I just realized...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congrats!! Im at 8 years since I started vaping, but....... At around year 5 started smoking cigs again. That lasted almost a year. Coming up on 3 years again.
out of curiosity can you tell us what triggered your trip back on the smoke train? I am coming up on my 5 year mark and at this point I can't see myself going back but I always have that tiny voice in the back of my head telling me that just one to see if I would hate or love them wouldn't hurt. I don't intend on ever listening to that tiny voice but the thought persists nonetheless.

Saippenu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2016
U.S. Northeast
out of curiosity can you tell us what triggered your trip back on the smoke train? I am coming up on my 5 year mark and at this point I can't see myself going back but I always have that tiny voice in the back of my head telling me that just one to see if I would hate or love them wouldn't hurt. I don't intend on ever listening to that tiny voice but the thought persists nonetheless.

I did it once. I think you'd be surprised by how much you'd hate it. I took one drag, choked, turned green and handed it back to the owner. YUUUUUUK

Reactions: mattiem

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest

The only real answer is stupidity... someone left a pack of cigarettes at my house. They were just sitting there staring at me and I decided to see if what I remembered was as good as I remembered it. It wasn't.... But the next one was a little better, the one after that even better.....

Finished that pack, bought another, and another.....

I still miss it after all this time but I have much more self control now. My wife smokes and I don't see myself ever wanting to do that again.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did it once. I think you'd be surprised by how much you'd hate it. I took one drag, choked, turned green and handed it back to the owner. YUUUUUUK
I have a very strong hunch that is what would happen to me too if I ever gave in to that voice. :D

Reactions: VNeil

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only real answer is stupidity... someone left a pack of cigarettes at my house. They were just sitting there staring at me and I decided to see if what I remembered was as good as I remembered it. It wasn't.... But the next one was a little better, the one after that even better.....

Finished that pack, bought another, and another.....

I still miss it after all this time but I have much more self control now. My wife smokes and I don't see myself ever wanting to do that again.
Thank you. I wouldn't call it stupidity though. those things are wicked and for those of us that used them for so very long it seems we can easily be tempted if we aren't constantly on guard against them.

My hubby both smokes and vapes. He was right there with me after we bought our first devices and was smoke free for about 3 months but started dual using. for quite a while he was only smoking a few a day but is back to at least a pack a day now. that is down from his 3 packs a day though so that is a plus. His life-his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread