Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I think it would depend upon the nic level that you're using. Any level that you are vaping (up to 36mg) is most likely relatively harmless to you...wipe it off your skin and carry on. If you're handling anything higher than that (DIY mixing), it is recommended to take standard precaution protection measures (gloves, protective eyewear, etc.) ~ if contact with skin, wash area immediately with soap and water. It is important to note that nicotine can be absorbed through the skin. I am sure others will chime in here with links to more relevant information.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
It also depends on what kind of juice you're using (PG vs VG)... I DIY my own juice and start with 60mg strength to work my way down. My nic juice has a VG base (I don't use PG) and the stuff is so thick that it doesn't seem to absorb into my skin so well. I've even tried to drop a couple drops onto my skin on airplane trips to get my fix (at 60mg strength) and it hasn't been too effective. PG, which is much thinner, would have a much more pronounced effect.

I'd certainly take precautions when DIY mixing with either PG or VG, but especially with thinner liquids and higher nic strengths.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you get 24mg 18mg etc on your skin and you are an adult, then it's no big deal. Just wash it off and it may cause some irritation. If you get it in your eye then flush your eye really well and you may want to use some soothing eyedrops because your eye could get very irritated.

If a child or pet gets 24mg 18mg etc on themselves then that is more dangerous. To a child or pet 1/4 your weight, 24mg is like 100mg.

tresrottn

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Bothell, WA
In order for the juice to be harmful, you would practically have to bathe in it long enough to build up 50mg of nicotine *in your system*, and long before that, your body would be telling you, by means of a wicked killer headache that you are ingesting too much nicotine. Of course, we DIY mixers of the bottles of 100mg Nic wouldn't be silly enough to be splashing around in it, the stuff is too danged expensive to do that with! LOL

This doesn't preclude just being sensible!! The stuff is sticky and icky anyway, right? So, if you get it on you, just wash it off.

If you are concerned about overdose, look up the symptoms for nicotine poisoning. If you fell asleep on your desk, and spilled your bottle of 100mg Nic and you slept in it for a bit, then call your poison control center.

Honestly, I am not making light of it, just that you would really have to make an effort to harm yourself with the ejuice. It would take a really long time, and prolly not work all that well. Rather, just enjoy it and remember it's been proven that you DIE from smoking cigarettes and you can overdose from drinking too much water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread