I vaped at the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
I was at LAX (Los Angeles airport) yesterday, and while waiting for my flight, I found a quiet, mostly empty seating area and discreetly vaped. Discreet means I avoided ostentatious exhalations--I just let the vapor trickle out my nostrils. Discreet also means holding my Dura in my fist so most of it, including the LED, was hidden from view. It was delightful! But I couldn't help worrying about when the bluenoses and killjoys in local government will catch wind of vaping and want to shut it down...

uberjaeger

Dec 31, 2008
San Diego, CA
Last week I smoked on the plane (Black penstyle from Puresmoker.com) from San Diego to Washington, D.C.. Then smoked on the way back. I held the e-cig like I would a pipe, it looked like I was chewing on a pen. I held the smoke in a little longer than usual and blew what little vapor came out down towards my lap. Noone gave me a second look.

I'm taking my SD on my flight today.

SannerSays

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Arizona
www.wetyourstick.com
Wish I had the balls! I have had my e-cig for about a week now and have yet to build up the courage to use it in a non smoking area. The worst is my girlfriend poking at me...."come on, what are you chicken?? just puff on that thing, what's the worst that could happen?" Hahaha!! Of course she plans on ordering one next week and I imagine she will show me up real fast.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I was extremely timid about it in public places for a long while too. But my confidence in using my e-cig while out and about has grown tremendously, especially since I've always used devices that look nothing like the real thing. First a black penstyle, and now my SD. I find that used casually and discretely, and held not like a cigarette either, it really can be used anywhere, and most people don't even notice. It truly does just look like I'm gnawing on a pen or something. And I'm talking about airports, restaurants, my dentist's office, stores, etc, etc.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Yup, I'm a little timid most times, but when I'm in a mood...... look out !! lol.

I've got my surgery follow-up on Wednesday and will be using it there, as I did last time. At least the staff know I use it now, so the busy body tattle tales (unbelievable) will have a deaf ear this time round. I guess they're more secure in doing that than approaching a 6ft4 245lb guy with a limp, lol.

I'm getting more brave but still start vaping in the corner away from others then move in.

Some day, its the analog's that will get all the stares and confrontations and we'll just be the norm.

Vape On,
Greg

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
It is weird and shows how much we've all been cowed by the campaign to eradicate smoking. I vape everywhere myself, but these days I ask permission (used to be pretty confrontational about it). I'm more likely to be indiscreet in a pub than on a train or plane, but the bottom line is I take a hit when I need one.

Emp

uberjaeger

Dec 31, 2008
San Diego, CA
**NOTE: I don't check bags, just my one carry on. So I had my Virginia flavored 36mg in my bag (the nic was from puresmoker, the one w/ the orange, coned cap) and it kind of exploded.

I opened my stuff at my destination and the orange cap was popped off and e-liquid was all over my spare atomizers and carts. And the cap didn't fall off, it kind of pressure-popped off.

Be careful when flying w/ nicquid.

Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread