I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
Hey ECF!

I'm back to the vape life again after 6 months. I tried quitting for health and money reasons, but could never really get vaping off my mind. Due to stress and my love for smoking and tinkering with things I decided to start vaping again.

First off, I'm extremely surprised and impressed at how quickly things continue to evolve, even in 6 months. From postless drippers to crazy powerful box mods to crazy good deals like the Kanger Subox (seriously, how can you get all that for $60?! ~9 months ago I paid that much for an iPV Mini that couldn't fire anywhere close to 50W and didn't come with any atomizer at all), it's awesome how quickly things have kept changing.

Anyways, my last setup was a Vertex V2 on a SMPL copper clone. Just as I was quitting, tiny RDAs like the Derringer were coming out, and I'm glad to see others have caught on. I ended up getting another SMPL copper clone (loved my first one so much), with a Freakshow Mini on top. The Freakshow Mini leaks a bit and is a pain to drip on, but for $18 for an authentic dripper that is tiny and can still run single coils, how can you go wrong?

Anyways, sorry for all the rambling. Just excited to be back and a part of this great community.

Here's my little itty bitty cheap setup:

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Hey ECF!

I'm back to the vape life again after 6 months. I tried quitting for health and money reasons, but could never really get vaping off my mind. Due to stress and my love for smoking and tinkering with things I decided to start vaping again.

First off, I'm extremely surprised and impressed at how quickly things continue to evolve, even in 6 months. From postless drippers to crazy powerful box mods to crazy good deals like the Kanger Subox (seriously, how can you get all that for $60?! ~9 months ago I paid that much for an iPV Mini that couldn't fire anywhere close to 50W and didn't come with any atomizer at all), it's awesome how quickly things have kept changing.

Anyways, my last setup was a Vertex V2 on a SMPL copper clone. Just as I was quitting, tiny RDAs like the Derringer were coming out, and I'm glad to see others have caught on. I ended up getting another SMPL copper clone (loved my first one so much), with a Freakshow Mini on top. The Freakshow Mini leaks a bit and is a pain to drip on, but for $18 for an authentic dripper that is tiny and can still run single coils, how can you go wrong?

Anyways, sorry for all the rambling. Just excited to be back and a part of this great community.

Here's my little itty bitty cheap setup:

welcome back!

Reactions: Raguvian

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
Thanks all! Love the warm welcome. Boy, ECF has changed a lot, though. The forum format is so different! I'm kind of sad that the giant e-liquid mega threads were closed, but I can understand why.

Welcome back! If you really wanta curb the leaks, why not try one of the new top airflow rda's? The sapor seems legit. My personal favorite is the derringer though; it's not top airflow, but it doesn't leak and is dead simple, plus it looks great on the smpl... especially in copper.

The Sapor looked interesting but it was too big. Really, it was between the Mutation XS and Freakshow Mini. The Derringer was a bit too pricey for me, and more importantly, I couldn't find one without a copper center post. As much as I love copper, I don't want my eliquid touching any metal other than SS. Luckily, I found a shop locally that has an all SS authentic Derringer that they're willing to sell for $70 cash. I might have to pick that up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread