Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Welcome to ECF!

Yes, the future is uncertain for us vapers. You still have some time to stock up on devices. Get some mods that use replaceable 18650 batteries.

Even if you aren't ready to get into DIY e-liquid, it's a good idea to buy some nicotine base. No one knows what the FDA will do but it is possible that they will halt sales to consumers. 1 liter of 100mg/ml will make lots of "juice" and will keep for years in a freezer.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Welcome to ECF!

Yes, the future is uncertain for us vapers. You still have some time to stock up on devices. Get some mods that use replaceable 18650 batteries.

Even if you aren't ready to get into DIY e-liquid, it's a good idea to buy some nicotine base. No one knows what the FDA will do but it is possible that they will halt sales to consumers. 1 liter of 100mg/ml will make lots of "juice" and will keep for years in a freezer.

I was never a heavy smoker. I've smoked on and off for 15 years but never more than a pack a week and sometimes I stopped for years at a time. I don't think think I smoked straight through a whole year during the last 15 years. I never really enjoyed smoking. But I really enjoy vaping. Not sure if I'm addicted to nicotine or not.

Anyway, I will seriously consider checking out the DIY methods but it's kind of intimidating.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hello. I am Herrick. I'm a former smoker and month-old Vaper. Looks like I got into Vaping at an uncertain time :eek: If I had known about the FDA crackdown before, I'm not sure I would've bothered getting into vaping. But I'm glad I did.

Welcome to ECF Herrick

I bolded part of your post...I think it's very important and fear that many will think the same and just continue to smoke cigarettes.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Anyway, I will seriously consider checking out the DIY methods but it's kind of intimidating.
If you can follow a recipe you can make ejuice. Lots of great YouTube videos on it and tons of great recipes online. I'm working towards making my own coils but my vaping funds are low at the moment, need to get tools and supplies first. In the meantime I'm doing my research on it, reading and watching videos. For all the DIY aspects you just gotta jump in there and do it (after you have a basic understanding of the safety measures).

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Welcome to ECF Herrick

I bolded part of your post...I think it's very important and fear that many will think the same and just continue to smoke cigarettes.
I'm bummed about getting into vaping as things are changing but I will not go back to smoking. I'll stock up as much as I can while I still can but I don't ever want to smoke again. I'm glad I got into before any proverbial hammers completely fell.

Reactions: classwife

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I'm bummed about getting into vaping as things are changing but I will not go back to smoking. I'll stock up as much as I can while I still can but I don't ever want to smoke again. I'm glad I got into before any proverbial hammers completely fell.

Agreed. I used to smoke regular Marlboros and Marlboro Lights. Vaping is a billion times more enjoyable. I can't see myself going back to cigarettes. I find the claims of vaping leading kids to smoking to be very difficult to believe.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello. I am Herrick. I'm a former smoker and month-old Vaper. Looks like I got into Vaping at an uncertain time :eek: If I had known about the FDA crackdown before, I'm not sure I would've bothered getting into vaping. But I'm glad I did.
Welcome and glad you joined. Wouldn't worry about the FDA too much, they are on the wrong side and are fighting a losing battle. Glad you switched too.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks for the links.

Why do you think the FDA is fighting a losing battle? I've read a couple of threads in the FDA section and the situation seems pretty grim :(
The FDA Is winning now. Just give the general public along with the medical establishment (Britain is years ahead of us in the medical front) a few more years to see the benefits of vaping coupled with the realization that the US FDA law(s) is/are BAD. We vapers have right on our side and will win the battle over time.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I'm currently hoping Canada goes the UK way and not the FDA way since we're bringing in regs now ourselves... I don't DiY, but I build my own coils and enjoy that immensely. I still get the occasional craving for that hit, probably because I am going between 3mg and 1.5mg so the cravings are triggering a bit, but the flavours make it so much easier.

what is making it appealing to kids is the cloud competitions more than anything else I think. when their sponsering raves etc it also doesn't help, that only aided the fda in cracking down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread