Is it bad to vape too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
1 cartridge a day at 16mg is way under average. I wouldn't worry about that being too much.

I'm not sure what you've been told about the nicotine content, so here's roughly how it goes:

1 cigarette has roughly 10mg of nicotine in it, and you absorb around 1mg of that. That is what the mg rating is for on the cigarette boxes; not the total nicotine content but the average amount absorbed. So you can say there's about a 10% absorption rate.

Now you see that 16mg is 16 cigarettes worth per millilitre after absorption but you still have an absorption rate to go for ecigs as well. There is no set level for this with ecigs but it's generally assumed to be around 10% as well. Therefore, that one cartridge if it's 1ml in size is roughly equal to one and a half cigarettes of absorbed nicotine; 10% of 16mg = 1.6mg and 1 cig after absorption was 1mg.

I need 8 - 4mg but up to 4ml of it in one day. One standard cartridge is maybe around 0.5 - 1ml so you aren't getting much nicotine really. The average amount vaped per day is around 2 - 3ml.

With all that said and done, what really matters is how much you feel like you need.

* (proof for average amount vaped)

dfdfdefd.jpg

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Denise D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Lake Tahoe USA
16mg is the strength of your nicotine, and that is about Medium strength (24-36mg is High and 6-8mg is Low). I don't know how many drops or ml your cartridge holds, but if it is just an ordinary cartridge that is not much for a day.

Plus most people vape more when they first start. Also most spend more time vaping than they did smoking, partly because you don't absorb as much nicotine from vaping as you do from an analog. When I first started here at ECF, someone posted that we are all experts at regulating our nicotine use (you probably consistantly smoked about the same number of analogs every day) and I believe that to be very true.

Welcome to ECF and Vaping!

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I have various nic levels of my favorite pre-mixed juices because I make all of my own e-liquid. When I am in the mood to chain vape, I have no nicotine juice. I also make 6mg juice, 12 mg, 18mg, and 24mg. I figure that gives me enough options to Vape as much or little as I please without going into a nic coma.

LeAnn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Urbana, Illinois, United States
I vape 9 differnt PV's in one day and refill every morning but I only vape at 6-12 mg and I don't suck on it all day,when I started a year and Half ago I vaped 24-30mgs and cut that down pretty quickly cause I loved to vape and it was giving me headaches, which I hardly ever get, so your body will tell you if you are getting too much nic. It also depends on how much you smoked. It seemed to me the more I smoked analogs the more I wanted to smoke, it's the opposite with e-cigs, the more I vaped the less I needed the nic and the more flavors I wanted, so it's all up to the individual.

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
Yes, it's bad to vape too much. Just as it can be bad to do anything too much. However, your current level of vaping is probably not going to cause an overdose of nicotine if that is what you're worried about. Listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs. If you find that you're craving analogs, up the nic level a bit and/or vape more. As was stated above, nicotine overdose is not something that you won't notice if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread