Ijoy Captain PD270 - 20700 dual battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
Now lets wait... This is in a group on Facebook...
97c666122561147cada406c4f3a46622.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Wow! Mine doesn't do that. What version of Firmware do you have?

I put in a request for Firmware V1.5 two days ago with a distributor in China. I was told that it would be passed along. That was not on my list, and yours is the first that I've heard of anything like that in everything I've seen posted to date. I'll certainly tell the distributor about it, though yours may be faulty in that respect. :(

The following is the note I sent:

Hello,

The Captain PD270 is not accurate. Please tell IJOY that there are still things that need attention in a Firmware Update:

• Fix the Power Regulation for all modes (Norm, Hard, Soft, and User if it needs it). And also make certain that Power Regulation works well with Temp Control.
  • Temp Control Regulation needs attention for all wire types supported natively by the mod, but especially Stainless Steel.
  • Make sure that both TCR Memory Functions work properly for every selectable range, so that any wire type will work correctly under Temp Control.
  • A better TCR range is something that is needed. The TCR adjustment range is between 0.00050 and 0.00200, so I could not try the Altus T1 with Temp Control because it needs 0.00310, according the David Guo (the manufacturer). While I don't know if 0.00050 would be considered Low enough for everything, 0.00200 is definitely not High enough for everything out there. For another example, some people use 0.00450 for Tungsten.
  • Slow down the (+) & () Adjustment button scroll rates. They zip up and down too fast. Maybe make the rate adjustable in a menu setting for user preference.
  • The accuracy of the Ohms of attached coils is not accurate. Please work on that to get it right for all modes.
  • Please make Firmware Updates available for Mac computers.
There are also several Hardware issues that need to be addressed, but those things cannot be fixed with Firmware.

I have contacted IJOY several times in two different ways, but there is no indication that Firmware V1.5 is being worked on.

Thanks
I have their latest V1.4 on it and it happens every time.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
An update to the resetting back to power mode after a battery change. It only happens in M1 or M2 mode, the other TC modes don't do it.
If you have a Facebook presence, please go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/IJOYglobal/ and tell them about it. I feel that the more of us who participate, the better. :)

If not, then I'll do it for you. :thumb: Please let me know either way.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I sent an email to their feedback address, and requested to join the group. As a vw person I'm very happy with it, though noted the resistance readout error and tc errata, plus that it would be nice for them to add a change log with firmware updates.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Maybee if we do more threads there they will fix this problems faster hehe
I would think that participation on their Facebook page (or any other area that they actually created) would get their attention much better than threads here on ECF, or any other forum. There is no guarantee that they are monitoring threads here, or anywhere else. But that's me.
I'm still membership pending... ;)
OK, I'll do it for you, when I get to it. :D
Didn't do too much for the eVic VTC Mini in the Joyetech forums...
Right. I think that participation in their own arena (like Facebook) would be a place that they would actually monitor. One might even get feedback.
I sent an email to their feedback address, and requested to join the group. As a vw person I'm very happy with it, though noted the resistance readout error and tc errata, plus that it would be nice for them to add a change log with firmware updates.
Sorry, I forgot to include the Change Log in that list a few posts ago :blush:, but I did tell the china distributor about that, and I included it in a list that I submitted in a chat conversation that was on the iJoy Firmware Download page. :thumb: I asked for it be given to Vivian. I have also written emails to Vivian, but I receive no replies anymore. I hope she at least reads them. But this is why I've been submitting things to the chinese distributor.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I posted this to the Facebook page...

Thanks for adding me! I have something to report.

The Captain PD270 is still not accurate with Firmware V1.4. Please tell your Engineers that there are still things that need attention in a new Firmware Update. I have complied a list for you:

• Please fix the Power Regulation for all Modes (Norm, Hard, Soft, and User), so it works properly. And also make certain that Power Regulation works properly with Temp Control.
  • Temp Control Regulation needs attention for all wire types supported natively by the Mod, but especially Stainless Steel. And the TCR M1 & M2 functions should be included for testing and attention toward a new Firmware release as well. As it stands, Temp Control puts out very weak vapor for most wire types, as compared to devices like DNA200 Mods, the YiHi SX Mini Q Mini, and many others.
  • Please make sure that both TCR Memory Functions work properly for every selectable range, so that any wire type will work correctly under Temp Control while using TCR.
  • A better TCR range is something that is needed! The TCR adjustment range is between 0.00050 and 0.00200, so I could not try the Altus T1 with Temp Control because it needs 0.00310, according the David Guo (the manufacturer). While I don't know if 0.00050 would be considered Low enough for everything, 0.00200 is definitely not High enough for everything out there. For another example, some people use 0.00450 for Tungsten.
  • PLEASE Slow Down the (+) & (-) Adjustment button scroll rates. They zip up and down way too fast. Maybe make the scroll rate adjustable in a Menu setting for User Preference.
  • The readings of the Ohms of attached coils is not accurate. The Captain reads the Ohms LOW. Please work on that to get it right for all Modes.
  • Please start including a Change Log that shows what was fixed in a Firmware release, to be included with each Firmware release (and past releases as well). It could be included in the Zip file, or posted on the Firmware Download page for reading/downloading.
  • Please see if this is something that can be fixed with Firmware. I know someone who said: If you have the Captain in TC Mode and you take out the batteries for charging, it will switch itself to Power Mode when you put the batteries back in. The TC settings are retained, but the Mode of the Captain is not. It does not matter if you turn it Off beforehand, or change the batteries with the device turned On.
  • Please make Firmware Updates available for Mac computers.
Thank you!

I got a reply right way. They said these things are being worked on. :w00t:

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
The Captain has its issues, but mine works well enough in Power mode and the iJoy 20700 have pretty good battery life, so I still use it a lot.

And while we are waiting for Firmware v1.5 to be released to the public, there are still some things to like about the Captain (IMHO). Remember that raised ring around the 510 that keeps any topper from sitting fully flush? Well, to me, that's one of the things to like now. Since the whole ring is flat (that is, without any gaps for airflow), it acts as a boundary that seals the bottom of a topper to the ring, and that blocks leaked or flooded juice from getting inside the 510 and fouling it up. The raised ring is pretty low anyway, so I never minded the fact that it left a small gap, but now I really appreciate its being there.

Just counting my Blessings. :D Have a great day!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I'll say this, too. It was posted on Facebook that Firmware v1.5 has been written, but is being heavily tested before being released to the public. I have asked to be included as a tester in two ways, and so far have been ignored. The 2nd time was directly to Vivian (according to the canned system reply), but that was late on Friday. It's early Monday, so I'll give it a little time before I consider myself ignored again. However, at this point, a positive attitude would suggest that they are getting enough feedback already to start working on a v1.5 (or v1.6) that will ultimately be released. While my hopes are for the best, I'm starting to wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread