if you could have the ultimate provari what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Okay if it's an ultimate fantasy ProVari, I'd like:

- Radius in titanium please.

- Wireless firmware updates.

- Wireless charging.

- Firmware updates: yay! However, Windows only? Dudes, we're in 2016, how about making it work with OS/X. (Yes I know, limited time, resources, and half the world is still running Windoze XP becuz ... it works and they don't know any better.)

- I don't work myself into a frenzy over the P3 screens and how they scroll and what options they have and 1, 2, or 13 buttons, 5 gears, and a foot-pedal, because I pretty much set it once and then do nothing except dial the watts up or down by a few notches. But... how 'bout an iOS and Android app that can control the e-cig and set everything on a nice, big HD display without even looking at the ProVari.

- Find where I dropped my e-cig! (This would be super-handy, despite the answer usually being: it's either in one of the couches, or rolled under the seats in the car.)

And... how 'bout a limited run featuring an Exceptional/Art-Level build quality of the tube itself.

Left to Right:

1- P3 Stealth Ti
2- P3 Ti
3- P3 Polished
4- GG
5- GP Paps v4
6- Super T - Original Precise 18650 upgraded to rhodium pins and locking button
7- Super T - Precise+ 18650 (the version where gun-metal became a mix of polished and brushed, resulting in limited run of the "moonglow" shiny version)
8- Super T - Precise+ 18650/Strata hybrid mode (made from the finest Unobtainium, utilizing quad Ophion coils @ .0001Ω and braided nose hairs of dragons for wicks, temperature control and mood setting).

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

ProVari makes great, nearly-indestructible vaporizers. They're at the very high-end of build quality for excellent tools. If you look at the polished P3 and the GG next to each other, they actually look pretty similar. But if you pick them up, touch them, take them apart, the GG has significantly higher build quality. With the GP and Super T mods, the build quality attains "art" level. It's ... nearly flawless, seamless, and pretty indestructible, the polished Super T in the pic is from 2010 and was in daily use for over half a decade. All the heavy metal in this pic has come into contact with cement, sidewalks, dirt, rocks, snow, mud, ya know ... stuff, that happens when heavy metal meets gravity. You just buff out the scratches, and it goes back to being indestructible and perfect.

Use whatever parts you already have for the P3 or Procyon (or P3.5 that'll be forthcoming), don't turn it into an incredibly time-consuming and expensive detour, just stuff the electronics into a limited-run of 500 or 1000 tubes, built by someone who is a craftsman, instead of on an assembly line.

I'm 99% sure the limited run will sell out almost immediately (it should be in titanium of course ;-) You can even manufacture scarcity and charge people the full price for the mod up front, and then... [wait for several changes of seasons, a year, 18 months] and finally ship the product! Everybody will be so surprised and happy! It'll be just like ordering stuff from Super T and GG was back in the old days! "Will this thing I paid for ever actually get designed, finished, and shipped? Who knows! But that's part of the excitement! Take my money please, let it all ride!"

And the limited-run tube itself? please lose all that s--t you stamp all over it; it's way too busy, with logos overlapping logos and random crap etched into it, that I understand is there for branding purposes, but hey, we're going for art here, so ... please don't stamp 19 ProVari logos on it. Maybe 1, that's subtle (the opposite of what ProVari usually does with their branding). It really, really, doesn't make it look any better, despite what you may be vaping when you think it does. Simplicity, elegance, exceptional build quality ... not more logos (Okay I'm exaggerating just a little, there's a ProVari 3 logo, another Ti logo behind that, and then dual P3s in a Hexagons which obviously need to be there too. Oh. no, wait, they don't. D00dz, that's 4 logos on one tube! In reaLlY BIG FONTs ...5, if you count the Ti on the end cap, 17.23 if you count all of them on the end cap and then lose count and start over on the wrong number).

Uhm, that's it then. S'cuse me, I was just clearing my throat and all that came out.

BTW- This feature request "how 'bout an iOS and Android app that can control the e-cig and set everything on a nice, big HD display without even looking at the ProVari." The vaporizer on the right, which is covered in lint because it's usually stashed someplace, and is made for vaping Other Things besides liquid nicotine (I mean tobacco obviously) ... it already does this. Crafty Remote Control on the App Store so does a buncha stuff living on Alibaba and Fasttech, but let's not go there.

IMG_1352.jpg

In conclusion: everything should be BETTER and MORE, yesterday please. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Having said all this, I'll continue buying 5 of each model, of whatever you make, so don't worry 'bout it too much. :D

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Ultimate dream ProVari, well, there does seem to be some relationship between Zen and ProVape. There are the Zenkotes, and then the fact that ProVape authorized Zen to do the P3 upgrade to the 2.5's. Then there is the Kabuki with P3 threading, and HOH recently started doing runs of those with titanium. I don't know if HOH has used titanium previously.

My dream ProVari would be a limited run collaboration with HOH, the Radius chip would be a great choice because it's already programmed for three button interface. If Zen could have access to the Radius chip and build a Ti mod very much like the ZNA that would be my dream ProVari. ProVape makes the most durable and stable chipsets, and I always found the ZNA to be a timeless beauty of a design. Kind of art deco in a way. Such a collaboration would be a mind blower for a ton of vape enthusiasts, and I think it would sell out in short order.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ultimate dream ProVari, well, there does seem to be some relationship between Zen and ProVape. There are the Zenkotes, and then the fact that ProVape authorized Zen to do the P3 upgrade to the 2.5's. Then there is the Kabuki with P3 threading, and HOH recently started doing runs of those with titanium. I don't know if HOH has used titanium previously.

Thanks for posting this. So perhaps there's hope for limited runs of cool stuff! I remember the Zenesis, then there was an all black version, and then I lost touch with what HOH was doing (I guess around 2012). I really like the Kabuki tanks a lot, the Ti Kabuki is in some of the pics above.

My dream ProVari would be a limited run collaboration with HOH, the Radius chip would be a great choice because it's already programmed for three button interface. If Zen could have access to the Radius chip and build a Ti mod very much like the ZNA that would be my dream ProVari. ProVape makes the most durable and stable chipsets, and I always found the ZNA to be a timeless beauty of a design. Kind of art deco in a way. Such a collaboration would be a mind blower for a ton of vape enthusiasts, and I think it would sell out in short order.

Oh sweet, I've never seen a ZNA prior to googling it just now, that's something I'd buy in titanium with ProVape electronics =)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Okay if it's an ultimate fantasy ProVari, I'd like:

- Radius in titanium please.

- Wireless firmware updates.

- Wireless charging.

- Firmware updates: yay! However, Windows only? Dudes, we're in 2016, how about making it work with OS/X. (Yes I know, limited time, resources, and half the world is still running Windoze XP becuz ... it works and they don't know any better.)

- I don't work myself into a frenzy over the P3 screens and how they scroll and what options they have and 1, 2, or 13 buttons, 5 gears, and a foot-pedal, because I pretty much set it once and then do nothing except dial the watts up or down by a few notches. But... how 'bout an iOS and Android app that can control the e-cig and set everything on a nice, big HD display without even looking at the ProVari.

- Find where I dropped my e-cig! (This would be super-handy, despite the answer usually being: it's either in one of the couches, or rolled under the seats in the car.)

And... how 'bout a limited run featuring an Exceptional/Art-Level build quality of the tube itself.

Left to Right:

1- P3 Stealth Ti
2- P3 Ti
3- P3 Polished
4- GG
5- GP Paps v4
6- Super T - Original Precise 18650 upgraded to rhodium pins and locking button
7- Super T - Precise+ 18650 (the version where gun-metal became a mix of polished and brushed, resulting in limited run of the "moonglow" shiny version)
8- Super T - Precise+ 18650/Strata hybrid mode (made from the finest Unobtainium, utilizing quad Ophion coils @ .0001Ω and braided nose hairs of dragons for wicks, temperature control and mood setting).

View attachment 544044

View attachment 544045

ProVari makes great, nearly-indestructible vaporizers. They're at the very high-end of build quality for excellent tools. If you look at the polished P3 and the GG next to each other, they actually look pretty similar. But if you pick them up, touch them, take them apart, the GG has significantly higher build quality. With the GP and Super T mods, the build quality attains "art" level. It's ... nearly flawless, seamless, and pretty indestructible, the polished Super T in the pic is from 2010 and was in daily use for over half a decade. All the heavy metal in this pic has come into contact with cement, sidewalks, dirt, rocks, snow, mud, ya know ... stuff, that happens when heavy metal meets gravity. You just buff out the scratches, and it goes back to being indestructible and perfect.

Use whatever parts you already have for the P3 or Procyon (or P3.5 that'll be forthcoming), don't turn it into an incredibly time-consuming and expensive detour, just stuff the electronics into a limited-run of 500 or 1000 tubes, built by someone who is a craftsman, instead of on an assembly line.

I'm 99% sure the limited run will sell out almost immediately (it should be in titanium of course ;-) You can even manufacture scarcity and charge people the full price for the mod up front, and then... [wait for several changes of seasons, a year, 18 months] and finally ship the product! Everybody will be so surprised and happy! It'll be just like ordering stuff from Super T and GG was back in the old days! "Will this thing I paid for ever actually get designed, finished, and shipped? Who knows! But that's part of the excitement! Take my money please, let it all ride!"

And the limited-run tube itself? please lose all that s--t you stamp all over it; it's way too busy, with logos overlapping logos and random crap etched into it, that I understand is there for branding purposes, but hey, we're going for art here, so ... please don't stamp 19 ProVari logos on it. Maybe 1, that's subtle (the opposite of what ProVari usually does with their branding). It really, really, doesn't make it look any better, despite what you may be vaping when you think it does. Simplicity, elegance, exceptional build quality ... not more logos (Okay I'm exaggerating just a little, there's a ProVari 3 logo, another Ti logo behind that, and then dual P3s in a Hexagons which obviously need to be there too. Oh. no, wait, they don't. D00dz, that's 4 logos on one tube! In reaLlY BIG FONTs ...5, if you count the Ti on the end cap, 17.23 if you count all of them on the end cap and then lose count and start over on the wrong number).

Uhm, that's it then. S'cuse me, I was just clearing my throat and all that came out.

BTW- This feature request "how 'bout an iOS and Android app that can control the e-cig and set everything on a nice, big HD display without even looking at the ProVari." The vaporizer on the right, which is covered in lint because it's usually stashed someplace, and is made for vaping Other Things besides liquid nicotine (I mean tobacco obviously) ... it already does this. Crafty Remote Control on the App Store so does a buncha stuff living on Alibaba and Fasttech, but let's not go there.

View attachment 544047

In conclusion: everything should be BETTER and MORE, yesterday please. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Having said all this, I'll continue buying 5 of each model, of whatever you make, so don't worry 'bout it too much. :D
Just an FYI......Apple updates have been released today for the Radius ;)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I don't use apple.....
I was only referencing the apple software for update, because a recent post (the one I quoted when I mentioned it) said they wished provape would provide updates for apple users......and they had, so it was obvious that people who don't frequent the radius thread didn't know yet ;)

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I am not sure what you mean by "what version?"
Perhaps this will help...

You announced, New Apple Updates as being freshly released.

When it was released the day prior. I thought that you were revealing something new?!?

All is well!!!

Jim

Reactions: USMCotaku

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Perhaps this will help...

You announced, New Apple Updates as being freshly released.

When it was released the day prior. I thought that you were revealing something new?!?

All is well!!!

Jim
was wondering what/why you were asking, seeing as how you are in the radius thread, even more then I am :p

Reactions: AstroTurf

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
To be honest, I really liked the form-factor and the weighted balance of the Provape-1.
I also like the ribs and just the general footprint of it.

If there was a way to power it other than 14500s, it would be perfect for me.

I actually hate menus. :) Love ultra simplicity.

The early Super T Manufacturing PVs were pretty nice, but again, to get the form factor I like required using small batts. I wouldn't mind a replaceable flatter battery pack if it had to be that way.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread