Hyped juices, don't stand up IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasticker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Philadelphia
So before I start let me say that I've been vaping for 4 years and have tried countless brands and flavors. So recently all the hype about nicoticket got me curious. So I ordered 4 flavors, gravity, Betelgeuse, creme brûlée, and wokanda. Instantly regret buying 30ml sizes... I should have know from the start that the fruit flavors weren't going to go well being 65pg, but I figured why not, best rated juice on this forum....

So the flavor profiles of the fruit flavors are decent, but all smell like cough syrup, they taste ok but have a sweet tart/ cheap sugar taste and are very harsh on the throat. Even in 6 mg.

The cremey desert flavors are ok, the wokanda is the only coffee flavor I could vape more then a few hits on but nothing to rave about or to call number one by any means.

Five pawns... Over rated and expensive. Enough said there.

Itc vapes- eh, cheap, you get what you pay for. Generic flavors.

Cuttwood- all of the flavors have a weird base or something that I can't get past.

Alice in vapeland- great customer service, great flavor profiles. Harsh. Harsh. Harsh. Tried many times to enjoy them but get tired of the harshness after a tank or two (even with custom ordered 70vg/30pg)

And I'm not saying any of these are bad but not the hype I was expecting. So for now I've landed on the vapor chef, and have enjoyed every single flavor to date! Smooth, average prices, fast shipping (I happen to live a few miles away) but still. Not affiliated with them in any way but if you havnt tried them yet and are unhappy with other brands give them a chance.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
So before I start let me say that I've been vaping for 4 years and have tried countless brands and flavors. So recently all the hype about nicoticket got me curious. So I ordered 4 flavors, gravity, Betelgeuse, creme brûlée, and wokanda. Instantly regret buying 30ml sizes... I should have know from the start that the fruit flavors weren't going to go well being 65pg, but I figured why not, best rated juice on this forum....

So the flavor profiles of the fruit flavors are decent, but all smell like cough syrup, they taste ok but have a sweet tart/ cheap sugar taste and are very harsh on the throat. Even in 6 mg.

The cremey desert flavors are ok, the wokanda is the only coffee flavor I could vape more then a few hits on but nothing to rave about or to call number one by any means.

Cuttwood- all of the flavors have a weird base or something that I can't get past.

Alice in vapeland- great customer service, great flavor profiles. Harsh. Harsh. Harsh. Tried many times to enjoy them but get tired of the harshness after a tank or two (even with custom ordered 70vg/30pg)

And I'm not saying any of these are bad but not the hype I was expecting. So for now I've landed on the vapor chef, and have enjoyed every single flavor to date! Smooth, average prices, fast shipping (I happen to live a few miles away) but still. Not affiliated with them in any way but if you havnt tried them yet and are unhappy with other brands give them a chance.

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Nicoticket, although I appreciate your input as I'm awaiting my first ever order from them. Obviously I don't have to tell you about steeping and taste being subjective, but I've read more than a few cases where people haven't been too fond of a certain NT juice FOOB, set it aside for a couple of weeks, then came back to it later and were blown away at the improvement in flavor / complexity. The smell you described, for example, should subside after a bit of shaking / breathing / steeping.

In the seemingly unlikely event that you're open to giving NT another chance, I think perhaps Sure Bert would be better suited to your tastes? My understanding is that it's a classic fruit sherbert, but it's Nicoticket's only e-juice that is 'Max VG' ...

Last edited:
Reactions: EleanorR

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
Also, I'm curious as to which flavor(s) you tried from ITC... They are on my list of e-liquid vendors to sample, but would love some input that deviates from the norm (which seems to be largely positive).

When looking at reviews, I also love to see a ton of positive ones. It's the more critical reviews, however, that I tend to really pay attention to.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
IMHO, the thing about hyped juices is they never stand up, unless you're the one doing the hyping. You can spend a lot of time going through the hit-or-miss stage, trying to find a juice that works for you, and when you do, it's your "Ah, at last a found a great juice" moment, and you can't wait to share that with people. As the consumer, you have to look past that. Look as hype as a word-of-mouth type of advertising, not the end-all, be-all proclamation of "This is the best juice out there" type of thing. There are hyped juices that I thought were really good, and there were hyped juices I would never buy again.

The final judgment always rests with you, the consumer...

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
It's really pretty simple, you have to try a lot of different juice profiles (favors), be willing to wait a while after you get them. My personal experience is all juice benefits some from steeping. Then accept that you will miss on a few.

When you miss, don't sweat it, sell the juice here on the classies or if you can afford it, give it away at your local vape shop...

I've been vaping a few years now and just recently found my 3rd adv. there are a few other flavor I can vape here and there but only three that I can vape all day every day without the thought of putting it down or changing flavors. That's a gift, and I'm pleased with that. Each of the three are completely different from the others! Variety.

Sounds to me like you could benefit from trying out some different delivery devices as well. I did A LOT of research and asked A LOT of people A LOT of questions about why they used what they used and what they liked/disliked about their devices before I stopped using cigalikes that weren't optimal but we're keeping me off cigarettes. Ended up spending quite a bit of money, (not to my wife's liking at the time), on a Zenesis Standard which is a hybrid mech mod with a genesis tank build in. Love it, still have it. Recently purchased a Provari P3 and a Kayfun V4 after reading many pages and threads here and asking many more questions of people who had them. Love it, will likely have it forever. Looking to purchase the ultimate hybrid dripper combination for me now. I'm not into chucking clouds, I want flavor and the ability to quickly change flavors without the hassle of cleaning out ranks and changing wicks.

Just relax, try different things you wouldn't think you would like. If you don't like 3 or 4 fruit flavors in a row, stop trying fruit, you don't like it. Recently tried Journey from Lazarus Vintage, from the description it sounded nasty to me, but I smelled the juice and loved it so I bought a bottle and love it.

Remember, life is a journey, not a destination.

Vapemail just arrived and if this VCT from Ripe Vapes tastes half as good as it smells, I'm in for a real treat!

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yes I agree many juices are over hyped and if you ever start DIY you will realize how much they over charge you and much money you can save.....:vapor:

For sure. I found 3 flavors of pre-made juice I liked but they did not like me. Artificial ingredients messed up my mouth. So I started making my own and saved a lot of money. I blew enough money on trying juices to keep me in DIY juice for 2 months or more.

I found NONE of the gourmet tobacco juices I liked. I tried all the tobacco flavors that 3 vape shops had.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
It is interesting how extremely subjective peoples tastes are with ejuice. I was surprised to find that Nicoticket juice tastes wretched to me at every stage of steeping when it is so many peoples favorite, not bashing them they seem like a great company, but it just goes to show that however many people like it doesn't mean you will, the smart thing to do is get a small sample and find out for yourself if you're curious.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm surprised you didn't like anything from NT. I don't care for their ones with the vanilla that they extract themselves, though many love it, but Betelgeuse is my 2nd most favorite juice! Love it!! I was piffed a small amt and it didn't last long. My first fav is one that a friend DIY's. One thing is for sure, you won't have any trouble getting rid of the NT juices. They tend to go quickly in the classies. Especially at lower nic levels. I'd love to try some surebert but can't handle heavy vg. Getting ready to start DIY anyhow.

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Agreed that taste is subjective. I don't like almost all of the five pawns ones except the castle long reserve (sample them all except the reserve at a local vape shop and hate them, took the plunge and bought the reserve to try and loved it somehow). I can't even do most of the 50/50 eliquid but that one just works. Too bad DIY is too daunting to me right now, I don't even cook much except a few dishes all the time.
Anyway, good luck to your Vape journey!

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Phillip Rock Creme de la Creme is the end game for me if I had to choose a juice to stay with forever. Costs quite a bit on top of being rare and not available all the time, but Ffs, that and like Gambit/Grandmaster/Castle Long Reserve from Five Pawns (and perhaps Enter The Dragon from Gemini if it wasn't for the stupid food coloring added) those are at the top of list along with black and blue cheesecake from ITCvapes.

But yeah Creme De La Creme just kills all tbh. Hyped juice with a fair backbone and substance to back it up.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
A vape shop had Mad Alchemist ejuice on sale for $2.99 a bottle, as they are discontinuing the line. I bought 4 different flavors, let them all steep, and hated every one of them. I've never had 4 premium ejuice flavors from the same company that I couldn't vape until now.
I love Nicoticket, and have tried most of their line. Nicoticket has a new flavor called TheCure that I rotate with their Peanut ButterCookie. I add a few drops of Frenilla to the PBC, and it's so good. Grandmaster from Five Pawns is delicious, but I have to steep it a month, and it's way too expensive.
Has anyone tried Charlie Noble's new premium line that's selling for $12.99 per 30ml? I'm hearing good things about this line, and really like the lower prices.

Reactions: jdrewry

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012

So, you don't like tons of different flavors from many different vendors but you love every flavor from vapor chef? Now that's hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread