Status
Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Tried fb, never got a reply at all. They do reply to emails, but all they say is, " we'll check this for you" for 2 months now. And here I sit with a defective Captain. If you can't check the status of an APPROVED warranty replacement in 2 months, you should not be in that business.
Did you see my suggestion about posting a negative review? I've seen this get some people the results they needed.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Tried fb, never got a reply at all. They do reply to emails, but all they say is, " we'll check this for you" for 2 months now. And here I sit with a defective Captain. If you can't check the status of an APPROVED warranty replacement in 2 months, you should not be in that business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I think it took like 3-4 months for my replacement RDTA box. i kept getting the same info. never got a tracking number or anything until 3 months in or so. Personally I find it easier going through the place of purchase then the manufacturer unless it's an evolv or hohmtech device

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
I think it took like 3-4 months for my replacement RDTA box. i kept getting the same info. never got a tracking number or anything until 3 months in or so. Personally I find it easier going through the place of purchase then the manufacturer unless it's an evolv or hohmtech device
I should have gone that route. Too late now, guess I'll just wait and see... Hope I have similar results as you. Thanks for the info. Its way more than I got from them. They could have just told me that, but instead they chose to " we will update you ASAP" me to death! Go figure...

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I should have gone that route. Too late now, guess I'll just wait and see... Hope I have similar results as you. Thanks for the info. Its way more than I got from them. They could have just told me that, but instead they chose to " we will update you ASAP" me to death! Go figure...

LMAO if i got 5 bucks for every time they told me that i coulda brought a new one

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Facebook is just too funny sometimes. I was on the iJoy fan group mentioning how it would be good to have a proper working firmware for the Captain. One of the members who is doing his version of a run time comparison on the new Cappo 100W (21700) vs the Captain with dual 18650's, claimed that the Cappo is "spot on with TC" in a reply to my comment.

I replied back that I highly doubted it and asked him what wire he was using to test out the TC with. Then this idiot blocks me on FB. I label him an idiot because he told me in an earlier post that his Captain has no problem with TC and it controls his ni80 build just fine... After multiple attempts to explain that the Captain will not TC NiCr wire, I concluded that it a total waste of time and gave up. He didn't have a clue how TC is supposed to work and knows that when he hits the button his tank produces vapor, so it is obviously working under TC. :facepalm:

His test with the Capo vs Captain uses to different attys with different builds... He was also going to use a pair of those PoS Avatar 2000mAh 18650's in the Captain. This is what happens when iJoy offers free gear to any complete ..... who will test it out and report back. :lol:

/RantOff

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Facebook is just too funny sometimes. I was on the iJoy fan group mentioning how it would be good to have a proper working firmware for the Captain. One of the members who is doing his version of a run time comparison on the new Cappo 100W (21700) vs the Captain with dual 18650's, claimed that the Cappo is "spot on with TC" in a reply to my comment.

I replied back that I highly doubted it and asked him what wire he was using to test out the TC with. Then this idiot blocks me on FB. I label him an idiot because he told me in an earlier post that his Captain has no problem with TC and it controls his ni80 build just fine... After multiple attempts to explain that the Captain will not TC NiCr wire, I concluded that it a total waste of time and gave up. He didn't have a clue how TC is supposed to work and knows that when he hits the button his tank produces vapor, so it is obviously working under TC. :facepalm:

His test with the Capo vs Captain uses to different attys with different builds... He was also going to use a pair of those PoS Avatar 2000mAh 18650's in the Captain. This is what happens when iJoy offers free gear to any complete ..... who will test it out and report back. :lol:

/RantOff
Hmm sounds kinda like what happened to me here in another captain thread lol

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
While my Captain does TC fine using TCR on SS430, it has a place in my box of mods now.
Too heavy/uncomfortable with the 10ml Plus on it and my thumbs hurt after vaping on it. The 20700s didn't last any longer than my 30Qs. In all, it is an OK mod (my particular one) but not one I'll use again unless I have to.
I have grown fond of opposable thumbs and intend to keep mine free from pain. I'll stick to my Wye and Supreme V2 for a while. 'A while' being until the letter carrier brings my new Exus Ark.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
keep an eye on that guy, saw someone on wicks and coils fb group posted a video of his auto firing. he said it was the second time it has done it

Had this for over a month with zero problems.
Then again, I don’t bathe mods with leaky tanks, drop them on concrete, or generally not take care of them.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The PD270 is going on my PIF pile. It's actually worked consistently well for my use case, stellar run time in vw mode with the 20700b batteries. IMO it should find a home with someone who likes to vape vw, but at higher power than I use.

I really like lanyards, single battery mods are more my forte.

I just got in a yiloong predator mech squonker, with a Pulse 24 RDA. I bent the contacts slightly so it would hold the 20700 battery (trivial, plenty of room), switched the bottle for an 11ml from a Therion bf, am happily vaping my all day vape on a 0.43 ohm build [emoji5]

My next regulated mod will likely be an Oceanus, since it should do really nicely with the 20700b and my fairly low watt vw vaping.

Last edited:

eLCruz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Central Florida
I am now convinced ijoy is a crooked company! On June 27th they approved a warranty replacement for a Captain mod which was defective out of the box. They constantly tell me "we are working on this for you". Here it is October and nothing! More "sorry for the inconveniences, we are working on this for you" but no working mod! These guys are crooks who don't honor their warranty and lie to customers! This is some real ....... [emoji90]! I for one will never do business with these crooks again. They know we cant do [emoji90] and take full advantage of that fact! Crooks is what they are!

Sent from the edge of space & time.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I am now convinced ijoy is a crooked company! On June 27th they approved a warranty replacement for a Captain mod which was defective out of the box. They constantly tell me "we are working on this for you". Here it is October and nothing! More "sorry for the inconveniences, we are working on this for you" but no working mod! These guys are crooks who don't honor their warranty and lie to customers! This is some real ....... [emoji90]! I for one will never do business with these crooks again. They know we cant do [emoji90] and take full advantage of that fact! Crooks is what they are!
So take it up with them directly, here...

Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

Doing so will make it more public that this thread. What do you have to lose?

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Thanks, had no idea it existed.
You are very welcome! I hope you can get some satisfaction there. I posted this link with instructions in a reply to you, one page back, but I guess you missed it.

Just be sure to read the Rules and follow them carefully... what you can and can't do, etc.

Good Luck! :toast:

EDIT:
I'm posting this 5 hours after your Thanks, so it's not too late to edit your input there, if you read the rules and need to make a change.

Mark Spivey

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Knoxville, TN

Sent from the edge of space & time.

Yep, they have done this to too many people... me included. I will not buy another iJoy Mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: eLCruz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread