In the market for a new RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
So, iv never had a rta and im not big on buying coils as to replace them for my tfv4 is about £15 for 5 so it will be easier for me to just get an RTA, and i thought now would be a good time as that seems to be all that is coming out atm!
im not fussed on the size of the tank but i was just asking if you guys/girls had any recommendations for me please.
Thank you
Jordan :)

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Gotcha. I figured a single coil set up might be the simplest to start with, but you could do that on a Velocity style deck too of course. But yeah, check out some vids and reviews and see if it is for you.

Bigger hitters seem to find the airflow on these a little restricted so the Bachelor might not be the one for you, not sure as I find it breaths real well and with the bigger single coil and my twisted wire it produces plenty of flavor and vapor.

But I don't have much to compare it to as it is my first real RTA (I used to use a Kanger Toptank previously).

I'm sure others with their suggestions will chime in as well sooner or later though.

Good luck on your search!

Reactions: gerrymi

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
Iv heard good things about the serpent mini, and it might be my second choice as i have two tanks and there both coil tanks and im thinking of replacing both for RTA's,
Griffin 25 iv heard good things but the herakles plus has that weird top down air flow right? hopefully someone will comment about if that air flow is any good or not.
Thank you for all the replies :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is actually my Favorite RTA...

3806100-6.jpg

$13.26 SXK Nebula Wine Tank RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - authentic / 5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But most people don't consider it because it Doesn't have AFC and it Isn't Top Fill.

Reactions: jordycakes

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
If you like very open draws, big cloudz and like to throw crazy big builds in your RTA then look into any RTA thats 25mm and has a velocity deck

Augvape Boreas
Aromamizer Supreme
Herakles RTA (they have a v2 deck now)
Griffin 25mm
Gemini 25mm
Smok TF RDTA
Smok TF RTA

list goes on.

My vote goes to either the Supreme or Boreas.

Reactions: jordycakes

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
The boreas

8ml capacity
Large Velocity deck x2
A real rdta bottom fed wicking system
Jfc and afc
Huge airflow
M2l capabilities
Budget priced
Top fill
I recommend the Boreas also, best I've owned to date. My RTA's are

Boreas
Griffin
VCMT 25mm and 30mm
Crius
Hannya
Bellus
SquapeRs
Goblin mini V1 and V2

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I wouldn't worry to much about the size of the deck. After about 5 coils you will have it down. Actually, a smaller chamber lends to better flavor. Large air content/flow just dilutes the flavor. But, large airflow does lend towards big clouds.
Actually the Boreas has killer flavor

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
The griffin/gemini to me is an all around safe RTA to purchase if its your first. Easy build deck. Wicking is pretty straight forward. Has all the bells and whistles: JFC, Bottom and Top AFC. Easy to clean and take apart completely.

It doesn't WOW me like some of these other RTAs do but its also a non hassle RTA that I can just throw a quick build and wick with my eyes closed (exaggerating) and expect it to perform the way it should perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread