Is the vegetable glycerin containing palm oil harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 19066009" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
It's what my body is feeling.
I never coughed because of smoking, I cough because of vaping. In these moments my wife goes antz.
You didn't damage your lungs and airways before you started smoking.

Now they're damaged and you're adjusting to something new.

What did you think was going to happen?

Tapatyped

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
You didn't damage your lungs and airways before you started smoking.

Now they're damaged and you're adjusting to something new.

What did you think was going to happen?

Tapatyped
I did not damage my lungs before I was born. My mother gave me birth. According to you, all damage I've got over the years is her's fault...

Reactions: anavidfan

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 19066479" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
I did not damage my lungs before I was born. My mother gave me birth. According to you, all damage I've got over the years is her's fault...
Let's not act childish.

Let's not throw insults.

What do you say we act grown for a change?

Tapatyped

Reactions: Bad Ninja

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It's what my body is feeling.
I never coughed because of smoking, I cough because of vaping. In these moments my wife goes antz.

Thats because (now these are things some studies , somewhere, done by somebody :) )
Supposedly the cigarette companies put all sorts of "stuff" to keep us comfortable and feeling good in the mix.

There is supposed to be antihistamines, anti-inflammatory, etc in with the little bit of actual tobacco.

On top of the normal withdrawal symptoms , you now have the side effects of withdrawing from all the other goodies.

Its not something that I feel is so outrageous. They want to keep their smokers feeling good.

I saw it posted somewhere on either ECF or VU along with a link to a page that had the research etc.

With our "dangerous" liquids, there is ( or should be ) only PG/VG and flavor and nicotine.
Maybe we need some Mucinex or Sudafed in our liquid too :)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Thats because (now these are things some studies , somewhere, done by somebody :) )
Supposedly the cigarette companies put all sorts of "stuff" to keep us comfortable and feeling good in the mix.

There is supposed to be antihistamines, anti-inflammatory, etc in with the little bit of actual tobacco.

On top of the normal withdrawal symptoms , you now have the side effects of withdrawing from all the other goodies.

Its not something that I feel is so outrageous. They want to keep their smokers feeling good.

I saw it posted somewhere on either ECF or VU along with a link to a page that had the research etc.

With our "dangerous" liquids, there is ( or should be ) only PG/VG and flavor and nicotine.
Maybe we need some Mucinex or Sudafed in our liquid too :)
Find Andrea.

She's into all that.

Knows it all by name and by heart.

Tapatyped

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

Perhaps it is my advanced age and loss of mental acuity but I did not follow your reasoning and I usually do, could you elaborate?

Reactions: beckdg

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Perhaps it is my advanced age and loss of mental acuity but I did not follow your reasoning and I usually do, could you elaborate?
I was getting tired of attempts to blame everything that happens with health on smoking. I had not smoked for three years. And I never had any "side effects" when I was a smoker.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I never knew for sure why she left but I enjoyed and learned from her posts.
Yes sir.

Even when she was wrong there was a lesson to be learned.

Eager to learn. Eager to share. Eager to teach. Outgoing on the Forum.

I even enjoyed when we disagreed.

But apparently something happened here with the moderator and she's never coming back.

Don't know what her username is but I'm pretty sure you can find her over at VU.

That was around the same time the one user helped design that rebuildable tank.

There was a big going on about moderation expecting her to become Forum supplier and pay for the rights to not be able to post in the regular section despite her not making any monetary gains out of the Endeavor.

I think that might have had something to do with it.

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I was getting tired of attempts to blame everything that happens with health on smoking. I had not smoked for three years. And I never had any "side effects" when I was a smoker.
Makes sense. Might as well move on to the next best thing and blame that. Seems that pattern has never stopped. Logically if you got tired of that pattern you should stop that pattern instead of forwarding it you're next habit.

I have no idea why you think your opinion differs from anybody else here.

But anyone who thinks that inhaling anything but fresh clean air is as harmless as inhaling fresh clean air is an idiot.

However that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is whether or not a particular source of glycerin is particularly harmful.

Unfortunately for those that paid attention we noticed that the link provided go to an article about the study as opposed 2 the study itself.

Which renders this discussion moot completely until there is something worthwhile to actually discuss.

Rubbing an anecdote and an assumption together does not Grant the genie the wish of evidence nor conclusion.

If one were to want information on glycerin that is better or worse for your health they could look in the stickies in the DIY forum and find information on the jatropha plant.

With just a little more effort they can also find that the cleanest and safest glycerin is probably the synthetic version produced by Dow Chemical.

However the price is astronomical.

So how about if you're going to entertain this discussion you bring something substantial or even useful to the discussion.

Instead of childish remarks about how I said something about your mother.

There is something to be said about the difference between intelligence and education.

Tapatyped

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Ninja

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Makes sense. Might as well move on to the next best thing and blame that. Seems that pattern has never stopped. Logically if you got tired of that pattern you should stop that pattern instead of forwarding it you're next habit.

I have no idea why you think your opinion differs from anybody else here.

But anyone who thinks that inhaling anything but fresh clean air is as harmless as inhaling fresh clean air is an idiot.

However that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The topic of this thread is whether or not a particular source of glycerin is particularly harmful.

Unfortunately for those that paid attention we noticed that the link provided go to an article about the study as opposed 2 the study itself.

Which renders this discussion moot completely until there is something worthwhile to actually discuss.

Rubbing an anecdote and an assumption together does not Grant the genie the wish of evidence nor conclusion.

If one were to want information on glycerin that is better or worse for your health they could look in the stickies in the DIY forum and find information on the jatropha plant.

With just a little more effort they can also find that the cleanest and safest glycerin is probably the synthetic version produced by Dow Chemical.

However the price is astronomical.

So how about if you're going to entertain this discussion you bring something substantial or even useful to the discussion.

Instead of childish remarks about how I said something about your mother.

There is something to be said about the difference between intelligence and education.

Tapatyped
I took his remarks regarding blaming his mother as sarcasm. Don't make me have to throw a flag for overuse of the word "childish" that's a 15 yard penalty. also if that were me you were going at I would have counterargued with the word "compensating" again though I like reserving that for Bad Ninja Breath he's more fun haha :D

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I took his remarks regarding blaming his mother as sarcasm. Don't make me have to throw a flag for overuse of the word "childish" that's a 15 yard penalty. also if that were me you were going at I would have counterargued with the word "compensating" again though I like reserving that for Bad Ninja Breath he's more fun haha :D
We have history. ;)

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread