Interviews With “Vapers”: Implications for Future Research With E-Cigs

Discussion in 'Medical Research' started by JustJulie, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    A new study out of The School of Medicine, Washington University (Amy McQueen, Ph.D., Stephanie Tower, B.A., Walton Sumner, M.D.:

Interviews With

I originally posted this in the news subforum, but realized that it was probably more appropriately posted here.

You can read the full article by downloading it from the website . . . and it's definitely worth a read.

One thing that I particularly liked about this paper is that while the authors are certainly interested in examining e-cigarettes in the context of traditional smoking cessation, there's also a recognition of e-cigarettes being used as a long-term substitute for smoking.

Best yet, while the authors discuss the necessity of more research (which we all agree is of vital importance), there's no hysterical call for e-cigarettes to be pulled from the shelves until they can be proven "safe and effective."

One of my favorite quotes:

(emphasis mine.)

Nope. We won't be deterred. :laugh:

In any event, it's nice to see some balanced research starting to come out, along with some sensible ideas for research that needs to be conducted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.