I need some help here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I am brand new to vaping. I bought my first yesterday and know nothing about it. I have a few questions and appreciate anything you can tell me. I bought a Kanger Tech P1308. I was hoping there would be a booklet to explain some of this to me but it only tells you how to put it together.

First I need to know about how long the battery last. I do have 2 but I'm not sure when I should take the second with me and recharge the first.
I have 5 spare coils with this. How long does a coil last? How can I tell it needs to be changed?
I did read your FAQ which brings me to another question. LOL What is the difference between VG and PG? And how do I know which one I have?

I am hoping to quit smoking and giving this a try.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I don't know what a Kanger Tech P1308 is maybe a little more of a description would help, with that being said I don't know what kind of battery life to expect, I would keep the other battery with You untill You know. As far as the coils go once the start performing poorly (less vapor, flavor reduction) it's time to change them or clean them . PG is Propylene Glycol VG is Vegetable Glycerin this should help some http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...078-what-difference-between-pg-vg-liquid.html
Most bottles of E juice tell You what the ratio is on the bottle, some vendors let You choose what ratio You would like, some to not.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
Thanks for the links MoonLit_Water! That was helpful.
Ok, so EVOD is the battery type, I am learning! LOL
I have been using one since yesterday (they were both charged at purchase). I am trying to decide if I should take the second to work tomorrow and charge the first or if the first will last long enough to make it through the day?

Last edited:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I would take it with You just to make sure I think this is what Y0u have Personal Vaporizer E-Cig - Kanger - eVod Starter Kit - ECBlend

Thats a 650 Mah battery. Now this is just an estimate but You should get 5 maybe 6 hours of vaping out of it, I have never used mine from fresh charge to needing a recharge all in one shot so it's hard for me to say. But it is a rough estimate 100 mah = 1 hour of vaping but You should expect that to vary

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
That looks like what I have! Wow, I guess I am doing well with this one then because I have been using the first one about 26 hours (minus 8 hours of sleep). I will take the fresh one with me tomorrow.

As for the coils, I get it that "I will know" when they need changing but can you give me some idea how long they last? I know there is no definate answer but do they usually last days, weeks, months?

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Welcome to the world of vaping and, potentially, a whole new hobby!

There are too many variables to answer how long a coil, or other delivery device, will last. As a rule of thumb, the sweeter the flavor, the shorter the life of the coil or delivery device. Sweet flavors contain sugars which tend to foul the coil with what we call "gunk". If you stick to mostly tobacco flavors they can last quite a while. Since you have an Evod kit, I assume that you have Evod delivery devices and can simply replace the base that contains the coil rather than the entire unit.

ynots

Sep 24, 2013
PNW
Ive bought a Kanger P1309 (evod) battery from 2 different vendors and both were advertised as 1000 mAh 3.7 volt. I suspect the evod 650mAh are shorter and have a different number on the end of the battery. I get about 10-12 hrs. of vaping between charges. That would vary depending on your vaping habits. When using a Kanger EVOD BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) I can vape about 1.5ml of ejuice between charges

(edit)
Oop's. just realized you mentioned the P1308 battery, not the P1309... Me bad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread