Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
To say Alibaba is or isn't reputable is like saying is E-Bay reputable in the US.
The answer is yes the site itself IS reputable, but you have to ask if the seller is reputable.

The site itself has been making transactions online for years, in fact E-Bay is but a small player in Asia with Alibaba miles ahead.
It's important to know who you buy from the same way it is to buy from E-Bay, that's what makes it so difficult to answer that question.

In it's defense all major players of Chinese made e-cigs started on Alibaba, compaines like Kanger, Innokin, Sigeli and many others.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Thanks for the breakdown, makes more sense the way you explained it. I guess I just don't want to risk it and go with either a Samsung R25, LG HE2/4, or Sony VTC4 from Amazon (Amazon prime is a beautiful thing) or something

Well to be honest for batteries I wouldn't trust Amazon or E-Bay either. More counterfeits sold on those 2 than anywhere else.

If you want 100% guaranteed to be authentic batteries go with an authorized seller like this:
Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh | Sun-Vapers.com
or this...
http://www.rtdvapor.com/sony-xtar-lg-panasonic-samsung/

VTC5s are out of stock but it's been like that almost everywhere lately, if you can easily find them on Amazon before you can at authorized resellers they're usually fakes.

And make sure to read this:
How to spot a fake Sony VTC5 battery

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the breakdown, makes more sense the way you explained it. I guess I just don't want to risk it and go with either a Samsung R25, LG HE2/4, or Sony VTC4 from Amazon (Amazon prime is a beautiful thing) or something

I only buy batteries from my list of known good suppliers:

Illumination Supply
RTD Vapor
Lighthound
Orbtronic
Battery Junction

There are more good ones, but these are the ones I researched and am comfortable with. I would never buy from an unknown supplier because of the chances of getting counterfeits. I don't know of any VTC5's out there that are authentic right now, anywhere.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
All of the AW batteries sold on Alibaba are counterfeit. (AW does not sell to Chinese vendors)

Many of the batteries sold on Ebay and Amazon are counterfeit (and likely originally came from Alibaba).

For authentic genuine name-brand batteries, purchase from:

Illumination Supply
RTD Vapor
Lighthound
Orbtronic
Battery Junction

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Rtd dude ,rtd.

Good prices , decent shipping and faaaassst delivery.

Alibaba is only good for a reseller looking for a vender.

to add what others said if someone sells public retail direct on alibaba it is time to be nervous the better companies listed require you to call and set up a reseller acount with them directly using alibaba as a company contact page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread