VV/VW 3v-7.5v or 6W-40W
2000mAh internal non-replaceable battery
Max Current 12A
Max Wattage 40W
Max Voltage 7.5V
Fires down to .2
1 Amp charge circuit
6 Colors available- Black (being reviewed) Silver, Red, Blue, Pink, Purple
Price: 49.95 at VapingZone: Innokin Cool Fire IV - 40W Box Mod - E Cig eGo, E juice, Mods, Cartomizers, Liquid Nicotine, DIY Flavorings

CruuSMu.jpg

The Coolfire 4 comes in an attractive clear plastic case that contains the mod, good quality (and decent length) USB charge cable, instruction manual, and eGo thread adaptor. The device feels very solid although it's fairly lightweight coming in just over 70g. Unfortunately the power adjustment buttons rattle quite a bit on the device I have, although I can't say if this will be the case for all of them.

PEnd3rU.jpg

The finish on the device is very attractive, the outer sleeve portion has a nice grain pattern and the front, top, and bottom come in matte silver. The buttons are shiny chrome and the screen is black when not lit up, while in use the screen is bright and clear although smaller than I have become accustomed to with most other APVs on the market. The screen shows both atty resistance and output voltage down to two decimal places, and also has a battery charge indicator on the right side.

wHwaQUI.jpg

One unique feature that I'm quite fond of is a master on/off switch in the bottom of the device which allows you to quickly and easily turn off the device without going into on-screen menus and fiddling with buttons, although there is also a menu-based power down option which is activated with three quick presses of the main fire button. The device is charged through a micro USB port and is capable of being vaped while charing.

hoin8pk.jpg

The device can be used in either Variable Wattage or Variable Voltage mode. To enter into voltage mode you must press the fire button and the "-" button at the same time for about a second, to enter into wattage mode you follow the same procedure but press the "+" button instead.

The Coolfire 4 uses an always-on adjustment lock, to adjust your voltage or wattage you first need to hold the "+" button until the power/voltage level flashes on the screen, then you are free to change your voltage or wattage. While firing the device it records the length of your puff, and if you press both the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time it will display the number of puffs you have taken.

The 510 connector is spring loaded, but I was still not able to get any attys to sit flush with the top of the device. I've tried over 8 different tanks and drippers and there is consistently a small gap, even the included eGo thread adaptor doesn't sit flush.

NwqXYsi.jpg

The device performs well but seems to be over powered compared to other devices (Smok M65, IPV Mini 70W, Hana Box) Using the same tank I notice I have to set the wattage lower when using it on the Coolfire, unfortunately I don't have the equipment available to determine why.

Overall, for the price, it's a decent little mod. The main complaint I have is with the 510, I can't think of any excuse as to why nothing sits flush (especially with the spring loaded 510, and the atty also wobbles very sightly. The button rattle is a seriously minor issue for me personally, and I'm OK with simply dialing the power a bit lower than I would with other devices, but that wonky 510 really takes it down some points in my opinion, although I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue or if they all suffer from that problem.

Last edited:

Niteowl71

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2014
Alexandria, Lousiana
I just received mine and so far I love it. It took me a bit to figure out how to switch from VV to VW but thanks to this post I figured it out. I to had the same problem with the ego adapter that came with it as well as the ego adapter itself I have a EVOD 2 tank and usung the ego adapter that came with it the tank wouldnt screw all the way down so it showed there was no atomizer luckily I have my ego adapter that came with my iStick so used that and all is good but still has hair line gap between battery and adapter.

Last edited:
Does anyone have trouble with their green charge light not turning off when the device is fully charged? I have 3 CF IV's and 2 of them never turn out the green charge light even though they have reached 4.2 volts. I have tried several different milliamp chargers and several different charge cords. I have charged from a few hours to overnight and the result is always the same. Like I said one of my CF IV's does turn out the led when charging is complete and it always reads 4.19 volts.

As far as atomizers not sitting flush, the 510 thread adapter is intentionally left about 1/2 of a mm high so your tanks don't bottom on the device. All of mine are this way.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Does anyone have trouble with their green charge light not turning off when the device is fully charged? I have 3 CF IV's and 2 of them never turn out the green charge light even though they have reached 4.2 volts. I have tried several different milliamp chargers and several different charge cords. I have charged from a few hours to overnight and the result is always the same. Like I said one of my CF IV's does turn out the led when charging is complete and it always reads 4.19 volts.

As far as atomizers not sitting flush, the 510 thread adapter is intentionally left about 1/2 of a mm high so your tanks don't bottom on the device. All of mine are this way.

Mine stays green forever when charging. To check if it's fully charged I just walk over and unplug it and plug it back up. If it's fully charged it will blink three times and shut off. If not, the led will stay illuminated. Charging has ceased if the case is cool, IMO. There may be trickle charging going on, but it gets fairly warm when it's actually charging.

My Kayfun 3 has a gap about the width of a magazine cover. That's about 10 or 15 thousands. It's all good. I have one or two mods that won't recognize a Kayfun 4 because the case bottoms out before the center contact touches.

Mine stays green forever when charging. To check if it's fully charged I just walk over and unplug it and plug it back up. If it's fully charged it will blink three times and shut off. If not, the led will stay illuminated.

Good call Dave P.! I tried what you said and you are correct. The led does in fact go out when unplugged and plugged back in. However this only works if the battery is turned off. I have pretty much learned to live with this deal. It really is only a minor annoyance but is clearly a device/software issue as only a few of these devices exhibit this behavior. Thanks for your reply.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Good call Dave P.! I tried what you said and you are correct. The led does in fact go out when unplugged and plugged back in. However this only works if the battery is turned off. I have pretty much learned to live with this deal. It really is only a minor annoyance but is clearly a device/software issue as only a few of these devices exhibit this behavior. Thanks for your reply.

It's been my experience that the LED will go out if you unplug USB and replug with the atomizer off and the power switch on. I leave the power switch on when I charge. I haven't tried charging with the power off.

After going through two iStick 50W in just a hair over three months, I was glad to find something similar that seemed solidly built. Both mine had display failures. It's hard to vape and change values without a display to tell you where you are at. It's kind of like driving blind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread