Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I Put the SiD Beauty Ring up on the site under Accessories in Tools & Vanity

Folks with the SiD will like this ring and we priced it to make it easy to buy. This was made for us by SmokTech and will fit not only Sid but also The Magnet Button Bolt and the new Ace all of which are by SmokTech and share interchangeable parts.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Yes, any length tube can be used with the caps for that diameter. The tube in the picture is a standard though the HalfLing on the SiD with the 350 battery is pretty nice.

ibtsid_22_installed.jpg

I wish these manufacturers would key in shrinking the length of their devices. There is a lot of wasted space between the top of the battery and the 510 connector IMHO.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Yes, any length tube can be used with the caps for that diameter. The tube in the picture is a standard though the HalfLing on the SiD with the 350 battery is pretty nice.

ibtsid_22_installed.jpg

I wish these manufacturers would key in shrinking the length of their devices. There is a lot of wasted space between the top of the battery and the 510 connector IMHO.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by wasted space in devices ;)

The rings are looking great OCD! Any plans to make a flat top ring for the original smoktech zmax? The only thing really keeping me from loving the zmax is the silly beveled top cap.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
UC, I think the ZMax you are talking about is the same top as the ZMax Mini just a different length battery tube. If so then yes I want to do one for the Mini. It will most likely be a 19mm tank ring though since that device is actually slimmer than a 22mm tank and the 19 really looks good on it.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Got a sharpie? hehe, acutally that might work, brb...

Well, it is black. Not as completely black as the SiD and a little uneven and shiny :D Have no clue as to how it will hold up but since there is always a sharpie on my desk easy enough to touch up ;)

Really though I dont know that we will be ordering any colors on these because of the numbers involved and they are kind of a slow mover. We got the clear since it is the same as on the original and pretty much universally matches all the colors. Now if we could get them in our tank colors I might be a little more interested but these were made by Smoktech in China and our caps and tipsys here in the US.

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Lol, I like your style dude!

I was actually thinking about using some PlastiDip spray. That stuff is awesome and has been used a few times on my truck :D

Seriously though, I appreciate the quick reply and info. I just got notification from FastTech that my order shipped today, so I may have lucked out and will have it en route before they close for 2 weeks for the CNY.

I will see what I can do when the SID gets here, and most-likely hit you up for an SID ring.

Thanks again man! :)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No Problem, glad you got the tongue in cheek about the sharpie... I did try it but certainly dont want folks thinking its a good idea ;)

I was actually thinking though that anodizing dye comes after the oxidation coating. Makes me wonder if they could not be dyed again. Maybe a light sanding to take off any sealer and a black dye then seal again. The dye part of anodizing is a warm water operation unlike the actual growing of the oxidation which takes some chemicals and electrical current.

I think I might hit up our shop to see what they can do, I know anodizing can be stripped and re applied... just dont honestly know how comfortable I would be in asking them to do this to parts they did not make. If I had them make this part for us it would have cost a minimum of three times as much, my quantities would have been higher and they would end up around the cost of our IBTpro 22 ring at retail. While I fully support US made where we can I am also good with having Smok make things like this for us to fit their products and hope to do more of this in the future. I had a great meeting with our Rep at CES in LV a couple weeks ago and if the way our conversation went has any weight to it I can see some great things coming this summer.

Benson X

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
PNW
Good thinking man! If they do their own in-house anodizing, it might be worth looking into - though I can understand the "awkwardness" of asking them to work on a competitor's product. Of course, you would need to look at it from a business standpoint, would it be equitable for you and/or the consumer.

If they are a "slow-mover" and you have a surplus of stock on-hand, it might be advantageous to at least check if they can anodize a handful as a test run. You know I would be purchasing one (or two) from you. Plus, you would still be offering an "original" and innovative design that might appeal to more people with fancy color options. I know the SID is a pretty popular MOD, and there is a very limited market for aftermarket customization for it, not to mention the possibility to up-sell with your other tanks :)

Keep me (us) posted, and feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks for the input and ideas, I can tell you have a great business ethic and I will be giving you my business for sure! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread