Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I really like this. Is this mod available yet? I'll have to wait another month for funds but what a beauty

end of august. Paul is aiming for a mass produced mod though, so I don't see an issue with waiting until september, or even october. My understanding is he aims for readily available, no waiting lists once they are in production

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
end of august. Paul is aiming for a mass produced mod though, so I don't see an issue with waiting until september, or even october. My understanding is he aims for readily available, no waiting lists once they are in production

It's not exactly "mass produced" either. I'm still going to assemble every one myself. It's just that I don't have my own machine shop so I have others make the parts for me. I also designed it so that assembly would be quick and easy. This has the benefit that the mod can be easily taken apart by the user and cleaned. I'm only going to make it a batch at a time, the first batch would be enough for everyone on the list, and then a little more. It's not like I'm producing thousands at a time, because machined parts are not cheap.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
As far as color goes there are red, blue, bare aluminum, and clear anodized aluminum so far. I am talking with the supplier now to see if one more color can be done without costing too much. It hasn't been anodized yet. If you are interesting in colors aside from those listed above, let me know. I'd like to add at least one more color in. A few ppl have expressed interest in black or gun metal, and I'd like to make as many people as possible.

There was a bit of delay due to the need to find suppliers for the various parts. The place making the first batch for me is not the same as the one that did the prototype. The prototype was done by single rapid prototyping company, with fast turn around, but they don't really do production, at least not cost effectively. That's why I wasn't able to set an exact price until just recently. The price is $100, as stated previously.

Give me 2 more weeks, and I can provide a better update, preferably with the stuff in hand. Once I have all the parts the assembly will be very quick. I know you guys have been anxiously waiting, and I appreciate that. Here's something to keep you happy in the mean time: I will provide you with an assortment of spare parts at no extra charge (springs, bottles, tubings, etc). This only applies to people who are on the list.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Here's something to keep you happy in the mean time: I will provide you with an assortment of spare parts at no extra charge (springs, bottles, tubings, etc). This only applies to people who are on the list.

Very nice of you Paul, thanks for the spare parts! It's going to be nice adding a MyMod to the stable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread