Is PG vapour really deadly harmful and toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Considering that the alcohol evaporates rather fast in a typical cup of coffee, I'm not surprised. Losses would be extreme and fast.

That's true, to an extent, but once, I forgot that I had already added the 1/2-tsp, and added another 1/2-tsp; about a third of the way thru the cup, I started feeling that all-over tingle, especially in the extremities -- that was the feeling I used to crave, the feeling after about half a beer, and it scared the bejeebers out of me... the alcoholic part of my mind was going "down it! down it fast! nobody will know!!!" But the saner part of me realized that even if NOBODY knew, my body would know, and there could easily be repercussions to my sobriety, at that time about 10 yrs of very hard-won sobriety. So I dumped it out, and it was quite a while till I risked that 1/2-tsp again.

PG is non-intoxicating anyway, and it's not following the same pathways. We spend our lives immersed in alcohols that we can handle easily, don't make us drunk, and don't cause hangovers. Nobody gets buzzed from cholesterol.

True, however I'm quite unable to digest it -- no eggs or fatty beef for me, if I eat beef at all, it has to be the ABSOLUTE leanest I can find. I found out about a year ago that I have gallstones, which explains to me why I'm so intolerant of cholesterol, my gallbladder probably doesn't make bile, or it can't excrete it to the duodenum, which means there is nothing in my digestive tract to digest the cholesterol, and it causes me godawful symptoms -- nausea, gas, ........, abdom. pain, just awful stuff. So I leave eggs alone and only eat the absolute leanest beef I can find.

As for my ankles... not really *worried*, more like concerned, mainly that I'm so dehydrated as to show that evident a symptom. So I'm trying to increase my water intake still further, but it's difficult, in the absence of a catheter. :D

Andria

That's true, to an extent, but once, I forgot that I had already added the 1/2-tsp, and added another 1/2-tsp; about a third of the way thru the cup, I started feeling that all-over tingle, especially in the extremities -- that was the feeling I used to crave, the feeling after about half a beer, and it scared the bejeebers out of me... the alcoholic part of my mind was going "down it! down it fast! nobody will know!!!" But the saner part of me realized that even if NOBODY knew, my body would know, and there could easily be repercussions to my sobriety, at that time about 10 yrs of very hard-won sobriety. So I dumped it out, and it was quite a while till I risked that 1/2-tsp again.

Quite wise of you. :) I'm not a vanilla sort of person, although I do like that one coffee creamer that people sometimes bring in. It's quite good in my tea (I detest coffee).

I have a cousin battling with this disease at the moment, but he's not doing that well. I do hope that he reaches your level of insight and health someday. Sigh.

True, however I'm quite unable to digest it -- no eggs or fatty beef for me, if I eat beef at all, it has to be the ABSOLUTE leanest I can find. I found out about a year ago that I have gallstones, which explains to me why I'm so intolerant of cholesterol, my gallbladder probably doesn't make bile, or it can't excrete it to the duodenum, which means there is nothing in my digestive tract to digest the cholesterol, and it causes me godawful symptoms -- nausea, gas, ........, abdom. pain, just awful stuff. So I leave eggs alone and only eat the absolute leanest beef I can find.

I had mine out ages ago when it up and died, so I know the feeling. While it was complaining, all that stuff was a huge no-no.

Nowadays, I may not digest it well, but I do sort of digest it. And the nausea is gone, completely.

As for my ankles... not really *worried*, more like concerned, mainly that I'm so dehydrated as to show that evident a symptom. So I'm trying to increase my water intake still further, but it's difficult, in the absence of a catheter. :D

Ditto, although moderate activity seems to help a lot with the ankle thing--fortunately, I have two thousand square feet of flower garden. I vape 10 ml to 14 ml per day, so I'm constantly sucking down fluids to counter the dry-mouth.

Andria[/QUOTE]

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Quite wise of you. :) I'm not a vanilla sort of person, although I do like that one coffee creamer that people sometimes bring in. It's quite good in my tea (I detest coffee).

I have a cousin battling with this disease at the moment, but he's not doing that well. I do hope that he reaches your level of insight and health someday. Sigh.

It's a monster of a disease, and I really think a form of organic insanity -- it's really impossible to realize that you even have a problem, till it's kicked your .... up one side and down the other, and sometimes not even then. What got to me, loud and clear, was the realization that continuing to drink meant I was going to be worshipping the porcelain goddess on a daily basis, and I don't EVER want to do that again, nevermind daily. My mom kept drinking till she actually had cirrhosis, nevermind the diabetes that she already knew about, so.. insanity? Can't think of a better word to describe it. But for me it's been a fairly simple matter -- a friend in the "program," when I once confessed to having some awful cravings for a beer, said "well Andria, have you changed your opinion of throwing up?" NO!! NOT ONLY NO, BUT ____ NO!!! JUST KILL ME FIRST! So as long as I have that response to the idea of throwing up, and know for a fact that drinking will cause it, I think my sobriety is pretty safe. :D

Ditto, although moderate activity seems to help a lot with the ankle thing--fortunately, I have two thousand square feet of flower garden. I vape 10 ml to 14 ml per day, so I'm constantly sucking down fluids to counter the dry-mouth.

I'm normally completely rabid about gardening, but this spring I was a little preoccupied with quitting smoking, vaping, and the ECF... ;) By next spring, the novelty will have worn off, so I can get back to my usual dirt-under-the-nails activities, and my front border will look as nice as it did last year. It looks awful right now, but hey, I don't smoke anymore! :banana: So the garden can survive without me for a while. Roses are tough. :D And the daylilies around the mailbox are doing just fine with their benign-neglect regimen.

Andria

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
Anything and everything, including water, oxygen and sunshine, is harmful if you get too much of it. Conversely, just about anything and everything, in sufficient moderation, is reasonably safe. This is a common sense thing. I think some people just want to believe there really is a scary boogie-man behind every tree. If you pay attention and listen to your body and your conscience, you'll probably be fine. The stress on the body caused by worrying about every little thing is probably more dangerous than the actual things people are worrying too much about.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
at some point they were given to asthma patients to clear up airways.. talk about odd stuff..

Yep... cigarettes used to be called "asthma cigarettes". I think it's because they make you cough -- which is a good thing if you have asthma. My morning routine always included 1) hit the inhaler a few times, then 2) light a cigarette -- since I used the inhaler first, it opened the bronchioles, and the coughing was effective in getting rid of mucus. When I first started vaping, after a couple weeks, I found that my chest was tight, I couldn't cough up, and that was distressing, because it felt like I needed to. Once I hit the 3 month point, my lungs had apparently regrown their "cleaning mechanism" (cilia) and now in the morning, I *can* cough up, but there isn't much there -- yay! I'd call that a major WIN! With asthma, I will probably always have to cough up a bit in the morning, just from the night-long shallow breathing while sleeping, but now there's not NEARLY so much junk to get rid of, so it's not nearly as tiring, stressful, and plain old gross as it was when I was a smoker.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread