Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks. So you'd say illumination supply is a reputable place to buy batteries. And 20 amp should be fine for the 1.2 to 2 ohm range I want to be in? I'm still trying to find a post showing how to get there. What gauge wire, what size drill bit, and how many wraps.

I've bought from Illumination Supply in the past and now that I know they test their batteries I consider them even more a known good supplier. Works for me, but as always, YMMV :)

At 1.2 ohms and 4.2 volts, you're drawing 3.5 amps.

Here's the Steam Engine online coil calculator. In my experience, if I input accurate data, it tells me what my coil resistance will be and it's pretty accurate. You still have to check the resistance to make sure all is well, but you should not be far off.

The Steam Engine website also has an Ohm's law calculator that will help you figure out the amp draw on your batteries. Just input two variables and click calculate and it will fill in the rest.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I get all my battery's from non-vaping sites. They're somewhat cheaper and there isn't the as much desire to counterfeit. Amazon is your friend.

My problem with Amazon is I have to research each supplier to make sure they're good. Battery price doesn't mean that much to me. Here's why.

This certainly does not mean you can't do well on Amazon, I've bought my share of stuff there, it's just that for me it boils down to my comfort level with the supplier's reputation is much more important than a couple of bucks saved over a year.

Auxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2014
Zvejniekciems, Latvia
If someone wants to go full ...... and vape at ultra high wattage, then there are 26650 batteries, which can handle 50 and even 120 Amps. And if that is not enough, then there are laboratory grade power supplies (stationary of course), which can handle kilowatts of energy at higher voltage. Just put 510 connector on them and kill yourself with insanely big cloud!

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
If someone wants to go full ...... and vape at ultra high wattage, then there are 26650 batteries, which can handle 50 and even 120 Amps. And if that is not enough, then there are laboratory grade power supplies (stationary of course), which can handle kilowatts of energy at higher voltage. Just put 510 connector on them and kill yourself with insanely big cloud!

Really? None of the available 26650 batteries have continuous current discharge ratings like that.

Yep. It's a bigger battery. 26650's sport higher mAh ratings. That is about it.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Thanks ImThatGuy :). I've seen these before. They are LiFePO4 not straight LiPo, but looking at the specs the 26650s do 70A continuous and rate 2500 mAh. That is of course at 3.6V max, comparable to about 60A at 4.2V. Not too shabby for power, but they're not going to last long per charge at their max output. Cycle life is very good though and I believe they are very safe.

The 18650 is only rated 30A continuous and 1100 mAh, not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread