iPV6 pioneer4you

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I just bought a 6x yesterday since Vapor beast had them on sale. I should have checked this thread first. This will be my first Yihi device, having only used joyetech and eleaf before. I'm going to use it to unfairly judge every piece of equipment Yihi manufacturers, so I hope I get a good one. [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The IPV 6X is still a decent mod. It's just the initial batches that were riddled with flaws.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
pl0
How long have you had one? Is there any paint peeling off? I wanted to get one but between the pre-order debacle and reports of peeling paint I decided to wait.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Yo Kay..I've got an alien,after returning back the predator due to 510 pin cup coming out w tank..I've got my alien 3wks. Green metallic from ecig city. Ni peeling so far.plus I purchased clear silicone skin from amazon. So that might help w longevity

Reactions: KayP

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Cool. What's the max diameter sized atty can it sit w/out overhang?

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Smok big baby beast fits perfectly
bbb.jpg

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
pl0

Yo Kay..I've got an alien,after returning back the predator due to 510 pin cup coming out w tank..I've got my alien 3wks. Green metallic from ecig city. Ni peeling so far.plus I purchased clear silicone skin from amazon. So that might help w longevity
Yeah, I heard that the newer Alien releases may have better paint quality, which is good to hear. I still don't have one. I do have a Predator though. It's 510 is fine; however, I'm babying it.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Yeah, I heard that the newer Alien releases may have better paint quality, which is good to hear. I still don't have one. I do have a Predator though. It's 510 is fine; however, I'm babying it.

If it starts to rock slightly,beware. If you use dripper..the constant pulling removal of the housing will accelerate the problem. I used only a tank on it and it was less than month b4 it got bad..I pulled up slightly and cup pulled out (attached to 510 pin of tank)
I saw online, that glue would help. I forgot what kind. I have another gold 228 in the box I would like to fix.but what glue to use is the question

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
It is a shame that P4U hurriedly released the IPV 6X and ultimately treated its customers as beta testers/guinea pigs. However, I can't say I was not warned about P4U's darker side.

I have the ver 1.3 as well. Whilst it is a nice mod and a definite improvement from the ver 1.2, it irks me knowing I won't be vaping TC on it.

Sent via Tapatalk, using my 404 Error. Not found.
I dont get it. I had my 6 last year September. .I used a freemax Scylla ni200 coils. .worked fine..just no lock,no RBP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
If it starts to rock slightly,beware. If you use dripper..the constant pulling removal of the housing will accelerate the problem. I used only a tank on it and it was less than month b4 it got bad..I pulled up slightly and cup pulled out (attached to 510 pin of tank)
I saw online, that glue would help. I forgot what kind. I have another gold 228 in the box I would like to fix.but what glue to use is the question
As the 510 gets hot, I would recommend a high temperature resistant adhesive.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I've been using it exclusively since i got it. It seems to be much less finicky with TC than the joyetech and eleaf boxes im used to. Noticeable decrease in ramp up time using dual coils in my goblin mini. All day battery life so i dont have to carry a spare around.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Does it look like cup is popping out,upwards? Pressed down?Like the predator 228(which I wish wismec would fix. Luved that mod) A fix for that would be metal epoxy..only on spots of 510 negative cup.. need to keep the
( -) connection..I didn't have the 6 long enought for that to happen to the 510. .I've gotten more than a few ipv devices over the years never a problem with the 510. Battery life great w all..I've got an 8 Since release..
no problems.EDC at work. .got a closed bottom silicone cover because the battery door pops if u put it down too hard or drop..

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Does it look like cup is popping out,upwards? Pressed down?Like the predator 228(which I wish wismec would fix. Luved that mod) A fix for that would be metal epoxy..only on spots of 510 negative cup.. need to keep the
( -) connection..I didn't have the 6 long enought for that to happen to the 510. .I've gotten more than a few ipv devices over the years never a problem with the 510. Battery life great w all..I've got an 8 Since release..
no problems.EDC at work. .got a closed bottom silicone cover because the battery door pops if u put it down too hard or drop..
Yeah it just looks like the sleeve with the threads is coming out.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
The cup is smooth and has 2 wires soldered to it. The positive wire was pretty twisted because what looks like an adjustable 510 pin isn't, turning the screw just spins the pin and twists the wire.
There's a notch in the top plate that looks like it was to allow room to solder the negative wires to the cup. Had they soldered those wires up closer to the top plate it would have worked ok i think. I filled in that notch with JB weld, which is the only thing i found that I was confident would tolerate the temperature. Im giving it 24 hours to cure and seeing what happens. Regardless, i have an Ikonn 220 ordered to replace it.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
,good deal. Like to kno if jb worKS. U just put jb on one piece of cup yeah,didn't ring it around.
But really,that's the 1st ipv I've heard about that happening.
And,oh yeahhhhh. Somebody here told me awhile back,not to mess w any 510 slotted.was wired. Why they do that shiite idk. Wismec has same slot.but all the wismec have some 510 issue or another. Will never get another from them either
Well.now u have a knock around. Mine is sigelei 213..lol. bent the hell outta the top.plate on that. Still working tho.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
,good deal. Like to kno if jb worKS. U just put jb on one piece of cup yeah,didn't ring it around.
But really,that's the 1st ipv I've heard about that happening.
And,oh yeahhhhh. Somebody here told me awhile back,not to mess w any 510 slotted.was wired. Why they do that shiite idk. Wismec has same slot.but all the wismec have some 510 issue or another. Will never get another from them either
Well.now u have a knock around. Mine is sigelei 213..lol. bent the hell outta the top.plate on that. Still working tho.
The JB worked perfectly. It is likely now the toughest part of the mod [emoji4]

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
The JB worked perfectly. It is likely now the toughest part of the mod [emoji4]

Lol..great..I'm gonna tag u in to a contest from time to time. There's a few out there. Reddhott has the best fun. Others are boring,but sometimes betterm prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread