Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Another dual 18650 200W TC device. Never owned any of the iPVs but it looks like they took a chapter out of the Sig213.

88 x 42 x 28 (if dimensions are true, 2mm narrower than the Sig213)

Runs on a Yihi chip.

This one looks promising and interesting. Knowing its a Yihi board perhaps it is firmware upgradeable? Hopefully its lightweight & will be what the Sig213 should've been.

Should come out Early/Mid June.

More info Pioneer4You IPV6 | Dual 18650 | YiHi Chip

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Another dual 18650 200W TC device. Never owned any of the iPVs but it looks like they took a chapter out of the Sig213.

88 x 42 x 28

Runs on a Yihi chip.

This one looks promising and interesting. Knowing its a Yihi board perhaps it is firmware upgradeable? Hopefully its lightweight & will be what the Sig213 should've been.

Should come out Early/Mid June.

More info Pioneer4You IPV6 | Dual 18650 | YiHi Chip
And the IPV7 sometime in July :lol::lol::lol:. I'm just joking around. But as I said to someone else, when dealing with P4Y being upgradeable usually doesn't matter one way or the other since they seem to prefer releasing a new model instead of upgrading the latest one.

PS The IPV6 does look nice though.

Cheers,
Steve

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
And the IPV7 sometime in July :lol::lol::lol:. I'm just joking around. But as I said to someone else, when dealing with P4Y being upgradeable usually doesn't matter one way or the other since they seem to prefer releasing a new model instead of upgrading the latest one.

PS The IPV6 does look nice though.

Cheers,
Steve

lol, it does indeed look nice. The ipv5 was too big IMHO and this one seems just right. Not sure I really need another mod but we'll see.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I don't care for the colors/design. But then again, pre renders change a lot.

But I am also following the ipv release rotation. One good, one flop.

Ipv3 good
Ipv4 flop
Ipv5 good
Ipv6 flop

Waiting for the 7 for Xmas time
I know you were probably joking but unless the FDA Deeming Regs change. Nothing new to the USA market after 8-8-2016 (it has to be out before then). :(

Cheers,
Steve

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
I know you were probably joking but unless the FDA Deeming Regs change. Nothing new to the USA market after 8-8-2016 (it has to be out before then). :(

Cheers,
Steve
I am being cheerfully optimistic. The backlash that is currently happening, as well as lawsuits, I believe things will change..

If not...It's not like a Chinese company will listen to the FDA regs. Just a matter of importing my flash light accessories

Besides, the way ipv pumps out their stuff, we might even see 7,8 and 9 before deeming kicks in. But that would be a last minute cash grab by ipv (I'm somewhat cautious that is what the 6 is anyways )

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I don't care for the colors/design. But then again, pre renders change a lot.

But I am also following the ipv release rotation. One good, one flop.

Ipv3 good
Ipv4 flop
Ipv5 good
Ipv6 flop

Waiting for the 7 for Xmas time
Not sure where the D2 fits on the list but I'd call that one a winner. Cheers.

Reactions: MMW

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Not that I charge on board much but that is not mentioned and may not be available. It has a usb for upgrades so prolly no added barrel jack for charging. Don't use it much on the D2 but it is nice to know it's there if needed. (and sturdy)

Anyone know if it does have on board charge capabilities?

I'm going to go on a limb and say that yes it will probably have usb charging capabilities. Seems to be a standard these days with the new mods. Now, whether it has 2amp is the question to ask... :)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I'm going to go on a limb and say that yes it will probably have usb charging capabilities. Seems to be a standard these days with the new mods. Now, whether it has 2amp is the question to ask... :)
Well my IPV3 Li doesn't have onboard charging. The IPV4 had it but it was removed because of problems. I'm not sure whether or not the 5 has it. My point being that P4Y has had a history of problems with their on-board dual battery charging so I wouldn't be surprised if this one doesn't have it.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I just looked it up the IPV5's USB jack is for updates only. Not for charging.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread