Is PG vapour really deadly harmful and toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this post on another forum, do you think this is legit? Just did the same experiment on my grass to see. I think he's talking a load of CODSWALLOP, but what do you guys think?????

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is. It ate my grass in 3 days. You can now see a yellow circle the size of an apple exactly where I emptied the bottle. When I tasted a drop on my lips, it burnt a lot. As if I touched the poles of a 9 volt battery. Actually worse than that. I rinsed a lot and switched to another liquid that did not burn. A week later, I got very ill. I can’t describe it. Too embarrassing. It affected my internal organs to the point I saw blood. I won’t go into details. You all go ahead and inhale it. But for those who want to listen, I feel responsible to share my story. It destroys your cells. It changes your dna sequence. Mutation might show on yourself or your future children. The reason antifreeze fluids for cars have a blue color is to distinguish them from water. If an animal drinks a little antifreeze, it could very much result in the death of an animal. Antifreeze has Propylene Glycol in it. Also, avoid skin lotions with PG in them. The ones without PG do exist and they are more expensive but healthier. At any cost, avoid PG.
- See more at: Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Saw this post on another forum, do you think this is legit? Just did the same experiment on my grass to see. I think he's talking a load of CODSWALLOP, but what do you guys think?????

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is

I agree it is nasty stuff Shurbet. I've been using it since 2012 and it has been the bain of my existence since then. Really nasty I tell you, really nasty stuff. Even my dog stays away from it ;) and I trust her explicitly in these things.

Whatever you do, don't use this stuff. It melts lead and copper and it destroys the lawn too. Hate the stuff.

vape on :thumb:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
hmmmmmmmmm okayy... nicotine will kill grass in hi enuf doses. Its also used as a "natural" insecticide too. and antifreeze...PG... yup its in it because its safer than ethylene glycol ( the stuff that harms)... altho some people have a sensitivity to PG but it wont kill them at the levels and dose we use it for...

Scrotaur

Jan 4, 2014
Oakville, CT 06779
Isn't ethylene glycol that is the bad stuff in antifreeze? I thought PG antifreeze was the non toxic kind. From my experience if the English in the post doesn't quite make sense I ignore the "information". It's also good to read someone else other posts so you know if they're just someone who's spreading misinformation. I don't think the dna mutation is real either, it still can't be as bad as sunlight.

I hope my grammar is correct. I talk english good.

dchemist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Benton, Arkansas
Pink antifreeze contains Propylene Glycol. Most people refer to it as RV antifreeze or Marine antifreeze. Wondering why? Let me tell you! It because in RV's it's what you put in your water lines (yes even clean water lines) when winterizing your RV. In boats, you run it through your water pump when winterizing your motor. It's also commonly used to winterize your lines and pump in swimming pools. All this because it's safe to drink, safe for the aquatic life, and safe to swim in.

Is it safe to Vape? The studies are still out. Based on my own experience, I believe it to be safer then the 20+ cigarettes I was smoking per day.

Yes I'm still using an S3 'cause I spent all my money on Vaping!

dchemist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Benton, Arkansas

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is. It ate my grass in 3 days. You can now see a yellow circle the size of an apple exactly where I emptied the bottle. When I tasted a drop on my lips, it burnt a lot. As if I touched the poles of a 9 volt battery. Actually worse than that. I rinsed a lot and switched to another liquid that did not burn. A week later, I got very ill. I can’t describe it. Too embarrassing. It affected my internal organs to the point I saw blood. I won’t go into details. You all go ahead and inhale it. But for those who want to listen, I feel responsible to share my story. It destroys your cells. It changes your DNA sequence. Mutation might show on yourself or your future children. The reason antifreeze fluids for cars have a blue color is to distinguish them from water. If an animal drinks a little antifreeze, it could very much result in the death of an animal. Antifreeze has Propylene Glycol in it. Also, avoid skin lotions with PG in them. The ones without PG do exist and they are more expensive but healthier. At any cost, avoid PG.
- See more at: Propylene Glycol vs. Vegetable Glycerin E-Liquid | E-Cigarette Reviews and Rankings

Oh my head is spinning! Like a dumb ... I followed the link over to the other thread. The misinformation over there is mind boggling! If the rest of the forum is like that I would suggest considering canceling the membership.

Yes I'm still using an S3 'cause I spent all my money on Vaping!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana

All of you please try to stop inhaling that liquid. I sacrifice half of a 10 ml bottle on my grass to see how caustic it is. It ate my grass in 3 days. You can now see a yellow circle the size of an apple exactly where I emptied the bottle. When I tasted a drop on my lips, it burnt a lot. As if I touched the poles of a 9 volt battery. Actually worse than that. I rinsed a lot and switched to another liquid that did not burn. A week later, I got very ill. I can’t describe it. Too embarrassing. It affected my internal organs to the point I saw blood. I won’t go into details. You all go ahead and inhale it. But for those who want to listen, I feel responsible to share my story. It destroys your cells. It changes your DNA sequence. Mutation might show on yourself or your future children. The reason antifreeze fluids for cars have a blue color is to distinguish them from water. If an animal drinks a little antifreeze, it could very much result in the death of an animal. Antifreeze has Propylene Glycol in it. Also, avoid skin lotions with PG in them. The ones without PG do exist and they are more expensive but healthier. At any cost, avoid PG.

What a joke , the whole thing is a shill for the cigalike companies to start off with , look at their rankings , bunch of assclowns running that show , too bad that misinformation like that is hurting people by turning them against vaping .

Propylene glycol is considered generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as a preservative in food.

Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[16] and propionaldehyde (a potentially hazardous substance).

Serious toxicity generally occurs only at plasma concentrations over 1 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time.[20] It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG. Cases of propylene glycol poisoning are usually related to either inappropriate intravenous administration or accidental ingestion of large quantities by children

Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts

I think it's funny how some say pg or even vg is oil based. If that was the case. How come the pg or vg doesn't separate with the water that in e-liquid? People are misinformed. Then instead of thinking for their self's and figuring out if what they heard was true. They act like complete idiots and spread these ......ed claims.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

dakotabear

Jun 6, 2014
Upper Midwest
I think it's funny how some say pg or even vg is oil based. If that was the case. How come the pg or vg doesn't separate with the water that in e-liquid? People are misinformed. Then instead of thinking for their self's and figuring out if what they heard was true. They act like complete idiots and spread these ......ed claims.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Theres a few reps in our state legislature that fit that description perfectly when they tried to ban Ecigs in public this year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but the glycol that is in antifreeze that is bad is ethylene not propylene... major difference... I think someone has already pointed out the PG used in anti-freeze that is meant for potable water lines, etc....

Someone had to mean that post as a joke... or least that is where I went when it started talking about DNA mutations... Kinda funny actually if you look at the right way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread