I need some help here!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Ld3441, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ld3441

Ld3441 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am brand new to vaping. I bought my first yesterday and know nothing about it. I have a few questions and appreciate anything you can tell me. I bought a Kanger Tech P1308. I was hoping there would be a booklet to explain some of this to me but it only tells you how to put it together.

First I need to know about how long the battery last. I do have 2 but I'm not sure when I should take the second with me and recharge the first.
    I have 5 spare coils with this. How long does a coil last? How can I tell it needs to be changed?
    I did read your FAQ which brings me to another question. LOL What is the difference between VG and PG? And how do I know which one I have?

I am hoping to quit smoking and giving this a try.

2. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't know what a Kanger Tech P1308 is maybe a little more of a description would help, with that being said I don't know what kind of battery life to expect, I would keep the other battery with You untill You know. As far as the coils go once the start performing poorly (less vapor, flavor reduction) it's time to change them or clean them . PG is Propylene Glycol VG is Vegetable Glycerin this should help some http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...078-what-difference-between-pg-vg-liquid.html
    Most bottles of E juice tell You what the ratio is on the bottle, some vendors let You choose what ratio You would like, some to not.

3. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Welcome to the forum!

4. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to the forums & congrats on making the decision to switch.

I've never heard of that either. Do you have a pic of your setup? We might be able to help you better if you can post one.

5. Ld3441

Hmmm, It has EVOD on the box. The P1308 is on the bottom of the e-cig. Sorry, I am not familiar with any of this. The e-liquid I have doesn't say which it is but both are listed in the ingredients. Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I have no way to post a picture either.

6. djsvapour

djsvapour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oh, if it's an evod battery (with evod tanks/clearos) you should be good to go.

They may have charge in them, in which case you can vape on one until it runs out (could be quick...) and charge it whilst vaping the other.

7. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    OK so it's an EVOD, good choice let us know the length of it so we can determine what the mah (mili amp hour) rating it is

8. Ld3441

Thanks for the links MoonLit_Water! That was helpful.
    Ok, so EVOD is the battery type, I am learning! LOL
    I have been using one since yesterday (they were both charged at purchase). I am trying to decide if I should take the second to work tomorrow and charge the first or if the first will last long enough to make it through the day?

9. Ld3441

650 mah on the battery

10. djsvapour

djsvapour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Take both!!!!!!!

650 evod - I have one. You'll do well to get a day.

Besides, always carry a back up.

I use my 650 evod SPECIFICALLY as a back up to either a Spinner or eVic.

11. Ld3441

Thanks for your answers, you guys are awesome!
    Glad to know I made a good choice because I had no idea about anything. My son-in-law suggest Kanger so that is whart I got.

12. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Super Member ECF Veteran

I always keep a spare battery with me when I'm out. I usually have one on the charger when I'm home. As for how long they will last, there's way to many variables to predict that. You'll have to use them for a while until you figure out how long they last for you. As for when the heads need changed, you'll know!

13. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    I would take it with You just to make sure I think this is what Y0u have Personal Vaporizer E-Cig - Kanger - eVod Starter Kit - ECBlend

Thats a 650 Mah battery. Now this is just an estimate but You should get 5 maybe 6 hours of vaping out of it, I have never used mine from fresh charge to needing a recharge all in one shot so it's hard for me to say. But it is a rough estimate 100 mah = 1 hour of vaping but You should expect that to vary

14. Ld3441

That looks like what I have! Wow, I guess I am doing well with this one then because I have been using the first one about 26 hours (minus 8 hours of sleep). I will take the fresh one with me tomorrow.

As for the coils, I get it that "I will know" when they need changing but can you give me some idea how long they last? I know there is no definate answer but do they usually last days, weeks, months?

15. MoonLit_Water

Supporting member
    Yeah that is good, that 5 - 6 hour estimate would be for constant vaping.
    Well Congrats on making the switch, Welcome to the forum. And don't hesitate to ask and all questions You may have.

16. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hello and welcome to ecf.
    If you click on Moon's link to the eVod, the page gives directions on what to do and how to refill the cartomizers. Just scroll down that page.
    Hope this helps.

:)

17. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to the world of vaping and, potentially, a whole new hobby!

There are too many variables to answer how long a coil, or other delivery device, will last. As a rule of thumb, the sweeter the flavor, the shorter the life of the coil or delivery device. Sweet flavors contain sugars which tend to foul the coil with what we call "gunk". If you stick to mostly tobacco flavors they can last quite a while. Since you have an Evod kit, I assume that you have Evod delivery devices and can simply replace the base that contains the coil rather than the entire unit.

18. JeannieB360

JeannieB360 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to the Forum!

19. scott808

scott808 Full Member

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the world of e-cigs!

20. ynots

ynots Full Member

Ive bought a Kanger P1309 (evod) battery from 2 different vendors and both were advertised as 1000 mAh 3.7 volt. I suspect the evod 650mAh are shorter and have a different number on the end of the battery. I get about 10-12 hrs. of vaping between charges. That would vary depending on your vaping habits. When using a Kanger EVOD BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) I can vape about 1.5ml of ejuice between charges

(edit)
    Oop's. just realized you mentioned the P1308 battery, not the P1309... Me bad

: evic, evod
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.