Issues with Kangertech coils' resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes2Ashes

Oct 23, 2016
Recently bought a new Presa TC40w battery to use with standard Kangertech 1.8 dual coils that I've been happily using for a long time. I thought the battery was a dud as was getting hardly any flavour and dry vape. Disappointed, bought another eLeaf 40w istick, same issue so turned my attention to the coils.

I'd always been putting a new coil in and it would display a 1.79ohms resistance when new, producing a strong flavour and plenty of vapour, then as the coil life burned out, this would increase to 1.80... 1.81 etc. which always led to me replacing with a new coil.

For some reason brand new 1.8 coils are displaying anything up to 1.88-1.9 from the go and I can only think this is causing the loss of flavour and dryness. Turned my attention to the tank (standard EVOD2) which I'd had the original one across several batteries so replaced that. Success, next coil with new tank 1.79, full flavour back and happy again.

Time came to replace coil and the issue is now back. Brand new 1.8 coil registering 1.9 from the outset and dry flavourless vape.

I've been vaping for years, though only with simple sealed (non-mod) batteries and always KT coils and this is really making me fed up. If anyone has any ideas what the issue could be, would love some feedback. The coils I've tried (always 1.8 KT dual) have come from different batches, from different places to eliminate chance of dodgy batch.

So I've tried;
Changing batteries (2 brand new units)
Swopping out several coils
Replacing with new tank (successful once)

Just looking to get back to seeing a brand new 1.8 coil display 1.79 or as near as, when it's new so I can enjoy the flavour and get a good vape.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
sorry only just saw this...

any chance the device is just getting worn?
or liquid between the connections?
bad batch of coils?
coil screwed in too tight or too loose?

I don't have one of these so just trying to think of typical causes. yes there can be variations, no premade is exactly 1.8 etc... but the coils changing wattage is a sign of a connectivity issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread