturday, but with the planning that needs to go into coordinating an all volunteer army working all over the country, I think it's best that Linc has a clear idea where he stands with financing up front.

I have to say I was a little disappointed to see earlier today when I went to check the funding that only 87 people had donated the entire amount unless I'm reading something wrong. C'mon guys, we can do a little better than that can't we?

And thank you so much Cheeky and others for making this raffle happen. I wish I had gotten in before I donated my last available $15 yesterday, but it is all good. It's not really about personal gain for me at this point. I just want to see Linc get the cash he needs. I would also ask that everyone keep up to date going forward on the filming schedule. They will need several volunteers in every location they will be filming. I plan on driving about 3 hours in a couple months to help with sound at a location south of me in PA. Three thumbs up for Cheeky and company.

Edit: I thought I should add that the information I have about Linc proceeding with production with contingency plans, came from his appearance on Vaporcast #77 Badash, that i just listened to the other day.

Last edited:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hificat -
I'm happy to read that the film will be made regardless of hitting the 20k mark, thank you for clarifying!

Let's make sure that corners aren't cut in filming, and get them the full 20K needed to make this film live up to it's full potential - as hificat said, the anti-nicotine folks aren't skimping on their propaganda - let's get the truth about vaping as a less harmful alternative out to as many people as possible!

Happy vaping,
Cheeky

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've already donated twice, and I don't even need a new mod, but count me in for three tickets!

In the past the vaping community has rallied around many things, and this is one of the more important things we can do.
It can go a long way in helping to let the general public know what this is really all about.

And if we're lucky, it can also help put a little pressure on those that want our life-saving devices eliminated.

Two thumbs up for this effort!!!
:thumbs:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I'm calling it an early night tonight - all PMs sent tonight will be replied to in the morning :)

Let's keep this one at the top! We Are Vapers is the vaping community's (our community), chance to help show the world what vaping really is, who we are, why we vape, and how vaping has improved our health and our lives.

One ticket is less than what some of us used to spend PER DAY on stinkies - and you could win the mod you've been drooling over for ages :)

Happy vaping & lets keep bumping for a great cause! :smokie:
Cheeky

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Me & my hubby ManuDawg have each donated already and I was getting ready to donate more when I heard about this last night. What a great idea! I'll be sending an e-mail and buying 3 tix for me and 3 for my hubby. Thanks to CheekyMonkey and Motivaper for getting this posted on ECF and responding to all the PM's! I think I already have the e-mail but I'll pm you if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread