Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Got my Hugo 133 in yesterday, and have really been impressed with it. I love the form factor – chunky and stable on the desktop, but very comfortable to hold. There are plastic inserts on the back and sides that are textured to give it excellent grip.

The feature set is pretty complete, with TC for Ni, Ti and SS plus TCR. Wattage can be adjusted in TC mode. In wattage mode there’s a pre-heat function where you can set a wattage boost (up to 30 watts) and duration. That’s not new, but the way it’s implemented on the Hugo makes it very easy to use. You set the amount/duration of boost, rather than a specific wattage. For example, if the boost is +20 for 2 sec and you have your on screen wattage set for 40W, it will fire at 60W then drop to 40. Change the on-screen wattage to 30, and it will fire at 50, then go back to 30.

I find that a lot easier to deal with than setting up a specific profile for wattage. It’s great for high mass coils to get them up to temp fast but then drop down to a more pleasant level.

Functionality in TC mode with Ni has been excellent. Going to be trying it with Ti and SS over the next few days.

Fit and finish is very good: zero rattles, solid fit to the battery door (dual 18650s), and a solid click on all the buttons. The buttons are plastic but have a nice feel to them (slight texture). Can put a 25mm atty on with no overhang. 510 threading is well done. The screen is very bright and clear.

Misses so far are pretty minor. The adjustment buttons are not labeled, so I’ve hit the wrong one on occasion. The 510 is a little shallow, so attys with longer pins will show a wee gap. And, not only did they blatantly copy the Evolv screen layout, they even put “Heartbeat by Hugo” on the box.

Got it from 3Fvape for about $45. Have not seen it yet on US sites.

A few (rather poor) pics:

H1.jpg
H2.jpg
H3.jpg
H4.jpg
H5.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Well, if anyone is thinking about getting this -- don't, unless it's from a vendor that accepts returns. Mine died after a few days of use. It started off by having the screen turn on and off all by itself. That evolved into a totally dead mod. No drops or mis-use; it just died.

Having something break is not the kiss of death for a brand since even the best of mods can break. But getting the problem addressed has been frustrating.

I contacted Hugo Vapor via an email to their warranty department. No response. Contacted 3Fvape and did get a response, but zero help. They make promises to help, but after 2 weeks, none has been actually offered.

So, I message Hugo Vapor on their FB page. I did get a response asking for a video showing the problem (already made since 3fvape also wanted it) and a picture of the serial number. In the video I take out 2 batteries from a working mod (show on video it's working) and put them into the Hugo 133 (showing that they are in correctly). Totally dead Hugo 133.

Hugo's response to me: try other batteries.

I did a chargeback for the purchase price. Got my money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread