A Problem mixing PG and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I have a purchased liquid flavor that is one of my ADVs. I have recently found I need to reduce nicotine level and also to try to get my blends around 40 PG and 60 VG (I have some minor problems with PG). Consequently I have some bottles of this ADV that are higher nic and higher PG. So I ordered a similar amount with a lesser nic and different blend that will make approx 40/60 when I blend them (did the math on that already). I poured bottle A (50/50 blend) into my measuring test tube and then poured bottle B (20/80 blend) in. Since it is already flavored, both liquids are colored and they don't mix. Even with covering the top of the test tube and rocking gently back and forth they don't mix very well. I am about to put it in a dark glass bottle (final bottle for it) and wonder if I need to sit around shaking it like a paint can? I didn't know that the VG doesn't readily mix with the PG.

Any help with this would be appreciated. How do *you* get these two "bases" blended?

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
I have a purchased liquid flavor that is one of my ADVs. I have recently found I need to reduce nicotine level and also to try to get my blends around 40 PG and 60 VG (I have some minor problems with PG). Consequently I have some bottles of this ADV that are higher nic and higher PG. So I ordered a similar amount with a lesser nic and different blend that will make approx 40/60 when I blend them (did the math on that already). I poured bottle A (50/50 blend) into my measuring test tube and then poured bottle B (20/80 blend) in. Since it is already flavored, both liquids are colored and they don't mix. Even with covering the top of the test tube and rocking gently back and forth they don't mix very well. I am about to put it in a dark glass bottle (final bottle for it) and wonder if I need to sit around shaking it like a paint can? I didn't know that the VG doesn't readily mix with the PG.

Any help with this would be appreciated. How do *you* get these two "bases" blended?

I shake it like a paint can and let it sit for an hour until all of the air bubbles are gone, the air bubbles do not make a difference but you do want to shake them up good because you are trying to merge thin and thick liquid together instead of having it layer up.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
In a capped bottle with a small air space at the top, shake the hell out of it until you have equally distributed tiny bubbles throughout...let it sit a while and do it some more.

More is better ;)

Exactly what I do with my 20/80 neutralizer (for both nic levels and pg). Read somewhere to look for bubbles. They are tiny, and you will be happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread