Is 80/20 the "standard" mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Lol hello all, still new and still overwhelmed... :blink:but was wondering is 80/20 the standard mix? Or do peeps do extremes like only pg or only vg? Lol i just ordered a stupid amount of 5ml samples from gourmet vapor 21 to be exact :Dand ended up going 80/20 24 reg flavor. So i guess im wondering what is your favorite mix 50-50 80/20 100% and why?:confused:

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Yes many people do all pg or all vg but 80/20 is still a very popular mix. A lot of places such as us based vendors allow you to customize you pg/vg ratio to whatever you want.

I prefer 80/20 80/90 or 100% pg myself. The reason being is that I like a stronger TH, and I like how the pg carries the flavor as well as how it feels on inhale. Everyone has their own preference.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
80/20 or 70/30 for me - I dont like HUGE TH but oddly I found too much VG makes it all too soft in the flavor department and the vapor is nuts, I can't see half the time and Ive tried 100% VG as well (insane vapor lol).
I like strong flavors and Ive found that unless its a mint or cinamon (those I have to have less TH cos those flavors seems to be heavy on TH) then 80/20 is my preference.
I dont like to go with 90/10 because the TH gets too harsh for ME (100% PG is ok but its low vapor and wicked TH lol).
If you like soft subtle tastes with vapor to die for then a higher VG is fine; its all so subjective :)

chrizzle

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
Pretty new myself, and I made the mistake of gettin 20/80 instead of 80/20 for my first real bottle of juice. Awesome vapor production, but somehow unsatisfying? Maybe it's the TH that I am missing. I had a couple of samples and prefilled cartos that were most likely more PG concentrated and I think I liked those a bit better. While I do like the vapor of this juice, I may go with a couple of small bottles of 50/50 and 80/20 to see what I like better. I reccomend anybody new to vaping to not go to big on their first juice order until you are sure of what you want in regards to flavor and mix. Now if I can onlty get my carto issue figured out.

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Yea i was thinking, might not be the most economical soloution but going to figure on finding some kind of avg flavor since i dont have a favorite yet. Then i was thinking of ordering a full range starting at 100% pg, then 80/20, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60, 20/80, 100% vg (although i doubt will need to go that far vg). This way i kinda think ill get the best feel for the full range of vape, th, ch...

Seems you can read for eternity, but kinda just have to give it a go yourself... Im sure over time peeps end up basically doing the same thing, this just forces me to do it all at the start so hopefully i find my happy place sooner:laugh:

Last edited:

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I had ordered a few small bottles of 70 percent VG from FSUSA. I just wanted more vapor. Whoa, it had tons of vapor. But the juice was rather thick and when I refilled my carts it would just kinda sit on top and pool. The flavor also seemed rather light. For some reason tho, the peach flavor juice had a strong TH despite being 70 percent VG.

My next order was 50/50 and it seems to flow and wick a lot better. Haven't tried the 50/50 peach yet, but the Max/boro is great. Wait, just noticed the peach is labeled 60/40. Good, I wanted to try that next anyway.

pyrocat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
hills of WV
For me it depends on the device I plan to use.

Right now my favorite is an 808 carto on an eGo battery and for this frankenvape and its warm carto I'm digging 50/50.

With my M401 attys I like 100% VG and with 510 attys I like 70/30.

It also depends on the alcohol & Nic content – both give an improved TH so I can enjoy the sweetness of higher VG.

I think it's important to play around and find what works best for you and your hardware.

-just a thought,
-Brian

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Lol ever since finding this forum i have been on a spending spree from hell.... Next week is going to be a BANNER week for deliveries.
21 5ml samples
syringes
mixing bottles
70/30 unflavored
BACON flavor... lol just had to try it
precision oilers
Not to mention for some reason, i JUST HAD TO order an ego kit from freedomsmokeusa, so now i have to find my happy "mix" for 2 kits now.
Lol BACON flavored sunflower seeds
and a snes-usb adaptor in a pear tree....

I really REALLY, need to stop spending for just a week lol...

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Supposedly going to get TON'S OF STUFF in the mail tomorrow...... lol now i want to take tomorrow off... Going to be a Vaping monkey!!! It's almost like christmas again...... i can't wait LOL

But for all my spending these last 2 weeks, i havent bought a single pack. I was buying 2 packs a day @ $11.30 x 15 days=169.50 Hell ive almost broken even already and ill have 2 complete ego's, 2 complete magma's with a ton of juice samples, attys, blank carts and all kinds of stuff. I will break even by next weekend........ Well unless i go on another freaking spending spree....LOL

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I just got a bunch of liquid that is 80/20 pg/vg and I have to say I love it. It has lots of flavor and throat hit while having much more vapor than my old juice which was 100% pg. I think the samplers I got are 50/50 they are nice too still have good flavor and TH. The 50/50 makes so much vapor I almost feel like Cheech and Chong. :lol:

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Lol when im not home my deliveries usually get dropped off at the managers office soooooo i went there first, lol 2 packages, come back check mail woohoo another package....... open screen door.... woohoo ANOTHER package..... Great Day!!! Only thing i think didnt come in was the ego kit...sniff lol and the bacon flavored sunflower seeds... Oh well i will just have to get by on testing everything else and different flavors on my magma probably get the evo tomorrow....YAY!!!

So now comes the question...... how much flavor do you add to unflavored? Is there an avg ratio? I will be mixing bacon flavor(lol i know had to) with blank 70/30. Say 1ml unflavored 70/30 24nic, how much flavor... just trying to find a start point and can go stronger later if need, just dont want to go to much right off the bat and end up with some kind of suicide bacon lol....

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Lol since im a noob i would be the last one to ask, but 80/20 seems to be a big improvement over the stock, although will be trying some 70/30 later, but i have seen peeps say they like 50/50 so honestly you kinda have to try different ones till you find what makes you happy as taste/throat hit, chest hit, and vapor seem to be subjective.

I am also noticeing that what you use to vape with adds to the math, my 7-11 cheapy seems to have vaped cooler than my magma, going to try some of these new stuff on it, and when i get my ego will probably have to find a new mix that works better for it also. It seems that peeps are going to low resisitance attys for more heat/throat hit... im starting to get the feeling i want a higher resistance less throat hit atty for me... Only time and trial and error can tell...

One great way to test alot and keep costs down is wait till sales on little 5ml samples, then get a bunch of different types 5ml is more than enough i think to get a feel if you like that mix and or flavor....

Obviously if im way off base, all the expeirienced peeps let me know lol...

Oh and to add just 1 more thing, even on this spending spree i have been on...... at this point i have enough juice to vape myself into a coma lol, and i will still have broken even by next friday buy not buying analogs anymore....

lol cant stop editing my own post..... also now i have to decide if im going to stick with 1 flavor till its gone or go flavor hopping.... Good thing i have extra atty's

Last edited:

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
Yup I just spent like $160 on liquid and another $45 on a USB pass-through 3 more attys and a drip tip. I have still only spent about what I would have spent for the month on analogs and I now have like 6 months or more of vaping stock. I'll probably be ordering more liquid next month though there are still more flavors I want to try, and some I got samples of that I'd like a 30ml bottle of. I like tobacco flavors and the others I like a variety. I think I have tried about 10 different flavors so far and have liked them all.

mk57nato

Aug 28, 2010
San diego
Omg either i mixed it too strong or who know's, but i wanted to GAG....... BACON WAS A FAIL!!! LOL

I can see fruits and mints, but i think that ended my foray into any type of meat flavor!! Lol who knows ill thin it out more let it steep and try it again later, but i am not holding out any hope.... On the bright side, the marlboro red flavor wasent bad, full flavored tobacco is decent also. Vanilla was good, and orange was good too. Guess i should make a list and edit it as i try them... lol ill do that later right now need to get the bacon out of my atty and get it clean for something else...

That and get that "TASTE' out of my mouth, hard to call it bacon for me...

Just wanted to add, this in no way says anything bad about any company....... just saying bacon did NOT agree with me....lol

Last edited:

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
yeh im with you mk57nato, since i have found this forum web site i have been going broke. but as with everything i do, my wife says i go to the excess, i have a gal of VG and a gal of PG so once i get my flavorings in and my nicotine, i think i will be set for a while, I am going to keep it all in the fridg so that it keeps.

:vapor:

As I understand it, I assume nicotine needs to be stored in an airtight, dark, cool and dry place, so stored in an airtight mason jar in the fridge or possibly even better in the freezer would be ideal, with some silica gel (packs in shoeboxes) to absorb any possible moisture.

From what I've read about propylene glycol, it should not be stored in a fridge. Apparently it is best kept cool, but not as cold as a fridge. I think the MSDS sheet I saw for PG mentioned around 15-25 degrees celsius, so room temperature or a little cooler would be ideal. I remember people mentioning a wine cellar would be good for storing PG. I'm not sure about VG but you can probably google vegetable glycerin MSDS and find some information on storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread