iClear 30 / Can the heads be rebuilt (Easily) ?

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by artbyshan, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. artbyshan

artbyshan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I really have been enjoying this tank, but noticed yesterday that the top coil seems to be dead, while the bottom one is still firing. Has anyone rebuilt one ?

2. artbyshan

artbyshan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Update: I tried rebuilding the head, but it was in my opinion difficult. The pin pushed out, and reveal a rubber grommet similar to the Vivi Nova (This part was easy enough). I tried five wraps of 34 gauge Kanthal for each coil (Seemed to match up better with the way it came; 32 gauge seemed to be much thicker than the wire present). However, fishing the wires from the top coil through from the coil that sits on bottom was difficult . After an hour of tinkering with this thing, I thought I had done it. However, my Provari said LO. I give up (For a while anyway). Hopefully someone will soon show a way to rebuild this thing easily(For kicks anyway). For now, I'll keep buying replacement heads on this tank.

3. cadcoke5

cadcoke5 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am curious if the coils are wired in parallel or serial. I.e. will one coil continue to work, if the other coil is truly burnt out?

Joe Dunfee

4. RoadToNever

RoadToNever Senior Member ECF Veteran

I destoryed the top coil while cleaning a head, decided to put it on my PV and noticed the bottom coil did fire up. So parallel.

5. BentWookie

BentWookie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Does it still show the same impedance when one coil is burned out?

I bought 3 of these things. Opened and filled the 2nd one last night just to find out that it had a short in the atty out of the factory. Luckily I purchased a 5 pack of replacement heads when I ordered the tanks but the heads are like $3 a piece!

6. baskln

baskln Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just tried to rebuild one and ended up throwing it away. Very very difficult to get the rubber plug back in the bottom and trim the wires flush. I gave up, maybe someone else will have more luck....

7. Vappa

Vappa Super Member ECF Veteran

Ah D*mn. I was hoping to find some good tips here on rebuilding the coil. Mine shorted out after my first cleaning of the coil.
    I have only one spare now. And purchasing another is a costly business right now, since they don't sell them in NL yet. Buying them from Germany add 10 Euros to the cost for shipping :(

8. Hidzrami

Hidzrami Full Member

I do think rebuilding will cost less then 3$ a piece... But it would be great if there a video on how to do it

9. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Probably more like 3 cents if some can figure it out.

10. Zippoz

Zippoz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Isn't that the error for TOO low of a resistance? I think 4 wraps with 32ga on a nova is around 2.3ohm. Wouldn't the two heads plus the resistance of the leads make it over 4.6 ohms? That is pretty darn low resistance. I haven't seen the coil myself, but I would think that you would have long leads with the iClear head, causing the resistance to drop. Have you tried using less coils? I'm just curious because I have plenty of cotton/32gau Kanthal and I'm very interested in the iClear after reading about it then watching my buddy vape one.

11. Zippoz

Bump?

I'd really like to know if anyone has uncovered any more info on this.

Tanks'

12. nickvegas

nickvegas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would like to know if anyone has tried rebuilding them with just 1 coil wick combo could it work???

13. Tintreach

Tintreach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2 answer the question further up. They are in parallel. Each coil is 4 ohms. It might be possible to do a a single coil but haven't put anytime into playing with it since I'm still figuring out how to get the silicone cap to seal properly to the top cap stem.

This has yet to seal properly for me and causes vapor to come back into the fluid chamber. Thus making it the iDirty 30

14. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mine does the same, I just ignore it because I'm getting so much vapor out of it anyways.

15. Zippoz

Ok, so if I did that math correctly the resistance is 2ohms for the unit. Man you'd have to wind a fairly long coil in 32 kanthal to get 4ohms each haha.

16. BJ43

BJ43 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  17. awoodby

awoodby Senior Member

$3 apiece? google "iclear16 heads 5" I found them for like 8.50 for a 5 pack.

18. penrow

penrow Senior Member ECF Veteran

cheaper than that at fastech with free shipping, they are the genuine inokin coils too

19. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Has anyone ever successively rebuilt a dual coil on a clearomizer/glassomizer.

EVER!:blink:

20. Crazy_cambo

Crazy_cambo Full Member

I rebuild my iclear 30 with a single coil after it shorted out. I used cotton and 28ga kathal, its taste way better and more vapor production. This was my second rebuild, with the protank 2 being my first rebuild.

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.