Is there really such thing as as a no steep recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I have found these to be in my wheelhouse for shake and vapes:
upload_2017-1-4_1-29-1.png

Not my own recipe; author/source unknown.
This is more savory than sweet (yes; I know it has a lot of Honey in it) with a nice balance of cream, sweet, and tea. If the Earl Grey is too strong, or I am not in a bergamot mood, I also like this subbing TFA's Green Tea at the same percentage for the Earl Grey (the green tea also lets more of the sweet through too).

upload_2017-1-4_1-35-22.png

Author credits can be found in first line of Notes.
I am more than a bit of a lemon-head (I love all things lemon). This is a light fruit forward, cream in the background, vape. The only thing this doesn't have is a noticeable "sour" (I find too much sour makes my recipes to sharp) though I imagine you could bump the Sour percentage to your liking. Don't mix more than you expect to vape in a week or two or you will likely find the lemon fades and the vanilla swirl takes over. 2 or 3 drops of lemon juice (the kind you buy at the grocery store) can help the "realness" of the lemon but it tends to fade quickly (3-4 days(ish)). I have gotten out of the habit of adding it.

upload_2017-1-4_1-40-32.png

Author credit in the first line of the Notes.
This is a rich, sweet, caramel(y), butterscotch(y) forward with a nice toasted almond in the background. Original recipe called for Pistachio-TFA in place of the Toasted Almond (at the same percentage) and it was good too... I just happen to prefer the TA. Though this might be considered a "Tobacco" recipe (with the high percentage of RY4) I can perceive no "tobacco note" to it unless it becomes more than a month old. Then I start to get a hint of tobacco (pipe?) creeping into it. And then it is still quite slight. I have actually done riffs on this one to intentionally try to bring out more of a tobacco note.

A FURTHER NOTE ON ALL THREE: I have personally found all three of these to be perfectly good as shake-N-vape recipes (your experience may be different). However, they will change/develop further with time: the tea mellows, and becomes a more unified blend of flavors; the Lemon will lose its lemony freshness and becomes more ice cream like; the Scutch becomes rounder, richer, and looses some of its sweet "stickiness" (I actually can find it a bit too sweet to be vaped all day for the first week or so but people with a sweet tooth may find this right up their alley) and if you let it go for a month or more you might be able to start to get a hint of tobacco (though I rarely have any that will last me that long ;)).

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@IDJoel did you know you can right-click between the recipe and notes area and choose 'copy recipe as plain text (basic recipe)' to copy the flavors/percents/notes to your clipboard then paste that into a post, instead of having to screen shot, upload, etc?
I did know that it was there but I haven't had the guts to try it yet. Thanks for reminding me. I thought I had seen a comment on HotRod's thread that is was only marginally successful on the forums; I will give it a go next time. :)
Using the windows snipping tool isn't a chore though; I have it pinned to my task bar so I just click to open, click on new, size the box to the portion I want, click the copy icon, return to my post-in-progress and hit <control>v and its done. (If you find the print too small to be read easily you can click on the clipping and it will enlarge to full size... it help my old eyes. ;))

I appreciate you trying to make my life a little easier! Thanks!! :thumbs:

Reactions: Kenna

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Using the windows snipping tool isn't a chore though; I have it pinned to my task bar so I just click to open, click on new, size the box to the portion I want, click the copy icon, return to my post-in-progress and hit <control>v and its done.
Thanks, Learn something every day. :)

upload_2017-1-4_6-59-54.png

LOTS QUICKER than using photoshop like i was before. :D

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I did know that it was there but I haven't had the guts to try it yet. Thanks for reminding me. I thought I had seen a comment on HotRod's thread that is was only marginally successful on the forums; I will give it a go next time. :)
Using the windows snipping tool isn't a chore though; I have it pinned to my task bar so I just click to open, click on new, size the box to the portion I want, click the copy icon, return to my post-in-progress and hit <control>v and its done. (If you find the print too small to be read easily you can click on the clipping and it will enlarge to full size... it help my old eyes. ;))

I appreciate you trying to make my life a little easier! Thanks!! :thumbs:
The one I mentioned ('copy recipe as plain text (basic recipe)') is the one that works best for me. The one for ECF BB Code is FUBAR.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks, Learn something every day. :)

View attachment 626003

LOTS QUICKER than using photoshop like i was before. :D
I'm glad you found it useful @Burnie. I also pinned it to my task bar so it is always handy (right-clicking the snipping tool icon should reveal an option to pin it... if you choose to do so). :D

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Here's one of my recipes I vape every day, all Inawera flavors:

for 20 ml, use 17.5 ml of your base, plus

15 drops coconut
12 drops peach
9 drops strawberry
6 drops vanilla tahiti
5 drops mango

Shake it & vape it! If you need a name for it, I call it "1001 Nights" because it just keeps telling me exotic, magical stories. :p

(Sorry about the "drops," but that's how Inawera usually refers to measurements using their flavors. They say that there's 200 drops in a 10 ml bottle, so 1 ml would be about 20 drops. If that helps.)

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Been using this recipe everyday since 2/15.
A recipe by Sgt. Rock on this forum.

All TFA
2% Menthol
2% Koolada
7% Creme de Menthe
8% Sweet Cream
1-2% Toasted Marshmellow

I tried a FW CdM and didn't care for the flavor, went back to TFA
Also tried TFA Marshmellow and went back to Toasted.

I started with 30 ml batches and now make 90 ml batches, but over the two years with equipement upgrades the 90 mls. last about the same amount of time the 30 ml batches used to last me.

I use (now) about 8mls a day (1 boreas tank) so I mix about every 11-12 days and I don't really experience a flavor change with this mix. ( this is heavy sweet cream, don't know what it would taste like if I gave it a 4 week steep)

I smoked methol (Salems) for 39 yrs and this one just does it for me. I never had any luck with peppermint or spearment or wintergreen. They always ended up tasting like bad mouthwash or toothpaste to me.

I love TFA Creme de Menthe!!!

Good luck, happy mixing

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

All TFA
2% Menthol
2% Koolada
7% Creme de Menthe
8% Sweet Cream
1-2% Toasted Marshmellow

I tried a FW CdM and didn't care for the flavor, went back to TFA
Also tried TFA Marshmellow and went back to Toasted.

I started with 30 ml batches and now make 90 ml batches, but over the two years with equipement upgrades the 90 mls. last about the same amount of time the 30 ml batches used to last me.

I use (now) about 8mls a day (1 boreas tank) so I mix about every 11-12 days and I don't really experience a flavor change with this mix. ( this is heavy sweet cream, don't know what it would taste like if I gave it a 4 week steep)

I smoked methol (Salems) for 39 yrs and this one just does it for me. I never had any luck with peppermint or spearment or wintergreen. They always ended up tasting like bad mouthwash or toothpaste to me.

I love TFA Creme de Menthe!!!

Good luck, happy mixing

I smoked menthols too! This recipe looks delicious I have everything except I don't have toasted marshmallow just regular marshmallow. How do you think that would taste?
I can't stand Wintergreen either

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Here's one of my recipes I vape every day, all Inawera flavors:

for 20 ml, use 17.5 ml of your base, plus

15 drops coconut
12 drops peach
9 drops strawberry
6 drops vanilla tahiti
5 drops mango

Shake it & vape it! If you need a name for it, I call it "1001 Nights" because it just keeps telling me exotic, magical stories. :p

(Sorry about the "drops," but that's how Inawera usually refers to measurements using their flavors. They say that there's 200 drops in a 10 ml bottle, so 1 ml would be about 20 drops. If that helps.)

I use drops too because I am lazy! So your recipe is perfect for me I have everything but vanilla Tahiti. Do you think vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla swirl would work in its place?

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
I've tried both marshmellows, I think I ran out of toasted so I ordered both and gave the plain marshmellow a try. It was good, but I think I was used to the flavor already and went back to toasted because I liked it just the way it was.
Give it a try with marshmellow. It just lifts the sweetness without having to use a sweetener.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I've tried both marshmellows, I think I ran out of toasted so I ordered both and gave the plain marshmellow a try. It was good, but I think I was used to the flavor already and went back to toasted because I liked it just the way it was.
Give it a try with marshmellow. It just lifts the sweetness without having to use a sweetener.

Thanks! So what do you think is the optimum steep time for this?

Reactions: Kenna

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I vape this fresh. No idea if waiting would make a difference.
I vape thru 90 mls of this in about 11 days. When I empty my bottle on tank fill, its time to mix. I use (now) a 60 and 30 ml bottle.
I usually mix late at night and I am using the next day.

I am very excited that you say you shake and a Vape this. I just finished mixing it up I think I'll try some now!!!!!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

All TFA
2% Menthol
2% Koolada
7% Creme de Menthe
8% Sweet Cream
1-2% Toasted Marshmellow
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it might just be in my wheelhouse AND I have all ingredients :shock:. I tried to source original post for recipe but I couldn't find any Sgt. Rock on ECF and you provided no recipe name. Do you have the name for this (I try to credit/site original material in my records whenever possible)? Thanks. :)

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
@IDJoel, can't find the thread. It was definitely on this forum and definitely Sgt. Rock.
It was given by him within a thread (no name I can remember) as a starting point recipe. And at some later time commented that he lowered the sweet cream and added marshmellow. Thats when I started mixing it. My recipe card and 1st notes are dated feb. 9th, 2015.
Lets call it Rock de Menthe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread